Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Dragon Fire King Kamado Charcoal Grill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamado leary

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:16 am    

Dragon Fire King Kamado Charcoal Grill

G'Day,

Originally I was interested in A BGE. When I price the egg and the accesories I want, the total is a little hard to swallow.

Does anyone have info on the Dragon Fire King Kamado Charcoal Grill?

Cheers
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:08 am    

I don't know about that cooker, but you might want to keep in mind, when trying to swallow the price of ceramic cookers, that you will own the cooker for a long long long time. I spent $800 8 years ago. I could have spent that much on more than one metal gas grill in that time frame.

The other thing to consider when swallowing different prices from different makers is the customer service. BGE has great service. I haven't really heard anything one way or the other about Dragon King.

Ok, another thing to consider. All the major legitimate ceramic cooker companies have active on line discussion forums so you can get lots of help if you have trouble, and you can get lots of new ideas for cooking things when you get tired of burgers and chicken.

I wish you well on your quest!
curly

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:27 am    

I just looked up Dragon King and it was $750ish. That's about in line with a BGE isn't it. Of course I didn't look up what all of the extras may cost. Maybe they are thrown in with the Dragon King.

But I'll hvae to agree with FT, BGE has a great cs, never a complaint.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:34 am    

Hey it's a one time investment.........

If your buying a BGE or some other proven brand. Get a quality one and get years of enjoyment. Wink
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:35 am    

There's a whole new generation of cookers modeled after the BGE which are little known to our community: The Dragon Fire, The Meteor Comet, the California Kamado (aka the Grill Pod), and the Bayou Classic Cypress Ceramic. I think they're all hard fired ceramic.

But I would need to see very substantial savings (>40%) to risk getting an unknown entity instead of one of the better known hard ceramic cookers, i.e, BGE, Primo, or Grill Dome. Those three have stellar records.

I didn't list the Imperial Kamado which has been around, off and on, for a long time. It's earthenware but supposedly much sturdier than the earthenware BGEs of several decades ago. They claim that earthenware produces a superior flavor. Let's just say I'm very skeptical of that claim.

And if you really want to be adventurous, and potentially take one for the team, check out the Bubba Keg, a two layer insulated metal egg style cooker.

If the BGE price seems too steep for you, we won't mention the otherwise very appealing kk.

And if actually receiving the cooker is important to you, we won't mention the other tiled cooker.

If you're close to a large city, surf Craigslist for a few weeks for BGEs. I often see them at very low prices. You'll just have to be ready to jump on any deal you see because there's lots of other folks trying to score a deal on a quality ceramic cooker.

If you do buy a Dragon Fire or one of the other new, primarily unknown brands, please report your findings. The more info that is available, the less likely people are to be disappointed.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:26 pm    

The Bubba Keg has a real problem with its gasket. The lower "shell" has rivets sticking up out of the edge. Each rivet damages the gasket when you close the lid. (Gasket is on the lid.) The one I saw had holes in the gasket where each rivet damaged it.
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:05 pm    

Actually my biggest reservation with the Bubba Keg Grill is their website address:

http://bubbakeggrill.com/

That's one you don't want a dyslexic typing. Razz Might not like what you find.

Unless you do.

I hear tell there are cookbooks available. Shocked
kravnh

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:30 am    

Gerard wrote:
Might not like what you find.

That took me a minute. Then it was hilarious. Laughing

Keith
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:54 am    

kravnh wrote:
Gerard wrote:
Might not like what you find.

That took me a minute. Then it was hilarious. Laughing

Keith

I'm glad someone got it. Razz

BTW, I should be ashamed of myself for writing it and you should be ashamed of yourself for getting it. Embarassed
kravnh

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:41 pm    

Gerard wrote:
BTW, I should be ashamed of myself for writing it and you should be ashamed of yourself for getting it. Embarassed

That doesn't even get close to the level of shame...maybe I'm sharing too much... Embarassed
Kamado leary

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:50 am    

Thanks for all that, looks like i'll be sticking with a BGE. Whether new or used. Used ones are not easy to find.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 am    

Here ya go.......

Kamado Leary, I don't know where you live but maybe this would work. The BGE is a great choice.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/for/1175325157.html
Kamado leary

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:41 pm    

Re: Here ya go.......

Unbelievable wrote:
Kamado Leary, I don't know where you live but maybe this would work. The BGE is a great choice.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/for/1175325157.html

Thanks, if I was any where near there.....let`s just say it`s a bit cooler where I am. Shocked
Cracked K

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:11 pm    

Viking cooker

Viking also makes an egg like cooker. It is a bit small, but if it is built to other Viking products, it could be pretty nice.

http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/products/product.jsp?id=prod170058 #product-overview

I first saw this on Simply Ming when he had Ted Allen on as a guest.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:41 am    

Dragon Fire

Here are a couple videos detailing the uncrating/setup of a Dragon Fire Kamado. It actually looks pretty nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsGH5mTzwKs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avULeXW01ig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: