Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Cement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:02 pm    

Cement

Here's a little more evidence.......
Quote:
Surfinsapo
Post Number: 142
Posted on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 6:27 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Elwood, I think is made more of a masonry cement and not ceramic clay.. Mine looks like cement and feels like cement...
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:31 am    

Hmmm, will Surfinsapo now be banned for using the "C" word? RJ now brags about his new cookers containing new materials. Will he finally confess that for all these years all his "ceramic" cookers were really nothing more than portland cement and crushed lava rock?
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:40 pm    

Highlights

Quote:
Elwood
Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 8:58 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Thanks again for the reply S.S. I am new to some of these materials. It may be cement with another compound mixed in for added durability. They must be thicker than an egg. Those tiled ones are really something.

Bobh
Post Number: 478
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 9:40 am:

Elwood, I have a #7 that is tiled in cobalt blue. For sure the tiled kookers are a prettier sight, but the textured will kook just as well. If I were to ever buy another, I would get a textured and save money, and obviate any chance that tiles will be lost. Comparing the BGE to the Kamado, the biggest difference is that the BGE walls are about 1/2 inch thick, and the K is 2 inches thick. Guess which one will hold heat better.

Elwood
Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 10:07 am:

Thanks for the reply Bob, I really like the tiled, but what do you mean by lost tiles? Maybe a textured would be the way to go. I also like that the Kamado has thicker walls. That would explain the extra weight. And the material is some kind of masonry cement mixture, which is probably a lot stronger.

Cg_cooker
Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 12:10 pm:

Bobh

>>Guess which one will hold heat better.<<

One (the K) is cement and one (BGE) is ceramic, right? I am not sure which will hold heat better since we're talking two different materials. All I know is I have cooked for over 20 hours, at 235 deg, with my BGE and still had plenty of fuel left at the end of the cook.

I truly am not sure which would hold heat better, 2 inches of cement or 1/2 inch of ceramic. I will say, I have a ceramic knife. Not sure I've ever seen a cement knife. That said, do you know which holds heat better and whether or not any difference is significant in the REAL world of cooking?

Elwood
Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 1:03 pm:

Hi CG_cooker, Aren't these cookers superior to a BGE? I have read testimonies like SurfinSapo's in the above post. It's my understanding that these are much higher end. The masonry cement must be mixed with a special secret material that holds heat better than ceramic. Do you have a Kamado or a BGE? If you have a BGE are you a member at their forum too? Thanks

Bobh
Post Number: 479
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 1:08 pm:

Cg_cooker, since I do not own a BGE, I have not ever done a test to see which hold it's heat best. But, on the face of it, I would (and I guess I have) assumed that the Kamado would hold heat better from it's mass alone. I wonder if anyone on the forum knows the answer to the question.

Snakeriveridaho
Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 3:24 pm:

Hello everyone.

I am sure there are some benefits to both materials and both products. Like Bobh, it seems very reasonable to assume that once you have all of the mass of the kamado preheated, the kamado would hold in the heat better. However, it also takes more energy (heat) to get it up to cooking temperature. If this really makes a difference is a matter of opinion. After you learn how to use you set-up I doubt there would be a significant difference either way.

There are other things to consider. I bought a K7 for several reasons. Among them the beauty of the tiled surface, the options available, and the amount of usable cooking surface. I know that there are cases of tiles eventually falling off, I accept that and I will repair it myself if I ever have that problem. Both my wife and I love the look of the Kamados and they have done an excellent job developing a great set of useful option and maximizing the cooking area.

Kirk

Kirk is a new breed of buyer. He's expecting problems and upkeep ahead of time. He should have just bought a KK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: