Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Just curious, am I the only one that ever got an RJ refund?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerard

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:24 am    

Just curious, am I the only one that ever got an RJ refund?

Of course, I could never ask this on the K forum.

About 4 years ago, I got a full refund for tile loss.... about 350 tiles and hundreds more dangling at the time. Had to agree to smash my K upon receipt, which I did and sent photos documenting the K's destruction. Early in the process I would have been satisfied with a replacement but things got nasty and then only a refund would suffice. The whole thing took 4 months but he finally honored his warranty.

To this date, I've never heard anyone else get a refund and I've heard of very few replacement units. I count myself lucky. Anybody else?
DavidS

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:34 am    

No refund. But did not ask nor was it offered.

I did not get a refund. I received replacement top and bottom. Took 8 months from start to finish. Had to use all the hardware from The 5 year old cracked unit. I plan on selling the replacement. I have ordered a KK. It has been very nice dealing with a company that answers question and replies quickly, thanks Dennis.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:45 am    

DavidS-

how amazingly pin-headed is that? since you were getting a refund as promised, you couldn't possibly be allowed to continue to own the damaged item and had to destroy it???

what good did it do richard personally to insist you destroy the cooker? that's just his anger over the fact that you managed to FORCE him to keep his word.

that's how (bad) reputations are made!
Songdog

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:10 pm    

I do know of one other person who resided in San Jose at the time who got a refund after his cracked before the first week of ownership was complete. I was also able to get a refund on my original unit, but had to do some rather unique things to get the attention of a certain morally bankrupt individual. That company had agreed to replace my defective K with a nice custom one, but like many things that were promised to people it never materialized. Let's just say that once I got his attention, and he found out that threats of lawsuits didn't rattle me very much we were able to come to a mutual agreement in which he sent someone out to pick up the defective unit with a refund check and once the refund check cleared the bank I sold him a domain name that he desperately wanted to get out of my hands.

--Songdog
moosbrth

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:59 pm    

[quote="Songdog"]I sold him a domain name that he desperately wanted to get out of my hands.--Songdog[/quote]

Would you mind sharing that domains name?

Thanks,

John
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:03 am    

[quote="Porkchop"]how amazingly pin-headed is that? since you were getting a refund as promised, you couldn't possibly be allowed to continue to own the damaged item and had to destroy it???[/quote]

Actually it was with mixed feelings that I smashed it. I loved it but after 4 mos of fuming, just looking at it made me a little crazy, so it was kinda cathartic. Besides I was still floating on air that I actually got a refund and I had promised.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:17 am    

what are you cooking on now gerard??
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:24 am    

Two Primo Kamados. They're okay but I still want something with some height and some big time capacity.
HappyOwner

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:30 pm    

No refund

After about 5 months of wrangling, I finally got offered a partial replacement. I had to use existing hardware, do the work, pay for shipping, pay to have the old portland cement hauled away. Mine had crumbled and was not useable so hard for them to argue, but yet they did (at least when they responded). Decided better to replace with a different brand with customer service rather than waste any more time/money with them.

Kevin
missing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:47 am    

Questions about refund

Songdog wrote:
I do know of one other person who resided in San Jose at the time who got a refund after his cracked before the first week of ownership was complete. I was also able to get a refund on my original unit, but had to do some rather unique things to get the attention of a certain morally bankrupt individual. That company had agreed to replace my defective K with a nice custom one, but like many things that were promised to people it never materialized. Let's just say that once I got his attention, and he found out that threats of lawsuits didn't rattle me very much we were able to come to a mutual agreement in which he sent someone out to pick up the defective unit with a refund check and once the refund check cleared the bank I sold him a domain name that he desperately wanted to get out of my hands.

--Songdog

Nice to hear that you got a refund.

i would like one as well. i have questions about this refund. barring that you did not sign a non-disclosure agreement. would you mind disclosing your methodology.

thank you
michael
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:35 pm    

I think posting this might of had a lot to do with it!

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/photofun/tileman.htm
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:37 pm    

SongDog hasn't been back in months so I'll answer as best I can for him. He created a website, which I believe was <www>. (Charlie Brown probably knows this story better than I) It was dedicated to "truth in ceramic cooking" or something like that. It quickly became a very popular site and of course, was rather high in a Google Search on the term: kamado. This was in the middle of a very nasty flame war with the BigGreenEgg forum. Though there were plenty of folks there without an agenda, some pissed off Eggheads and one very dissatisfied K owner took up residence there. So K bashing was a common pastime. Potential K customers got an eyeful there. SongDog only agreed to sell the domain name to RJ after getting a complete refund for his cooker. The forum then became the CyberQue forum and prospered for another year or so before fading away.

I, on the other hand, got my refund by posting this: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/photofun/tileman.htm on the K forum website. It was deleted within an hour but TheNakedWhiz managed to archive it before its deletion. I was prepared to post it many other places where it would not be deleted. At the time, massive tile loss was unknown to the masses and the Kompany was willing to do whatever to keep it from being publicized.

It takes some ingenuity. They don't give refunds or replacements for mere product failure.

Or, you could buy some Kamado Company stock. Stockholders seem to get pretty good service and support.
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:05 pm    

Opps, I thought he was asking about you, Gerard.
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:21 pm    

Oops, you posted that while I was typing out that long treatise.

And I obviously messed up the address of SongDog's website... it was www.kamado.net or www.kamadoforum.net or something like that.
JasmineFilter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:54 pm    

www.kamado.biz is still available Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: