Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

So, Richard Johnson wants to talk about warrantees!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:42 pm    

So, Richard Johnson wants to talk about warrantees!

Quote:
Daisy
Associate Member
Post Number: 13

Posted on Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 11:31 am:
Is it possible to purchase an extended warranty with a new Kamado? If not, how about it? It might help me get my husband off the fence!

Richardj
Post Number: 2528

Posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 2:36 pm:
Hello Daisy, at this time we do not have an extended warranty. As you might be suggesting...."how about it?" We definitely need an extended warranty and actually working on one at this time. In fact our present warranty needs to updated to reflect clearly what a customer can reasonably expect and what we, as manufacturers, selling direct and often at very low margins, can reasonably afford to fulfill.

When I designed the "new" Kamados, now almost 15 years ago, I optimistically thought I can design and make a "bullet proof" Kamado where there was NO need for warranties. Today we are close and are still optimistic but I have learned that there are some crazy unforeseen things that have happened in customers homes and the way to their home. I would include in this, all of our desires never to want to do maintainable including minor maintenance. With over 15,000 newer Kamados and over 100,000 of the older ones I made in Japan I hope to set forth clearly the few things that should be maintained and what is covered by our warranty or extended warranty.

I would appreciate it very much if you could ask your husband what he would consider being included in an extended warranty or in our manufacturers warranty. Possibly some times periods.

There might be some customers who might wish to help with this warranty topic. If so, will you also please email me personally at richardj@kamado.com.

Daisy, why do you need an extended warrantee? Kamado's come with a LIFETIME WARRANTEE!! It says so right on the Kamado website. This is too choice. RJ now wants to negotiate terms of a new warrantee and a new extended warrantee with his customers. Shoot, RJ! You never honor your current warrantee, why worry about getting a new one that you'll just ignore? Sometimes you just wanna puke.....
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:48 pm    

Hogwash!

richard wrote:
Quote:
Today we are close and are still optimistic but I have learned that there are some crazy unforeseen things that have happened in customers homes and the way to their home.
There he goes blaming the kustomer again. Daisy should just buy another brand. Rolling Eyes
Here's some more BS from rj in case you didn't hear enough.
Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2527
Posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 1:32 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Nanzi, thanks a lot for your offer to show your Kamado. It is hard to explain the benefits of the Kamado's thick walls and the importance in thermal mass ceramic cooking when coming from the manufacturer. Especially with all the misinformation on the internet these days. Richard
Ceramic? Misinformation? Oh brother. Rolling Eyes
DavidS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:25 pm    

If rj has a customer around Newton, KS they could see my old POS7 at the Newton landfill in all is MANY piece glory. The landfill makes you dump cement in the construction site at the dump. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:46 am    

Richard Johnson has only himself to blame for any information on the internet that he thinks is wrong. A) He won't allow discussion of his cookers on his own forum unless it simply glowing praise. B) He won't tell the truth in response to questions about his cookers. C) He bans anyone from his forum who asks any questions about what they have heard on the internet, or about problems they have with their cookers.

RJ, you are a real work of art. Frankly, most of the misinformation on the internet comes from your own forum out of your lips. Pathetic....
Capt. Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 pm    

Minor Maintenance

You know the minor stuff like:
-remove tiles to expose big cracks.
-patch cracks with some sort of cement
-repair pieces of fire ring with cement
-weld new rods into firebox so that it continues to hold klump
-strip old grout off of 100's of tiles with wire wheel brush
-set tiles in new cement and have it look half way decent
-re-grout entire K since all of the old grout has washed out
-seal new grout (after purchasing grout, sealer, and cement yourself)

You know, the minor maintenance you would expect to maintain a lifetime warranty. D'oh![/list]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: