Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Is this a record for Kamado screwing and customer patience?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 am    

Is this a record for Kamado screwing and customer patience?

Quote:
Motzy
Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 9:40 am:
I placed an order and paid a 50% deposit on 12/10/2007. I received a few messages back saying there was a short delay but should receive an update soon. No reply since 2/25/2008 from Richelle.

This a copy and paste from that email:

Hello Norman,
How are you? I hope you had a nice weekend. You do save on shipping having charcoal shipped with the Kamado. I have done a few rates to give you an idea of the price increase with charcoal. These rates are to the terminal or for an additional $50.00 the shipper will deliver directly to your residence. Please note we have a flat residential delivery rate so it do not matter the quantity of charcoal you decide one.

#7 = $126.96
#7 + 25 Boxes = $229.99
#7 + 30 Boxes = $239.59
#7 + 35 Boxes = $257.89

As soon as your Kamado is in production I will have the factory take some pictures to send you. There is not a hole designated for a meat probe but there has never been an issue just sticking it under the lid. Please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions or concerns. Thank you for you patience as it is highly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Richelle Johnson

He's waited 18 months since he put down his deposit? And Kamado hasn't responded in 16 months? This has to be a record!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:06 am    

Oh it was the tile color he chose !

Snakeriveridaho
Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 10:02 am:

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hello Norman.

I was curious, what color of tile did you order? I was told that can slow things down.

Kirk
I think Snake is getting antsy and starting to believe that he's made a big mistake. But it's common to hear stuff like this around here. Motzy has been skrewed and Snakeriveridaho is right behind him with two kamado's on order.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 am    

Yeah, that would explain an 18 month delay with no communication, huh? LOL!
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:13 pm    

But wait a minute... Tony's number is available to the world, and that's supposed to solve ALL of Kamado's customer service woes...

Or not.. Smile

Kamado is an idiotracy : An organization of idiots, by idiots, FOR idiots.

-Michael in Seabrook
(yes, I made up the word "idiotracy".. Smile )
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:14 pm    

Read all about it!

Quote:
Motzy
Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 10:24 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I ordered Red Venetian, but if that was no longer available they could make some suggestions, you'd think. Or at least some sort of replay to many emails and phone calls with only an answering machine. What a way to run a business... If their business is in trouble I can certainly understand few people would have hung in there like I have. I just would like to Kook.

Snakeriveridaho
Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 10:48 am:

Well, I hope you receive you Kamado soon so you can get to kooking. I am waiting on a cobalt blue, hopefully it won't take as long as the red venetian. The red venetian is by far my and my wife's favorite color, the look beautiful in the pictures. Good luck,
Kirk

Richardj
Post Number: 2483
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 3:06 pm:

As most know the red Venetian tile is stained glass and made by very few in U.S. or Europe. I have found many sources in China but the color and quality is VERY bad. We have standing purchase order for the red Venetian but their production is very small and/or slow. I am looking forward to making our own larger “Custom” ceramic glazed tile again where we can make any color a customer wanted, with red being my favorite. I have been asked about the longevity of glass tile over ceramic or vice versa. I would say both are excellent but possibly ceramic might be a little better. As far as Kooking, I would say that the thicker the ceramic wall, the better holding/disbursing of the heat and is a little better. The next newsletter will have an update on our own custom tile manufacturing and the new #11 progress.

Most of our customers will receive a “Kamado Bulletin” about Tony Lomeli who is heading up our sales and service support where are goal is NO unanswered emails or telephone calls during west coast business hours and week days. If, by chance, the lines are busy please leave a short message and your call will be returned within a few minutes or a very short period of time. You will speak to a knowledgeable human. I know how frustrating it is with all the automation and/or no human or worse no one! We want to do our best to avoid this situation.
And let's not forget that he bought two.....
Quote:
Snakeriveridaho
Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 7:18 am:

Hello everyone,
My name is Kirk. I live in south-central Idaho on the Snake River with my wife, Carrie; and my 2 kids, Lea (12 years old) and Creek (9 years). I recently order A K7 and a K3, both in cobalt blue. I wanted to thank everyone for a the information present here. The pre-sale questions and the information in the kampfire were particularly helpful. In a few more weeks I hope to use a lot of the information in the recipe section.
I also wanted to thank Richard and Laura for their help in answering many of my questions.
Are there any other member from Idaho? We live north of a small town named Buhl.
Thanks again, Kirk

Better get used to it guys this is only the beginning.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:28 pm    

Richardj wrote:

As most know the red Venetian tile is stained glass and made by very few in U.S. or Europe. I have found many sources in China but the color and quality is VERY bad. We have standing purchase order for the red Venetian but their production is very small and/or slow.

Hey RJ: How in the f*ck is this supposed to excuse the fact that you took this guy's deposit 18mos ago and no one from your company has communicated with him in 15 months? YOU are the one that heard the messages and read the emails and failed to respond. It's got nothing to do with the scarcity of the tile he selected or the presence or absence of Tony.

Richardj wrote:

...I am looking forward to making our own larger “Custom” ceramic glazed tile again where we can make any color a customer wanted, with red being my favorite.

Once again, how the f*ck is this relevant to this case? Not that we would mind seeing you make big POS tiles cause they're so attractive:

Richardj wrote:

I have been asked about the longevity of glass tile over ceramic or vice versa. I would say both are excellent but possibly ceramic might be a little better. As far as Kooking, I would say that the thicker the ceramic wall, the better holding/disbursing of the heat and is a little better. The next newsletter will have an update on our own custom tile manufacturing...

Not to beat a dead horse, and let's face it, your horse is about as dead as they come, but I'm pretty sure the poor SOB that made the mistake of sending you money doesn't give a shit about the longevity of the tile. In fact, I trust that unless you personally made the tile, the tile is about the only part of a K likely to have any longevity..

Richardj wrote:

...and the new #11 progress.

WTF? Are you not listening? You stole this poor man's money! That is a crime. In fact, it's a felony. Some bullshit paragraph in your next newsletter does not absolve you of that crime.
Too bad Red Venetian tile is so scarce, cause all of us here are just dying to get a #11 POSK, but ONLY IF WE CAN GET IT IN RED VENETIAN.

Richardj wrote:
Most of our customers will receive a “Kamado Bulletin” about Tony Lomeli who is heading up our sales and service support where are goal is NO unanswered emails or telephone calls during west coast business hours and week days. If, by chance, the lines are busy please leave a short message and your call will be returned within a few minutes or a very short period of time. You will speak to a knowledgeable human. I know how frustrating it is with all the automation and/or no human or worse no one! We want to do our best to avoid this situation.

How does this help? Does Tony have a Venetian Red K in his back pocket? Is his front pocket full of cobalt blue tiles for BobH - or is he just happy to see him? Does Tony have dozens of K's ready to ship to fulfill warranty obligations? Does he have repair kits and dome spiders and chinese hats and lumpsavers under his hat? How in the hell is Tony's presence going to do one thing to remedy the problems?

You're the one that doesn't have product to ship or materials to manufacture or credit to purchase materials. Unless it's putting high quality product into customer's hands in a matter of weeks, adding Tony to take the heat from pissed off customers does nothing.

We're accustomed to your bullshit prattling, in fact, we're fond of it. But not even addressing the customer's primary concern, i.e., he doesn't have his cooker and his phone and email messages have been ignored for more than a year in your response is a new low.

The only proper response would have been, "I humbly apologize for failing to deliver your cooker in a timely manner and for having failed to communicate regularly with you. Here is your refund."
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:32 pm    

I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!

The Spanker wrote:
Quote:
How does this help? Does Tony have a Venetian Red K in his back pocket? Is his front pocket full of cobalt blue tiles for BobH - or is he just happy to see him? Does Tony have dozens of K's ready to ship to fulfill warranty obligations? Does he have repair kits and dome spiders and chinese hats and lumpsavers under his hat? How in the hell is Tony's presence going to do one thing to remedy the problems?
And that quality Tijauna Kamado with the black electrical tape holding it together Laughing Laughing Laughing !!!!!!!
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:48 am    

Someone should inform Motzy of his options to pursue fraud charges against RJ, postal or otherwise. I think it is time to pull this back up:

Unfortunately, wherever it came from, it isn't real. If only....
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:33 am    

He was just visiting... Someone needed him to pick up the soap they dropped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: