Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

What has happened to this forum?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
primeats

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:19 am    

What has happened to this forum?

Jeeze...things have slowed almost to a standstill around here! Just when I have a little time to do some casual reading, nothing is happening! Please tell me our source of subject matter isn't drying up, this has been more entertaining than any reality show. No disrespect to those who have been fleeced or bamboozled intended or implied.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 am    

i think the fact that this board has fallen (somewhat) silent is a reflection on its relative success. ultimately, this forum has served a twofold purpose of

1) warning potential ceramic enthusiasts of fraudulent practices by maintaining a record of those practices. since complaints tend to have a very short lifespan, we capture them and keep them here to serve as a warning.

2) giving frustrated individuals a place to air grievances without fear of being blocked or having them simply deleted.

and, while you may be a little dismayed at the lack of new grievances, keep in mind that this means that (hopefully) fewer people are getting taken advantage of. this is a good thing.

keep an eye on the source of the general offense as well. you think it's quiet here? historically, cooking forums tend to experience higher traffic, repleat with food pr0n of roasting turkeys and so on. nothing there tho, is there? no requests for holiday recipes, no bragging rights being exercised, no nothing.

what you are seeing is the ounce of prevention provided by this site taking effect. i suspect people are quietly taking their custom elsewhere, where they can depend on a quality product with after-the-sale service. there are several vendors that provide that, and i'm sure their boards are buzzing with good things!
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:09 am    

Well put, porkchop.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:39 pm    

Yup, think you hit the nail on the head, don't think RJ has sold a POSK in a couple years, everyone who owns a POSK knows by now to expect it to fall apart, some take longer than others. I'm sure there are many that have fallen apart but the owners have moved on as they know there is no recourse against a broke old man.
primeats

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:14 am    

See, now I have something to read, thanks P.C.
Runswithscissors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:40 am    

I can't help but wonder if Snakeriver Idaho ever got his POSK. Lots of posts while he was waiting, but nothing stating he ever recieved it.
bdonson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:16 am    

I was wondering about SR in Idaho the other day of course since I got the toe (boot) from the forum I can't look him up and see of he left any contact info
bdonson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:13 am    

here is one I haven't seen posted

Wolfman
Associate Member
Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 7:38 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Well here we go again. You can see from above posts that I placed my order for the firebox on the 24th.

I was told that since it was Thanksgiving week that the firebox would be sent out on the following Monday, the 29th.

On Tuesday, the 30th, I sent a followup email and asked for the tracking number and was told "we were out of boxes on Monday but we shipped it out today and we will have a tracking number for you later today".

I sent a followup email on Wed, Dec. 1st requesting tracking number...no response!

I sent a follwoup email on Mon, Dec. 6th requesting tracking number...no response!

Not only is this very maddening and frustrating but very unprofessional. If you guys are closed for the holidays, sickness or any other reason please setup an "out of office" response in your email and everyone will understand but if you are working and just blowing people off then that is completely unacceptable.

Guess I'll go ahead and put the "smokey joe" grill in the bottom as one of the other posters recommended and start looking at grill domes and the like but rest assured I will look for reviews on their customer service before I buy anything over the Internet again!
Porkchop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:17 am    

first thing posted on their forum in over a week, and this is what they get. too bad. totally on topic, too, as Wolfman states, "I will look for reviews on their customer service before I buy anything over the Internet again!" too bad he didn't stop here first.

anybody got any guesses as to how long it will take for them to scrub the post?
dwebb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:49 pm    

Casey is still clueless...

Casey
Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 2:48 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Wolfman, I work with a lot of different types of vendors in my business and some are small and family owned like the Kamado Company. What I find is at times it takes patience if you want a quality product. Grill Dome is a mass produced product. Kamado's are a true part of Americana! When companies like these are gone, (and they almost are) we will be left with stamped out products and electronic customer service without the personalized touch that only people like the Johnson's can produce. Please show some appreciation for real "Made in America" craftsmen like these. Please don't discourage them. I would hate to lose these people. Maybe just a little more patience and understanding is all it will take. I am sure you will receive a true quality product you can be proud of.

Thanks, Case
Got my Money back

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:00 am    

Casey

Yeah, right....
craftsmanship and the Richard Johnson family should not be in the same sentence.
From the tenor of Casey's message, it certainly sounds like a member of the Johnson family posting.
Or they let people who have been committed to an asylum have internet access.
Got my Money back

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:02 am    

Casey's registered date

Note the date which Casey registered on the Richard Johnson forum.... April 2010.
mmmm... can anyone say "plant".
total BS and an insult to human kind.
dwebb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 am    

Wolfman still upset

Wolfman
Associate Member
Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 9:21 pm:

I've been trying to get a firebox since June. I was told it would be shipped out on Monday. I was told it WAS shipped out on Tuesday and I still don't have a tracking number. How much patience do you think someone should have? Do you not think a company should treat an existing customer well by actually sending them a part they need in less than 6 months time? And if they say it has already been shipped don't you think I should have notice of it being shipped?

I've tried doing everything as politely as I can possibly do it. To tell you the truth my #7 has a crack from top to the opening to the bottom vent and I'm going to try and use fireplace sealant on it when it warms up a bit and the top that screws up and down has a large crack but I haven't said a word about that, I just wanted to replace the firebox that has fallen completely apart and try to use it a while longer.
DodgedTheBullet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:37 am    

Personally I think Casey is playing with the Johnson's, some of his comments are so off the wall that I don't even think the Johnson's would come-up with it. Like this comment, "personalized touch that only people like the Johnson's can produce." This on kills me, it's got to be a jab at them.

He's not "real" nor is he even close to considering purchasing a Kamado.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 pm    

Look out Casey!

Or the Wolfman's gonna getcha! OWWWWWWWWWW! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: