Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Kamado's are made from cement.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 am    

Kamado's are made from cement.......

Quote:
Daisy
Associate Member
Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 8:07 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
"I would mention that M63D would be preferable over Rutlands Furnace Cement to fill cracks"

How much would a Kamado made from M63 cost? Is that even feasible? If so, that might be a good option and one that would be worthy of a lifetime warranty.

Bobrogers
Associate Member
Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 6:27 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Daisy, I would guess that M63x would not have the structural strength to form a cooker shell by itself. You would need to use a stronger material like cement and then coat it with the M63x. The cement can't take the heat, but the M63x protects it. The M63x can't provide the strength, but that is provided by the cement. They both complement each other in this way. I think Richard has said that a #7 can be protected for about $100 worth of M63x material, so maybe it could be included in the extended/expanded warrantee coverage.

Regards,
Bob
I can't wait to see the first kamado with cracks after the m63 has been applied and then hear the complaints. Then Johnson can tell them that they applied it wrong by adding too much water or that it was applied at the wrong temperature, they didn't use enough etc. Rolling Eyes
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:12 pm    

More cement lies........

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2531
Posted on Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 11:35 am:

Daisy, M63D gives excellent protection from high heat, thermal shock, thermal expansion and is considered "Fine Ceramics", however this is only part of the formula we must have. We need "ceramic mass" since we are in effect cooking with the retained heat in the thick ceramic walls. M63 does not have the characteristic of retained heat and distribution for our Kooking. All new Kamados have M63 for this high heat protection. As I suggested that all older Kamados and other ceramic cookers apply our specially made M63D.

Bobrogers, I agree that the the heavy/thick ceramic walls give the strength and ceramic mass we need for our ceramic cooking. The key is the binder or "cement" that is used. A "hydraulic" cement, such as "Portland" cement should not be used (as we are falsely accused of using) but rather the cement we now use gives us a "ceramic bond". There is a world of refractory difference. We do use Portland cement for our carts as there is no heat in this area that deteriorates the hydraulic bond.
If anyone would like to email me (richardj@kamado.com) to discuss this technical and boring to 99 and 9/10% of the normal people, I would be happy to go into this subject. Richard
Now why would they use Portland for the cart and nothing else. This isn't a "boring" subject if you are looking to spend a large sum of money on a cooker. Who wants to cook on cement rather than ceramic anyway? At least he admits the use of Portland. Then he tries to downplay the fact that anyone should care what a kamado is made from. I guess wer'e just not "normal" people all 200 members and almost 7000 articles related to johnson. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm    

Re: More cement lies........

Quote:
Richardj
Posted on Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 11:35 am:

A "hydraulic" cement, such as "Portland" cement should not be used (as we are falsely accused of using) but rather the cement we now use gives us a "ceramic bond". There is a world of refractory difference.

This lie was already debunked in this thread long ago: MILBRO Email Exchange Wherein Richard and a MILBRO representative discuss the kamado formula: Portland cement and crushed red lava rock (cinder), 8:1 ratio.

Though you can see RJ slip up when he says "but rather the cement we now use..." as opposed to the portland cement you previously used, eh, RJ?

Who knows if they're using anything anymore. Reports are that Indonesia is shut down. Are they even making anything anymore? Did Snakeriveridaho get his kamado? Methinks not.

Confused
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:48 pm    

Well at least now we know that some prefer "K"rap.

Quote:
Billinfla
Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 5:18 pm:

"...A "hydraulic" cement, such as "Portland" cement should not be used (as we are falsely accused of using)..."

Richard, I'm so glad you finally chose to address this allegation.

Frankly, I wouldn't care if you made my Kamado with cow patties, as long as it performed and lasted for generations.

BTW, if you ever do use cow patties, you better disclose it immediately before some website and/or competitor accuses you of using Portland Poop or some such.
Johnson should change the name to "Kommode" since they would work better as one. Laughing
DavidS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 pm    

I would be very glad to call rj a pos liar. The replacement I received from him was about 350 pounds heavier than the #7 it replaced and smelled just like the portland cement that I have used for years. It also started showing cracks during the break in cook. I sent rj pictures of the cracks. He said I didn't do the break in correctly. I told him that I used the Guru set at 225 for about 24 hrs. Sold the POS telling the buyer my story, he still took it.
Went to KK and been a happy camper. Idea Twisted Evil Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: