Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Blowhard Johnson's Hanging Pigs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:55 am    

Blowhard Johnson's Hanging Pigs

Richard's at it again, making stuff up, spewing opinions and disinformation with all the authority that imaginary "expert chefs" and "top restaurants" can muster.

Quote:
Pig "hanging" question

Richardj

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 3:05 pm:
We have a national TV cooking show that will do 12 shows using a #9 Kamado. One of the shows will video a whole pig hanging on our meat hanger. The pig will be a little larger than what is called a "suckling pig" or about 30 plus pounds.

My question is, do you hang with the head up or down? We have Kooked suckling pigs hanging both ways and have found no difference. Have any of you suggestions as to head up or down? I am supposed to give instructions and I am not sure at all.

Please send me an email with your suggestions. richardj@kamado.com.

Thanks

A TV Show? Really? When and Where? Does it have a Name?

Quote:
Smokeybob

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 6:43 pm:
Ive only ever seen em laid out flat. Hanging? Would that cook uneven? I imagine head down would be best. Tho Im not sure why.

When is this going to air? I want to see how it all works out.

Thx
BoB

Please.

Quote:
Richardj

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 7:36 pm:

Thanks BoB,

Hanging on the meat hanger head down is easier to hold, but like you, I am not sure why as to a taste test.

Cooking even is fine when "hanging" rather than a rotisserie or laid flat or both. The pig is prepared or stuffed with many of their favorite recipes and not possible when flat. There a few tricks in maintaining temperature without a temperature controller, but with a little experience it becomes easy. Commercial use, as in most cases, does not like temperature controllers and certainly not rotisseries.

This TV program would like to have #11 but we have to send them a #9 for now unless we can get them a #11 in time. We will certainly post the TV viewing times.

Commercial operations don't like temperature control. Mhm.

Who is preparing pigs stuffed with "their" favorite recipes?

Quote:
Bobrogers
Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 5:51 am:
That sounds like great exposure! Which show is this going to be on?

And can you elaborate on what types of recipes can you do with a vertical pig that you can't do with a flat pig? I've only ever thought about rubs and injecting which I would think you could do no matter how the pig is located.

Good luck on the TV show!

Bob

Another Bob. There is no show, RJ is making things up to sound important and authoritative, to entice people to send him money.

Quote:
Smokeybob

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 7:44 am:
>>" Commercial use, as in most cases, does not like temperature controllers and certainly not rotisseries."

Huh? Both of these provide consistency, which commercial use needs. I cant find anything anywhere about roasting whole pigs vertical. Most are done flat or on a spit (big rotisserie). What recipes can you do vertical that you can't do on a rack or spit?

Thx
BoB

Good question, Bob #1.

Quote:
Bobrogers

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 9:32 am:
Richard, I also tried googling "cook hanging pig" and came up dry. Can you provide any references/sources that talk about this?

Thanks!
Bob

Good question also, Bob#2.

Quote:
Elwood
Post Number: 29

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 10:37 am:
Hi Richard, The TV show sounds exciting. I think if at all possible it would be a good idea to get them a #11. Since that is the one that you talked about as a commercial design. That would be a great marketing move. The exposure would probably sell several #11's to restaurant's and caterers. I can't wait to see the show. Good Luck.

Had your happy pill today Elwood? Sounds like it.

Quote:
Richardj

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 10:56 am:
Bobrogers, since our larger Kamados are the only ceramic cookers that have the vertical height or structure to "hang" large whole pigs, goats or lamb there isn't much or any information available. I guess that is why the TV interest showing something new. We have some chef's hanging pigs since we made our first #9 years ago. I have never visited these restaurants or have been able to obtain learn much of their techniques other than they are delighted with the results and ease of cooking. A few use more than one #9 at a time and all are looking forward to the #11.

None of the chef's that I know of use a temperature controller although I would agree that there should a slightly steadier temperature and a more uniform temperature due to the nearly closed damper top and forced air circulation. However, since some of these chef’s cook 10 to 12 hours a day they become very proficient at temperature control and don’t bother with these accessories.

Smokeybob, I understand the reason whole rather than flat is the inside is “stuffed” with their secrete ingredients and then sown closed or sometimes tied close. The expert chef’s that follow the rule that pig or other must be cooked IN ceramics. Digging a whole or pit (Hawaiian style) is out of the question for most commercial restaurants. An open pit or metal drum with rotisserie is not the same but up till now is about the only other way because of the length of the whole pig or other long carcass.

I admit and apologize that I am no chef and don’t intend to suggest how to prepare any food (except steak). My challenge is designing and making the efficient heavy walled ceramic cooking vessel large enough in which the professionals (and many of you Kamado owners) can prepare and cook their special and unique foods. I will learn more on my first visit to my favorite pig “hanging chef” and hopefully share some pictures and possibly a video.

Since the larger kamados are the only ceramic cookers with the height to hang whole pigs... there "isn't much or any information available. Because... there aren't many #9s or any #11s, presumably.

Notice the chef's and restaurants are never named. None of the Chef's Richard knows use a temperature controller. How many chefs do you know, richard? Anyone that uses an oven uses a temperature controller.

"The expert chef's that follow the rule that pig or other must be cooked IN ceramics." What the hell does that mean? There's a rule about that?

Quote:
Richardj

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 11:12 am:
Elwood, thanks for the comment on the #11. The TV station and I agree, this #11 would make a very unique and interesting show since it is so huge. Looks like we are going to have some sponsorship from a top restaurant which will be very helpful in promoting the #11.

Ugh. The Johnson Bulldada machine is in full effect. "First Visit" to his "favorite pig hanging chef". How are they your favorite, then? Ah, probably someone who wrote you a fat check, so now they're your favorite. Can we have the names of these mysterious "Expert Chefs" and "Top Restaurants" and "TV Shows"??? No, because they are figments of his imagination.

Who are these chefs who apparently pioneered the art of vertical stuffed pig roasting thanks to their fortuitous purchase #9 Kamados?

To the Bob twins - why do you bother asking questions of someone who obviously makes stuff up as he goes along? Chefs don't like temperature controls? What rubbish.

And to Elwood, the new resident fanboy - take off the rosy shades already.

Augh. I don't know why, Richard just annoys me more this morning than usual. Look, if the kamado is going to be on the next Throwdown with Bobby Flay, just fricken say so. All this unverifiable non-specific "nationwide cooking show" blah blah blah. Blow it out your hole, Richard. There is no 11, there is no kamado company. Just a senile old man dottering around his kids' home with nothing better to do than try to rip people off.

Evil or Very Mad
outlaw99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 am    

well said, Admin. This is ALL BS! from the King of BS
primeats

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:34 pm    

Roasting a pig vertically? Love to see THAT! Whenever I roast a whole hog on the rotis., if I don't wrap it in chicken wire or even better use the rotis basket, it usually falls to pieces. In fact I recall one time last year transporting one across town, the head actually fell off into the fire! I was horrified that we would not have a great presentation for the client, but the meat was obviously fall off the bone tender and the burned up head was soon forgotten. How can a vertical roasted pig not just "pancake" itself? Can't wait to see the show, ya think this will be a pay per view event?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:56 pm    

With all due respect for King Richard's propensity for being full of it, if this is a show featured in Singapore or some place like that, maybe they do cook pigs from hooks. Who knows?
The Spanker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:23 pm    

#11 prototype, c.2006:

Unless that's a 20' ladder, there's only 1.5 to 2 feet of vertical space available for cooking. Regardless of whatever the SOB is spouting now, e.g.,
Quote:
since our larger Kamados are the only ceramic cookers that have the vertical height or structure to "hang" large whole pigs, goats or lamb...

There is NO ceramic cooker tall enough to hang anything other than a chicken or turkey or suckling pig. Maybe a very small lamb? But certainly not goats and definitely not
Quote:
large whole pigs

Case in point:

Maybe he meant guinea pig.

AND IF, there were some way to hang a 4 or 5' long trussed pig in a 5' tall K, the dome could not be opened. The top swings backwards as it swings open... it couldn't clear the top of the rack.

AND IF it could fit and the top could be opened, it would be absolutely nightmarish loading it into or removing it from a hot cooker.

AND IF it could be done, the heat differential between top and bottom of cooker would be unmanageable. AND RJ, DON'T SPOUT any bullshit about thermal mass making it all possible.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:30 pm    

And he continues to string fans along.........

RJ has pissed away six more years for an item that isn't going to work as just proven.
http://www.kamado.com/discus/messages/4/64131.html
Richard wrote:
Quote:
As many of you know, I have been working on the #11 for over 6 years.

Wait a minute, let's go back to 03'
Quote:
dj
Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 12:11 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
We are well into the #11 full size model (from which we will make the "master mold" and production molds from this master). What is interesting is working with the commercial customer in designing the various racks, grills etc.

We estimate the first #11 will be completed by the middle of the summer (2003 that is).
I hope he does complete the #11. I really want to see that 10,000 pound cement POS in action.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:13 pm    

Quote:
Bobrogers

Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 11:55 am:
Richard, I notice you deftly side-step the question about the name of the TV show <wink>. Can you at least tell us what network it is on, so we can be ready and order the right channel if we need to? When should we expect it to air, so we can be ready?

Thanks,
Bob

Quote:
Richardj

Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 1:28 pm:
Bob, your question is adroitly asked <wink>. I think you will have time to order a Kamado before the show airs, as the decision is to use a #11. In any case, I will make sure you are fully informed. Thanks for your interest.

"I think you will have time to order a Kamado before the show airs"

Oh, so the show isn't for a year or two...

"as the decision is to use a #11."

Or never.

Rolling Eyes
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:40 pm    

It's hard to imagine that a TV show would be willing to wait 6 months or a year for RJ to get his #11 ready. TV shows typically wait to the last minute and then bang, they want to do it all right now. I'd say if they are willing to wait on RJ, then the TV show itself is about as real as RJ's #11 is. I'd bet that the producers have an idea and are looking into it and when they find out how iffy RJ's ability to provide what they need is, they'll either cancel it or do it with another company or just pursue another path.
curly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:17 am    

They could actually create a reality TV show of Kamado and people would watch it as faithfully as Survivor or any other of the reality shows of the past. The only difference is that they would never have to coach the Johnsons on how to rip off a customer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: