Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

It's On! Ceramic cookers at Costco...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outlaw99

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:01 am    

It's On! Ceramic cookers at Costco...

Costco - Bull Ceramic 19" Kamado Grill W/ Cart

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11482630&whse=BC&topn av=&browse=&lang=en-US

This has to put the final death knell into POSK. INCLUDES SHIPPING AND HANDLING
curly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:59 am    

They had something at Lowes for awhile a few years back. Don't remember if it was Primo or BGE or what. I saw a few people make funny noises as they looked at the price...they just didn't know!

I guess it didn't catch on.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 pm    

curly wrote:

Curly, maybe they just didn't want to drink the kool-aid or join the kult. Laughing
curly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:39 pm    

Unbelievable wrote:
curly wrote:

Curly, maybe they just didn't want to drink the kool-aid or join the kult. Laughing

Yeah, there's good cults (ceramic cooking) and there's bad kults (kamado cooking).
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:56 am    

I'm sure RJ will release his legal team on them for patent and trademark violations... Rolling Eyes
curly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:20 am    

Fetzervalve wrote:
I'm sure RJ will release his legal team on them for patent and trademark violations... Rolling Eyes

Or Costco may buy Kamado so they can have it all.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:33 am    

curly wrote:

I think you have that backwards.

In the sea of business, there are little fish and there are big fish. And RJ is no little fish.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:53 am    

Little fish couldn't possibly stink as badly as RJ does...
curly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:08 am    

The Spanker wrote:
curly wrote:

I think you have that backwards.

In the sea of business, there are little fish and there are big fish. And RJ is no little fish.

I almost said it that way, then I seemed to remember a remark by RJ many moons ago where he was intimating that a big(ger) fish may be going to snap them up Rolling Eyes Anyone remember a remark he made like that once long, long ago?
The Spanker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:49 am    

curly wrote:
...I seemed to remember a remark by RJ many moons ago where he was intimating that a big(ger) fish may be going to snap them up Rolling Eyes Anyone remember a remark he made like that once long, long ago?

Ask, and you shall receive:

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 1142
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 3:34 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
There is hardly a day goes buy that I am not approached with some big deal or the likes of Sam's, Costco etc. Mostly to buy the company.

I thought I was the only one that remembered that kind of stuff.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:52 am    

Quote:

Richardj

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
There is hardly a day goes buy that I am not approached with some big deal or the likes of Sam's, Costco etc. Mostly to buy the company.

What he didn't understand was that the guy approaching him at Sam's or Costco just wanted to see his receipt as he went out the door.
curly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:41 am    

The Spanker wrote:
curly wrote:
...I seemed to remember a remark by RJ many moons ago where he was intimating that a big(ger) fish may be going to snap them up Rolling Eyes Anyone remember a remark he made like that once long, long ago?

Ask, and you shall receive:

Quote:

Richardj

I thought I was the only one that remembered that kind of stuff.

Yeah, Costco or Sam's...who do I sell too. That was right after he made the decision to go with Madoff over Buffett for investing all of that money from his big stock sale. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
tcoliver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:52 am    

I remember him talking about and asking me to meet with a big wig from Home Depot at one point. Problem was HD would have wanted a commitment of many cookers and there was no way in hell RJ would have ever been able to keep up. RJ new that and therefore made it out like he wasn't interested because he could do better without them. In hindsight it would have been nice if they did do a deal and then RJ would have screwed it up and HD would have squashed him like the bug he is.
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:08 pm    

The fact of the matter with the big "warehouse retailers" is that it takes a really big operation to be able to keep up with them.

Some of you may have known about Dwight Innman of "Southwest Outdoor Cooking Systems" (SWOCS). Therse were innovative propane-fired smokers which sold for a reasonable price. Dwight got a deal with Sam's club, who wanted to sell them. He was "getting there" in terms of being able to manage production and inventory, but he wasn't quite there yet -- so when Sams made a big order, then cancelled it, Dwight was put out of business..

Richard can't even handle making one cooker, much less the hundreds or even a few thousand one of the big warehouse retailers would want fo their operation. It would, however, put him out of business, which would be a blessing to the planet.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:37 am    

Yes, it is absurd to think that Richard Johnson could do business with a large retailer. Like almost everything else he says. Simply absurd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: