Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Class Action?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMetz

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:43 am    

Class Action?

Please see my next post which describes my problem, and what I need folks to do.

I ordered a #9 in July 2009 - I still don't have it. They shipped one in December after I hounded them mercilessly, but it broke in the warehouse before it even got to me, so I sent it back. Five months later, no resolution. As you are all aware, it is impossible to get hold of anyone or to get email responses. I filed a BBB complaint in San Diego - no response. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office in California. Just got a response from them that they will be sending a letter (April 30th, 2010). My issue is that I am not in the area to actually take them to court, so I feel I have no recourse. I have kept ALL records of correspondence (emails, phone calls, etc.). What we need is the lawyer on this forum to start a class action lawsuit. Has anyone filed internet fraud? That will be my next step - any details you can provide about misrepresentation on the internet would be helpful (like the constant 'sale'). I actually called a detective in the San Diego area to see if they could do anything. What he said was that unless there are numerous complaints, because of the state's economic situation, they won't follow up. SO, if I can get everyone to file a complaint with the San Diego BBB, and the CA Attorney General's Office (Edmund J Brown), I suspect, there may be some action. This is the San Diego Kamado info I have:

Company Name: Kamado, Inc.
Company Address Line: 2375 Paseo De Las Americas
Company Address Line 2: Suite 3310
Company City: San Diego
Company State: CA
Company Zip: 21783
Company Zip4:
Company Area Code: 877
Company Phone Number: 2576871

Maybe I should file these in Nevada too? Does anyone have Nevada address details? The main thing is to get MANY people to file to get action. PLEASE take a few minutes and file with those 2 sites above, using the same address. Any other help you guys can give me would be great. It was supposed to be my husband's Christmas gift - I paid on it for 4 months. Crying or Very sad
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:43 pm    

I think most of us here have already done so, should be many complaints in there.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:30 am    

Also note that they are in Vegas now. I'm not even sure that San Diego warehouse is in use anymore. I know current addresses are around here somewhere....
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:40 am    

Here are the most recent addresses we have for them:

Quote:
Kamado Distribution Company
6440 Sky Pointe Drive
Suite 140-401
Las Vegas, NV 89131

Laura Johnson
Specialty Stone Imports LLC
6125 S Valley View Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118

Deborah Johnson, age 56
Richelle Johnson, age 25
7095 Wolf Rivers Las Vegas, NV 89131
(702) 646-0022

Laura's Old Cell:915-752-7730

As far as I know they were ALL living at the Wolf Rivers address, but may have moved in the last few months. Not sure if the home # is current or not.
GMetz

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:15 pm    

I received a damaged kamado in Dec 2009 that I sent back that came from the San Diego warehouse - that was confirmed by Conway Freight (I actually called Conway to verify that they picked up from there - which they did) because I was concerned that the bill of lading might be fraudulent.

Interestingly, I hadn't heard from them in over a month, despite numerous attempts to contact them. However, I sent a formal request to NV Secretary of State last night, requesting they suspend the business license for the new Specialty Stone Imports until they investigate and resolve the problems with the owners' prior businesses, stating that I am sure Nevada would not wish to support businesses known to harm customers. I also copied all the Kamado folks.

I received an email back from Richard in less than 2 hours, explaining the issues, offering to send me a BBQ, or a refund. I requested the refund, of course. I am not one that gives up easily - I will pursue relentlessly until the situation is righted. I have previously shut a business down due to misrepresentation, and will not hesitate to do it again. We'll see what happens...
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:46 pm    

Would the refund mean you are done? Or will you continue to persue RJ. You see, this is why he's not in jail and still allowed to do business anywhere. When his back is against the wall he gives a refund and then it's over. We had a lawer named Austin here a while back who demanded a refund, got it then disapeared. As long as it's about the money he will continue to slip away. RJ belongs with OJ! Interesting how they were both drawn to Vegas.
GMetz

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:04 am    

Once you push a boulder down the hill, sometimes it hard to stop it Twisted Evil but for the moment, I would simply like to get my money back (which still remains to be seen).
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:59 am    

Unbelievable wrote:
Would the refund mean you are done? Or will you continue to persue RJ. You see, this is why he's not in jail....

I'm not a lawyer, but I presume that if GMetz does get his refund, that there isn't anything else to pursue. At least not through legal channels.

So, Unbelievable, what exactly are you suggesting GMetz do if he gets a refund? I'm curious, because other than helping to publicize the Kompany's business practices, I've considered myself powerless ever since I got my money back.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:58 am    

I just wouldn't retract my reports, or publicize my refund. That might keep the ball rolling. Like I said, they only give refunds when they have their back against the wall. However, they still bank on people that give up. The state may then give him a hearing, investigate his business license, and maybe even choose to revoke it if enough people make reports. Otherwise if a refund has been given to the person that made the report it more than likely will be thrown out.

In either case Gmetz I hope your are able to get your money back, and I am glad you were able to get yours Gerard.

As a side note, It's interesting how many people have surfaced in the last few weeks after being silent for so long.
GMetz

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:18 pm    

Incidentally, GMetz is a she Very Happy
GMetz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:47 pm    

How?

Gerard, how did you manage to get your money back, and how long did it take? They have not sent me my money, but I am not going to stop reporting them - I'll do it every week if I have to.
Gerard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:53 pm    

Re: How?

GMetz wrote:
Gerard, how did you manage to get your money back, and how long did it take?

I was fortunate enough to get ripped off almost a decade ago when he still cared about his image. A series of posts on his forum made him see the light.

Even then, it wasn't easy. I was almost disappointed when I did get the refund. I had a whole can of whup ass I was saving up.
wishihadmysmoker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:27 am    

HOW?

GMETZ,

It's a bit eerie how your experience parallels my own. I ordered a grill Nov 2009 and it showed up damaged a few days before Christmas. Then began my ordeal which I will document under another thread. I also want my money back but I don't trust I will see it unless someone forces them so I have started legal action through Nevada small claims court.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 am    

A few years ago, if someone posted a problem like this on the Kamado forum, the fanboys would have all jumped up and chided the poster for his impatience. They would tell the poster that each Krapado kooker was a work of art, lovingly hand-built, one by one. And true art takes time. Shame on you.

It is refreshing now to see that the fanboys (most of them) have deserted the Krapado forum and the folks having problems are coming here to see that it really isn't an issue of hand-crafted works of art, but rather an issue of fraud. It also refreshing now to see some of the folks suffering at the hands of the Krapado company are now willing to take legal action. The Krapado ship of state is listing severely and in danger of capsizing. It is only going to take one or two successful legal actions to put them out of business, so I think everyone appreciates the efforts being made to make the Johnsons accountable for their behavior.
wishihadmysmoker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:16 am    

[quote]Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Fishtail wrote:
A few years ago, if someone posted a problem like this on the Kamado forum, the fanboys would have all jumped up and chided the poster for his impatience. They would tell the poster that each Krapado kooker was a work of art, lovingly hand-built, one by one. And true art takes time. Shame on you.

Handcrafted? These grills come out of a cast and are then tiled like my bathroom. Anyone can learn to do this - Richard has sent emails insisting that crumbling tiles can easilly be re-attached and re-grouted.

Only people who've experienced the shameful behaviour of Tony, Richelle and Richard understand the organized deception that is Kamado. Shame on you Richard for your callousness and shame on you for denying it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: