Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

UL Label

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:40 pm    

UL Label

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2561

Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 12:59 pm:
I promised myself that I would not make anymore accessories for our charcoal Kamados, but I lied to myself. This is just too good. Our heavy specially designed 120 Volt electric element (UL labeled) we are using in our Electric Kamados is uniquely and easily installed in our charcoal Kamados and works perfectly as:
1. Electric cooking only.
2. Charcoal starter that remains in the Kamado.
3. Charcoal only (after ignited by the electric element)
4. Combination electric and charcoal.

We have personally used our own Kamado almost nightly for months and found that we like using the electric to ignite the charcoal and heat the walls and after about 10 to 15 minutes turning the electric element off and cooking normally with charcoal. The element remains IN the Kamado. We feel the electric is superior and much simpler to use than the gas accessory. We never like to cook with gas only but often do cook with just the electric with a little charcoal for flavoring.

The installation takes about 5 minutes and a small masonry drill bit. The electric element rests just above the firebox. The price is $99.95 plus shipping.

The key, as we all know, is the heavy thick ceramic walls that keep the heat in and radiate the heat evenly.

The first picture is charcoal remaining after a Kook.

I am wondering if you can contact UL and verify that this device really does have UL certification or whatever.
Nerka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:08 pm    

You think a person who has just admitted that he lies wouldn't be telling the truth about this? You might be on to something there. Wink
primeats

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:47 am    

UL has never, and this is coming from a friend who is an engineer there,never certified a charcoal cooking device and never will.They may have certified the element, but I would bet they would not have done so for the purpose stated. You really think this guy would have paid UL to certify his stuff?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: