Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Update on Len has been screwed too

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:11 am    

Update on Len has been screwed too

Hi Folks, been a while since my last post but I haven`t been idle. After lots of testing I have finally found a substance that may offer a proper remedy for any K that hasn`t completely fallen apart.
Perhaps this is what RJ refers to as MD63 and whatever fancy names he uses for his `hotface protective layer' .
I have applied 12 kg of this stuff on the fire ring all the way up to the spider in the top. It becomes rockhard but also slighly elastic (even though it might not look/feel that way) up to 530C. So If your K is looking bad on the inside with cracks and things or the original pouderish layer on the inside is falling off, you could give this a go. The product is called Furnascote Nonvit, for a #7 you will need about 12kg for a 3mm layer. Let it dry for a week and then slowly raise the temp to about 400C leave it at that for 40 minutes, let cool down and start using it as before.
Hope this help3.
Alternatively get your sledgehammer out the garage, turn the K into a pile of rubble (shouldn't be too hard), and get yourself a PrimoGrill or similar.

Greetings,
Len
booker

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:15 pm    

hi len where did u purchase it? Do you have to purchase it online? Was it difficult to work with? How is it holding up?
thanks
booker
Len

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:18 am    

Bought it in UK from http://www.acronpaints.co.uk/cgi-bin/polybond/htmlsheets/furnascote/Te ch It is holding well not flaking or falling of. Easy to apply, just make a creamy mixture let stand for some hrs, mix again and use a brusgh to 'paint' it onto the inner surface.

Len
bdonson

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:21 pm    

found this on another website. Supposedly this is what is in Furnascote
Zirconium 62.97
Aluminium 1.63
Calcium 1.37
Magnesium 0.34
Silicon 32.06
Titanium 0.25
Boron 1.10
Fluorine 0.25 (as fluoride

My only comment is that it doesn't list bbq's as a possible list of uses for it. Without an msds I wonder if we should be heating this stuff up and cooking with it?
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:55 pm    

Aw c'mon we shouldn't even be kooking with a kamado anyway. What do you think is already in them? Razz
bdonson

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:44 pm    

Well you can bet RJ damn sure doesn't care as long as he gets his, everyone else be damned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: