Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Has anyone had these same issues with an EGG?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Looking4Eggs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:35 pm    

Has anyone had these same issues with an EGG?

Hello All,

I have a habbit that when I decide to get something that I then do checks to see if there are any issues. So I saw the Kamado 25" and said I have to have this. My sister had a few of these and so did my x-brother we call "He who shall not be named".

They both had cracked tops an bottoms. So my question is are there the same issues with all of these types of BBQ's? I thought I'd look for the Big Green Egg complaints but I don't find anything to speak of?

Your all's help would be great.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:49 pm    

Looking4Eggs

Hi there, The kamado's made by the kamado company seem to be the only ones with major problems. Quality and customer service issues. If you want something with tile then consider a Komodo Kamado. They are known for having great customer service and quality. Big Green Eggs, GrillDome, Primo would all be good choices as well. Just steer away from a kamado co. brand. Smile
DodgedTheBullet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:19 pm    

I have three friends with Eggs and their only complaints is that the "seal" between the base and lid didn't last long. Easy repair.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:51 am    

Only Kamado cookers have that problem because they are not actually made from ceramic. They are made from portland cement and crushed lava rock. If you look up the materials properties of portland cement you will see that it is not suited to high heat. RJ picked just about the worst material he could to make his cookers.

Big Green Eggs are made from ceramic that can tolerate heat above 2000 degrees. The inner firebox often cracks, but this is true of all ceramic cookers, even Primo which claims to have solved the problem. But cracked fireboxes are not a problem for brands other than Kamado because they tend to crack and then they stay stable like that for years. On the other hand, Kamado fireboxes have been known to simply crumble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: