Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

HOME DEPOT KAMADO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:57 pm    

HOME DEPOT KAMADO

Why thinset now and not R2D2 to repair the hdk?
Why not? Here's why, Home Depot supplied all the material anyway. Wink

Quote:
Anojones
Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 12:14 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hey- I have a black textured #3 from about 10 years ago that I have ignored for the past couple, been through a move and beat up a bit and ignored, and has thus some issues. The texture has come loose and flaked off- I've removed most of it from the bottom of the cooker but am looking for an idea to re-finish. Can I just paint the bare ceramic or should I apply thinset and paint. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Richardj
Post Number: 2608
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 12:34 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I would suggest texturing first. You could purchase some thinset from Home Depot or similar and apply with a sponge by "dabbing" I guess you would call it. A texturing gun would be best but probably too much trouble. I would also do the lid at the same time. Then paint or cover with black "unsanded" grout and lastly seal with some tile sealer.

Your #3 will look like new.

email me if you might need a little help.

Regards, Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: