Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Heluva deal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:13 am    

Heluva deal

Seems like there should be a "1" in front of the selling price.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/for/1251464061.html

If I was within 400 miles of San Mateo, I would be all over this. Good luck if anyone reading this decides to purchase it.
tskyrocket

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:43 pm    

WOW

Too bad I live in Chicago. I'd be all over that.
tskyrocket

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:12 pm    

Its SOLD

How do I know? Cuz I bought it! Email chatted with seller and my freight forwarder who will move it from San Francisco to Chicago's super western burbs.
Spanker, my heartfelt thanks for posting the lead on this jewel. After trashing my #5 MexiK this weekend and knowing I have work to do on my #7 IndoK, its good to know a truly lifelong product is heading my way.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:19 am    

Congratulations Tskyrocket!

I live about two hours away from the seller. I put the word out to a few other ceramic cookers around my area, but I am glad that you bought it. What a steal. Can you please post a few pictures when it arrives?
The Spanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:13 pm    

That's great Tskyrocket! Thanks for letting us know one of our own got it. Mind sharing how much you're paying to have it shipped?

I hope you post your initial photos and experiences; if not here, then on the kk site.

I've been searching for Kamado and Big Green Egg on global CraigsList search engines for the the past couple of years. I've only seen two other used kk's for sale. One was $2000 and the other was $2200 so you got an amazing deal. That was the best deal I've seen other than a rather new large BGE for $100 in Atlanta a few months ago.

In the spirit of helping my fellow man, I'll continue posting what I consider really good deals. E.g., large BGEs and Primos for less than 500, kk's for less than 1200 or so, and intact POSK's under 200.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:44 am    

Imperial Kamado $300

I think this is an Imperial Kamado. I believe these are earthenware and not ceramic. It might be a good deal since it is brand new. http://delaware.craigslist.org/for/1258280586.html
Gerard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:04 am    

Re: Imperial Kamado $300

Unbelievable wrote:
I think this is an Imperial Kamado.

I don't think it's an Imperial. Don't they have rough surfaces? I really don't know if it's an old cooker that's never been used or one of the new brands.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:19 am    

Is that an early Primo? Didn't they sell a spherical cooker before they cloned the BGE?
Gerard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:35 am    

The first Primos were rounder than that and a rather sickly orange.

The emblem on the Craiglist entry sort of looks like an Imperial K emblem but I think it reads DK. Diem Kamado???? If so... that's a Johnson cooker from the seventies but I don't see any ears so I may be blowing smoke.
tskyrocket

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:29 am    

My KK purchase

I won't see it for a few weeks due to shipping logistics and being out of town soon. I'll get to see it in our warehouse dock on July 27 when I get back in town.
Seems like eternity.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:39 pm    

Gerard wrote:
I think it reads DK. Diem Kamado???? If so... that's a Johnson cooker from the seventies but I don't see any ears so I may be blowing smoke.

Diem Kamados didn't have the ears. I believe that is a Diem Kamado, something RJ has claimed were his work. All we have on that is his word.
curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:14 pm    

Admin wrote:
... All we have on that is his word.
Like money in the bank Embarassed Embarassed Well, if you're shorting the market Rolling Eyes
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:27 pm    

Here are a few pictures of what might be the same. Look at the green one at the top and then the red one towards the bottom. Caution! I couldn't paste the address. You will need to find your own way there. Rolling Eyes

thepickledpig.com/forums/general-bbq-grilling/650-vintage-kamados.html
Gerard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:31 pm    

Unbelievable wrote:
... then the red one towards the bottom.

Ahh, now I see why you think the Delaware cooker is an Imperial. I didn't know they ever made a cooker like that.
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:57 am    

I emailed the owner of the cooker in Delaware. Per the owner:
Quote:
It is a Kinuura yaki Kamado made in Japan Marunaka togyo co..LTD.

That might make it a close relative of an Imperial kamado since the Imperial Kamado history website states:

Quote:
The most important key to the efficiency of the KAMADO was the raw material uniquely native to Mikawa-Hekinan. The local clay was a most valuable asset, with pottery made from it becoming KINUURAYAKI works of art. It is difficult to find easily accessible clay of the same quality elsewhere in the Orient. When we were forced to give up our production location it became a difficult search to find equivalent raw material.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: