Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Thanks for the Warning!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:12 pm    

Thanks for the Warning!

After further research I found this site. OMG what a ridiculous company. How are these people not in jail for across state line mail fraud?

So it's either a BGE or Grill Dome. Which one is holds up better. Grill Dome paint sounds scary.

Thanks again,

Victor
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:51 pm    

Re: Thanks for the Warning!

sailor wrote:
After further research I found this site. OMG what a ridiculous company. How are these people not in jail for across state line mail fraud?

So it's either a BGE or Grill Dome. Which one is holds up better. Grill Dome paint sounds scary.

Thanks again,

Victor
Welcome aboard Sailor! Yeah, they should be locked up somewhere. The BGE has a great reputation and so does the Komodo Kamado. What's wrong with the GrillDome paint? Smile
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:29 pm    

I've heard dome GD's have had paint problems. Bubbling or something.
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:55 pm    

Don't forget komodokamado ... COMPLETELY different story/company than Dick's scam...
duk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:41 pm    

Chirogyro wrote:
Don't forget komodokamado ... COMPLETELY different story/company than Dick's scam...

Absolutely---I 2nd that
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:09 am    

Maybe my favorite picture of all time. Tricky Dicks creation on the right a Komodo Kamado on the left, I report, you decide.

curly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:28 am    

Wow, that one on the right looks so weird. Is it a hybrid or something, a few tiles here, a few there. But mostly looks like a rough coated something or other Embarassed
sailor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:01 pm    

Purchased BGE Today

My son and I went to a local retailer and purchased a BGE today. They had a large on sale for $899 for with a nest, charcoal and cover. They had none for sale but kindly sold us one they had already assembled for delivery on the 9th (they are replacing it with another later this week). We also purchased the new composite wings (very nice, easy clean up, no rot) and a Plate Setter. Total price assembled with tax $1135.

I just could not bring myself to purchase a painted ceramic Grill Dome (that would be the equivalent of buying a painted dinner plate). The stainless is nice but not worth having a less durable finish on the ceramic.

I did look at the DragonFire in person. Not bad All 304 stainless fittings. Problem is they have no company to back their product, just a shell marketing group (Warren group) who do not answer their phones. No thanks.

My son and I cooked Sam’s Club Angus burgers marinated in with beer and Chef Paul’s blacken magic for 9 kids and me. We followed the direction in the manual and destroyed a few burgers. Then I just winged it and 600 deg and turned out perfection burgers. The kids said they were the best burgers they've ever had! Finally the texture was not rubbery and the flavor was OUTSTANDING. The Webbers are really a joke compared to these machines. The heat just kept on going. With the Webber we would usually throw nearly an entire bag of charcoal in the machine and pray that we could make it thru the party.

Thanks again for the warning.

FYI: After I read this Forum I called Kamado back (Tony) and grilled them (pun) about this forum. He said that it was just a bunch of trash talking competitors. I told him that I doubt that was the case and ask if he actually had units in stock ready to ship. He said no that it would be 6 to 12 weeks. I told him that was ridiculous and said that I would not be buying from them and politely hung up.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:43 am    

Re: Purchased BGE Today

sailor wrote:

FYI: After I read this Forum I called Kamado back (Tony) and grilled them (pun) about this forum. He said that it was just a bunch of trash talking competitors. I told him that I doubt that was the case and ask if he actually had units in stock ready to ship. He said no that it would be 6 to 12 weeks. I told him that was ridiculous and said that I would not be buying from them and politely hung up.
Good work Sailor! 6-12 weeks, 6-12 years would be more like it. Congratulations on the BGE purchase. Very Happy
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:03 am    

Quote:
FYI: After I read this Forum I called Kamado back (Tony) and grilled them (pun) about this forum. He said that it was just a bunch of trash talking competitors.

Ahhh.... so they're lying to Tony as well. Or is he a willing participant in their lies?

Note to Tony: Defrauded consumers are not the same as "trash talking competitors". Just FYI.
sailor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:45 am    

So far no approval to post on their site

So far no approval to post on their site.

What a bizarre group of people!

Called BGE today to let them know that their Large cover does not work with their new composite shelves. They were upset that the dealer did not know about the problem and were apologizing all over and promised to fix the problem for NC and no shipping charge ASAP.

Then they made a point of inviting us to the eegtoberfest next week.
curly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am    

Re: So far no approval to post on their site

sailor wrote:
Then they made a point of inviting us to the eegtoberfest next week.

Yes, you definately need to attend an eggfest. Wink
probe1957

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:03 pm    

A little late to the party, as usual, but congratulations on your BGE purchase. You will enjoy it far longer than you will remember what you paid for it.
sailor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:14 am    

New BGE Gasket

After poduction pizza cooking I managed to burn the OEM gasket. I called BGE today and they said that they would send out a new Nomex version free ASAP.

Should have bought a Commodo!
probe1957

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:52 am    

My gasket has been fried for a couple of years. I never bothered replacing it. The BGE will still hold a temperature of 215 degrees or so so I just never went thru the trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: