Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Cookoff location?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:41 am    

Cookoff location?

Quote:
Lauraj
Post Number: 291

Posted on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 11:49 pm:
Hey everyone!

I have been wanting to have another Cook-Off for awhile! I miss them, they were one of the highlights of the summer. While I would love to host a cook-off here in Las Vegas, I have been throwing around the idea of having one in Sacramento to honor our past.

What is everyone's thoughts? Would you rather come to Las Vegas or Sacramento?

WTF? Honor their past? What? The Nam Sang sailing boat that their father stole and sunk in the Sacramento River? That must be it.

If so, then along those lines, why not hold a cookoff in Indonesia? They could honor all the workers that were put out of work when RJ fled the country in the middle of the night?

Could they hold a cookoff somewhere in the Philippines to honor the four containers of charcoal that RJ never paid the distributor for?

Or perhaps a cook-off in Pennsylvania would be appropriate to honor the $10,000 that RJ stole from The BBQ Guru company?

Yes, there is a lot of "past" that the Johnson family needs to honor and a lot of locations where they could do it. Any other suggestions for the location of a cookoff where the Johnsons can honor their past?
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:11 am    

Quote:
Lauraj
Post Number: 292
Posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 9:00 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Well, it seems as though we are a little tied on where to have the cook-off. Maybe we could host two. Wink

Elwood, hello! Sacramento is where we started Kamado, and where us girls grew up. One plus to Sacramento is a that all of our family and most of the first Kamado owners are located there. I wouldn't say that having it in Sacramento would make the event happen any sooner. I would be taking the lead of organizing the event for Kamado. I have been wanting to host one and with Richelle and Richard's assistance, as well as everyone here , we would be able to get the ball rolling. If we were to have the cook-off in Sacramento, I would like to have it at William Land Park since it is a beautiful location (close to Mcdonalds) and that is where we hosted all of them in the past.

Alan, I understand not finding Vegas appealing. It can definitely be a love or hate city. But know that Vegas, and the Johnson's, always welcome your visit.

I will have to figure out how we can post a poll to see what everyone's thoughts are as to the location. I would be happy at either place.

Outdoorchef, welcome! I can relate, I love finding any excuse to go back home and see friends & family.
Most Kamado owners live there because they haven't sold any since they left. Laughing
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:13 am    

BUT WAIT!! Didn't fanboy Bobh say that Krapado owners are located all over the USA? Oh deary, now I'm confused.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm    

Sounds like Bobh is at war with Elwood!

Quote:
Elwood
Associate Member
Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 7:24 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hi Laura thanks for the information. Sacramento sounds like a winner and I can drive there in a couple of hours. I have been reading about kamado charcoal. It sounds like special stuff. Is that what everyone usually cooks on at the event? I can't wait to eat something that was cooked on it. SurfinSapo here's your chance to get some.

Bobh
Post Number: 483
Posted on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 4:00 pm:

BOB(inFla), I am going to vote for a Louisville Ky venue for the cook off. I only live 75 miles away. Seems that to some the 2000 miles I would have to travel makes little difference. Of course to those who only live a couple hours away from Sacto, I can understand the attitude.

Elwood
Associate Member
Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 4:38 pm:

Bobh writes: "Of course to those who only live a couple hours away from Sacto, I can understand the attitude." Quit complaining and move outta the sticks Bob! We are just excited to know that we are gonna have a Kamado Kookoff! I would be just fine with Vegas. But hey, Sacs where they laid down roots and it sounds like they wanna get back to em'. If the cook-off was in KY I would catch a plane especially if I was retired. I am just really glad there are so many loyal fans willing to travel for such a great event. Thanks Kamado Co.
Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: