Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Looking for "Lower Crossbar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hot Rod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:32 am    

Looking for "Lower Crossbar"

I thought I might give this a try again. I found a Kamado on craigslist some time ago that is missing the lower crossbar for indirect cooking. Anybody out there that has a "Krumbling K" and doesn't need thiers anymore please let me know. Any suggestions on a work around would be appreciated also.

Happy New Year to All

Thanks
Hot Rod[/b]
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:20 am    

Hot Rod, what size kamado was that again? I made one for an old kamado that I rebuilt about ten years ago. I used some flat bar from Home Depot and just bent it to fit with a vice and hammer. You can criss cross it or just set the two in paralell next to each other with the bends grabbing the lip. You may need to make a couple cuts with a cut off tool or hack saw. I don't have any pictures of the one I made, but I know this will work. Smile Happy New Year!
Hot Rod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:11 am    

I guess I should have indicated the cross bar I'm looking for is for a number 7 size. Also I want to keep in mind any "metal expansion" issues that could cause cracking like some of the photos I have seen on this forum.

Hot Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: