Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Oh NO! Tile Troubles For The Bixmeister!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:39 pm    

Oh NO! Tile Troubles For The Bixmeister!

Quote:
Bixmeister
Post Number: 253

Posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 2:22 pm:
Richard, I have had some major tile peeling problems on my K7 as I mentioned in earlier correspondence. Here are the pictures. It appears that the tiles are separating from the Kamado along the cracks. Can you give me guidance on repairing my K7?

Cracks? Tile peeling? Say it ain't so! This shouldn't have happened to a fanboy! I thought RJ carefully chose only the best cookers for his fans! Oh, that's right! Now the good cookers only go to those 5-star restaurants in the Far East! More photos to add to our collection!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:56 pm    

Don't worry Bix it's covered by "Lifetime Warranty"

Here's the new #11
curly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 am    

The cool part about Bix is that he doesn't even hint about a replacement...he simply wants advice on how to fix it.

The sad part is, he's probably now going to be ignored because they do not acknowledge any serious problems. He may now be cross examined on how he broke it in, if he has kept it covered with one of their simulated sunbrello covers, things like that.

His days may be numbered for putting such a post on the forum, the forum is only for friendly talk and cooking picks.
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:34 am    

Those cracks don't look like the normal "line cracks" you see in grout lines.. These are through the tiles themselves, indicating that the wall of the Krapado is cracked quite seriously.

I have a song in my head about Bix's enthusiasm.. It's by Queen: "Another One Bites The Dust".
curly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:44 am    

Chirogyro wrote:
Those cracks don't look like the normal "line cracks" you see in grout lines.. These are through the tiles themselves, indicating that the wall of the Krapado is cracked quite seriously...

There is no job to big for the majic goo. Wonder if he could beg some of that out of RJ? That stuff's as rare as diamond and twice as expensive...he may as well buy a new kooker Crying or Very sad
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:22 am    

You mean "buy a new cooker... from Dennis." As we all know, there ARE no new cookers from Dick.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:19 am    

Buy a new cooker from ANYONE but Dicky boy.
curly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:47 am    

Chirogyro wrote:
You mean "buy a new cooker... from Dennis." As we all know, there ARE no new cookers from Dick.

Well, he at least could send them some money so he can get in that coveted queue Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:18 pm    

RJ just posted that he sent a private message to Bix about his problem. Why can't RJ come up with the balls to post his solutions in public? No other manufacturer would hide manufacturing defects like this.
curly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:31 pm    

fishtail-99 wrote:
RJ just posted that he sent a private message to Bix about his problem. Why can't RJ come up with the balls to post his solutions in public? No other manufacturer would hide manufacturing defects like this.

He's just being nice. He probably gave Bix a sharp reprimand and didn't want the others to have to witness it. Bix had it coming Embarassed
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:54 pm    

"Biz"

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2520
Posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 1:09 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Sure Biz, I have sent you a private message.

Richardj
Post Number: 2519
Posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 1:05 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I would suggest using M63D and not Rutland's or Hercules.
So Rutland's junk now? Does the use of anything other than his "M" product void the warranty now? Rolling Eyes
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:01 pm    

RJ doesn't pretend to sell Rutland, unlike M63F or Q or whatever, which he does pretend to sell....
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm    

Rutland was okay a few years ago.

fishtail-99 wrote:
RJ doesn't pretend to sell Rutland, unlike M63F or Q or whatever, which he does pretend to sell....
I would recommend Rutland because it's actually available. Rj's a Snakeoil salesman.

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 1457
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 10:53 am:

U2pit, I am sure your Kamado will. My dear friend, Earl Waggoner (retired Captain, TWA, sorry about TWA) still has his 40 plus year old Kamado I made along with many others. Not without a little maintenance, however.

Today, we make Kamados MUCH stronger with much better material. We make them so they do NOT "shatter" or crack in 100's of pieces on impact or other careless event. I have developed, along with others....Rutland...for example, modern refractory formulas that can attach, fill or patch ceramic to ceramic or ceramic to metal. All are serviceable in high temperature kiln and other vessels. Hope you picked the right color on your Kamado, because this color will be looking at you for a long time. Even if you have to replace replace a few tile someday.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:21 pm    

Here he recommends Rutland.......

Quote:
Cooker body and damper door repair
Richardj
Post Number: 2358
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:12 pm:

Welcome to the forum.

Rutland Furnace cement works fine to reset the draft door “frame” (the thing with the tubes). We have M62 or M63 that works fine as well but since Home Depot, Ace Hardware and many other stores carry Rutland Furnace Cement, we suggest a local purchase.
Why was Rutland acceptable last year? I think the original name for the formula was HTC-01. I wonder who really makes it? That is if it's even being made, we already know rj isn't. Who is he stealing this product from before he slaps his label on it and takes credit?
Nerka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:04 pm    

Poor Bix all that high temp kooking for his pizza has cracked his K. I was wondering how long it would be before his K cracked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: