Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

What does it take to get a response from Service?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 pm    

What does it take to get a response from Service?

Quote:
Jeff_k
Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 5:41 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I've sent several emails over the past few months regarding the fact that my Kamado, purchased in 2004 and broken in according to the directions, is now virtually unuseable because the entire top has lost most of its tiles and the body of the cooker beneath the tiles is severely cracked. So is my firebox. The emails have been very polite, included photos, and multiple ways to contact me. I know that it's bad protocol to post about service on these forums but have no other choice. Please - someone from Kamado help me!!
I love when the title can be reused because it's so good. I hope eventually Jeff will post pictures here. Wink
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 am    

Quote:

George
Post Number: 80

Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 10:09 am:

Jeff_k, there is no service.

The fact that these posts are allowed to remain for a lot longer than they used to tells me that RJ just doesn't give a rat's ass anymore. He isn't running any business. He isn't making #11s for fancy-ass hotels in Asia. He isn't making cookers for customers in the US. He isn't making charcoal. (Of course, he never did....) He just wants all to go away, unless of course, you are willing to send him a deposit.
curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 am    

I think if a bunch of people just get together and sent him enough money to get the company jump started again we could get back to the point where he at least pays enough attention to delete these negative posts.

Because these negative posts are starting to pile up and bum people out. And eventually if enough people get bummed out the business will stop (well that's already happened) and maybe even the forum. And if the forum suddenly shuts down I'm gonna lose the enjoyment I get out of seeing it die slowly Crying or Very sad Now I'm starting to tear up!!!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 pm    

This is classic!!!!!

Quote:
Jeff_k
Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 3:14 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Boy do I feel like an idiot. I wish I would have found kamadofraudforum.com before I posted this. I get it now. It's too bad though. I haven't been on these forums for a few years, but I notice that even the RJ disciples who would defend his every action are nowhere to be found. Guess the sledgehammer approach is not too far from happening. By the way, Richard - go ahead and ban me. I'll create accounts under different email addresses and keep this up. You'll spend more time deleting my posts than you will fucking over honest customers.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm    

I really do hope he joins us.

Cool
dwebb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:30 pm    

Caught the rest of the post before it may be deleted.

Quote:

Casey
Associate Member
Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 3:41 pm:

Sounds like sour grapes to me!

Quote:

Sooners
Associate Member
Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 5:48 pm:

Sour grapes - you’re kidding - right? Just look at Jeff K's first email. He was very polite in this email and has waited a few months just to get someone to acknowledge the multiple attempts for a response. He has given multiple contacts for someone at Kamado to reach. All you have to do is a simple search on this site regarding customer service and you will find pages and pages of complaints regarding the lack of customer service from Kamado. I think Jeff and others have legitimate arguments for looking to any way possible to get someone to help him. I have no stake in this issue but I could not just sit back someone while someone responds with "sounds like sour grapes to me" when all that has been asked is for help with his K. What type of business would ever treat a customer like this? Now if you know more of the back story than me - I would be happy to retract my comments or provide an updated response.

In fact - it would even be better to have someone from Kamado establish what customers can expect in terms of service after the sale so that there are no false expectations. If Richard is overwhelmed with the number of customer issues for whatever reason - establish a reasonable time period for when someone will get back to them. Richard has created this problem by telling people to send him a private message email if they are not getting a response by phone or the email provided on this site and he will respond quickly then he does not nor does anyone else. This creates this feeling of distrust and negative sentiment.

Whatever is decided - people should do their homework and decide for themselves if they are ok with making a large financial commitment only to find out that if the moons and the stars are aligned just right and it happens to be a leap year - you may be one of the fortunate ones to be blessed with a reply. If you are even more lucky - you will actually get what you will be promised. If you happen to be this lucky - I would suggest a trip to Vegas.

Excuses are no way to run a business. If there are legitimate reasons why there are delays in getting back with people - let everyone know your plan to deal with it and most importantly - stick to it.

Quote:

Casey
Associate Member
Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 6:19 pm:

Sooners, please accept my apologies for throwing you under the bus a while back. It just seems when people like you and Jeff spew poison it creates an unhappy environment that may make them not want to respond and they probably have more important issues to deal with anyway. They may even be out of town who knows? How about encouraging Richard and the others to respond. They do have a great product, and I think there are many satisfied customers who have never had any problems. How many do you think they have sold since the 60's? Further more, I don't think some of the regulars are posting because of the negativity. Why lock horns with you guys? I would just go and use my Kamado rather than bicker. I was very glad to hear Richard was in good health and I think Bob Rogers was too. I am quite sure he will make several more buyers happy in the next couple years. Maybe some satisfied customers need to step up and post some encouraging messages about how much they love their Kamado's and how helpful the Johnson family has been. Cheers Richard and a happy 4th of July to you and yours.

Your friend, Case

(Message edited by casey on July 01, 2010)
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm    

Casey doesn't even own a kamado! I hope he sends a down payment and get's what he has coming to him........nothing! Then we can hear him whine!

What a loser! Rolling Eyes
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:23 am    

Quote:
Sooners
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 7:50 am:

I appreciate your response and accept your apology for throwing me under the bus. As you have noticed that post no longer exists on this forum. I know this forum is not the place to spew poison which is why I have not posted anything on this site that directly makes false claims about the product or the company. In my last message I have encourage Richard to respond and establish customer service expectations so that there are not unreasonable expectations from customers. I have questioned service related follow-up based on my own personal experience and have provided information so that people can do their homework and make their own decisions. You seem to have taking liberties on explaining why no one is responding - "They have more important issues to deal with". More important than responding to someone’s cry for replacement parts? Yes - the company has been in business since the 60's but that does not give anyone a pass for what they are doing today. You have got to wonder why the Las Vegas Better Business Bureau has 21 complaints in the past 36 months of which 15 have had no response or company failed to resolve. The Bureau has been UNABLE to confirm this company has a valid local business license for the locale in which they operate. The Bureau gives them an F. The San Diego BBB has 13 complaints in last 36 months with none of them resolved. The LVBB gives them an F. These are real stories of real people that put their trust in Kamado only to have not even been given the courtesy of a response. I do not see this type of rap sheet for other ceramic type products on the market today. I understand that in business you cannot make everyone happy and there will be a few people that cannot be satisfied but you have to pause a moment and think about this information before you make this type of financial investment. The BBB is just the tip of the iceberg with respect to complaints with many more websites of horror stories but I will not provide that list here. My only intent has been to give people information so they can make their own decision. If someone wants to continue with doing business - I have no problem with this. I know that I would personally welcome anyone that gave me more information about a business before I do business with them. I agree with you that others on this forum should step up and provide the other side of the story.

Case - I am curious as to what your experience has been with Kamado? From what it sounds like - you have done your research but have not had personal experience with the use of the product or service after the sale. How is it that you are in a position to speak having not owned the product? I mean no disrespect by my question but I would not feel comfortable recommending a product that I did not own or have personal experience.

Good luck with your decision and I do hope that you get what you want. Happy 4th.

Casey called out. I think it's evident that "Casey" is either one of the Johnsons or a family friend posing on the forum.

On another note, lest we forget, Kamado has NOT NOT NOT been in business since the 60's. Richard Johnson has gone out of business multiple times. He did NOT invent the kamado, he merely imported them. This latest business front-fiasco began in the mid-late 1990's, with the sole goal being to make enough money to raise the stolen boat he sank in the Sacramento river and (not that he ever publicly acknowledged this) to pay off the $100k in fines he received for crashing that boat into a utility line.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:33 am    

I'd be surprised if Jeff_K can get a new account. If no one is deleting these "outrageous" posts, no one is watching the in box and approving new accounts.
dwebb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:44 am    

Saving for posterity reasons...

Quote:

Sooners
Associate Member
Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 10:11 am:

Casey,
Correction - I do not believe Richard/Kamado has been in business since the 60's. From the research I have been doing - it appears this company may have started in the mid to late 90's. During this time - the warranty for the Kamado (1999) was 10 years including warranty against tiles falling off. This of course has now changed. There seem to be references to going out of business multiple times under different business names. The most recent business added this year is SPECIALTY STONE IMPORTS, LLC. Additionally - Richard started by importing the Kamado and is not the inventor of the Kamado as claimed. Farhad Sazegar is the original design patent holder - Design Patent is D201,416 Dated June 15, 1965 - which is 2 months before Richard's design patent which is, D201,937 dated August 10, 1965. Additional - neither own a utility patent on the product. This means that a design patent solely covers the visual, external appearance (ornamentation or shape) of the article. On the other hand, a utility patent covers the way the article functions (is made and used). You can learn more here - http://www.nakedwhiz.com/kamadotheword/kamadotheword.htm

I would appreciate additional information concerning your claim that Kamado has been in business since the 1960's.

Bobrogers
Associate Member
Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 10:26 am:

Sooners,

I think you will find that Farhad Sazegar did actually obtain a utility patent on the kamado cooker. It is number 3,276,440. However, I think it has little to do with all this complaining about service.

Regards,
Bob Rogers

Sooners
Associate Member
Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 10:34 am:

Hope this not get me banned but Casey opened up the topic regarding K business so here you go. Casey - to some extent you were correct - the first business was established in 1964 - C0476759 8/26/1964 suspended AMERICAN KAMADO CORPORATION. This was the beginning of the shell business.

The Kamado folks have shifted gears and moved from Sacramento to Indonesia to Sacramento, to Mexico and then back to Indonesia and Las Vegas.

POST OFFICE DROP BOX FOR KAMADO :

Postal Pros
9711 South Eastern Avenue, Las Vegas, NV
(702) 438-7767 - 3 reviews - 0.1 mi SW
Category: Shipping & Packaging Services

LAURA JOHNSON'S KAMADO COMPANY INFORMATION

J5 DESIGN, INC.

Business Entity Information

Status: Active on 5/3/2007 File Date: 10/30/2006 8:00:38 AM
Type: Domestic Corporation Corp Number: E0793382006-2
Qualifying State: NV List of Officers Due: 10/31/2007
Managed By: Expiration Date:

Resident Agent Information

Name: EASTBIZ.COM INC Address 1: 5348 VEGAS DR
Address 2: City: LAS VEGAS
State: NV Zip Code: 89108
Phone: Fax:
Email: Mailing Address 1:
Mailing Address 2: Mailing City:
Mailing State: Mailing Zip Code:

View all business entities under this resident agent

Financial Information

No Par Share Count: 0 Capital Amount: $ 75,000.00
Par Share Count: 75,000.00 Par Share Value: $ 1.00

Officers Include Inactive Officers

President - LAURA L JOHNSON
Address 1: 2475 PASEO DE LAS AMERICAS Address 2: SUITE 3310
City: SAN DIEGO State: CA
Zip Code: 92154 Country: USA

Treasurer - LAURA L JOHNSON

Director - LAURA L JOHNSON

Secretary - RICHELLE A JOHNSON

The clearing house that they are using as a registered agent has 6860 business entities associated with it. That should give any prospective customer a warm and fuzzy feeling. None the less, you could serve the resident agent

CALIFORNIA CORPORATION NAME KAMADO COMPANY

List of Kamado Corporation in California

Corp Number Date Filed Status Corporation Name Agent for Service of Process
C0476759 8/26/1964 suspended AMERICAN KAMADO CORPORATION
C2566262 11/4/2003 active KAMADO CHARCOAL, INC. RICHELLE ANNE JOHNSON
C0531468 8/15/1967 suspended KAMADO CORPORATION
C2460444 7/31/2002 suspended KAMADO CORPORATION RICHARD JOHNSON
C2566261 11/4/2003 suspended KAMADO RETAIL, INC. RICHARD JOHNSON
C2068108 2/2/1998 dissolved WALKER KAMADO, INC. PAUL S ARONWITZ

C0476759 8/26/1964 suspended AMERICAN KAMADO CORPORATION

Corporation
AMERICAN KAMADO CORPORATION
Number: C0476759 Date Filed: 8/26/1964 Status: suspended
Jurisdiction: California
Address

Agent for Service of Process

C2566262 11/4/2003 active KAMADO CHARCOAL, INC. RICHELLE ANNE JOHNSON

Corporation
KAMADO CHARCOAL, INC.
Number: C2566262 Date Filed: 11/4/2003 Status: active
Address
4603 EDISON AVE
SACRAMENTO, CA 95821
RICHELLE ANNE JOHNSON
4603 EDISON AVE
SACRAMENTO, CA 95821

C0531468 8/15/1967 suspended KAMADO CORPORATION

Corporation
KAMADO CORPORATION
Number: C0531468 Date Filed: 8/15/1967 Status: suspended
Address

C2460444 7/31/2002 suspended KAMADO CORPORATION RICHARD JOHNSON

Corporation
KAMADO CORPORATION
Number: C2460444 Date Filed: 7/31/2002 Status: suspended
Address
2200 RICE AVE
W SAC, CA 95691
RICHARD JOHNSON
2200 RICE AVE
W SAC, CA 95691

C2566261 11/4/2003 suspended KAMADO RETAIL, INC. RICHARD JOHNSON

Corporation
KAMADO RETAIL, INC.
Number: C2566261 Date Filed: 11/4/2003 Status: suspended
Address
2445 ALBATROSS WAY STE 103
SACRAMENTO, CA 95815
RICHARD JOHNSON
4603 EDISON AVE
SACRAMENTO, CA 95821

C2068108 2/2/1998 dissolved WALKER KAMADO, INC. PAUL S ARONWITZ

Corporation
WALKER KAMADO, INC.
Number: C2068108 Date Filed: 2/2/1998 Status: dissolved
Address
3141 SWETZER RD
LOMIS, CA 95650
PAUL S ARONWITZ
1293 LINCOLN WAY
AUBURN, CA 95603

SHIPPING COMPANY LAWSUIT:

Superior Court of California, County of San Diego

View Case Detail
Case Title: PRO-SERVICE FORWARDING VS. KAMADO CHARCOAL INC
Case Number: 37-2007-00064098-CL-CL-CTL Case Location: San Diego
Case Type: Civil Date Filed: 03/26/2007
Category: CL-CL Collections

Plaintiff/Petitioner
Last Name or Business Name First Name Primary (P)
PRO-SERVICE FORWARDING P

Defendant/Respondent
Last Name or Business Name First Name Primary (P)
KAMADO CHARCOAL INC P

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:47 am    

Thanks for saving that! The whole thread is gone now.

Cool
dwebb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:48 am    

This thread has now been deleted!!! I got it just in time!!

Thread has been deleted.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:00 pm    

Good work Sooners! Casey's a "Poser"! Razz
sooners

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:08 pm    

Looks like that one got me banned

I have be banned.
sooners
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 pm    

Re: Looks like that one got me banned

sooners wrote:
I have be banned.
sooners
Oh heavens no! Not on the 4th of July weekend! Now how will you join arm in arm and sing "k"umbaya with all of the other happy kamado owners? Notice how many of them are posting about what they will be kooking for the 4th. Rolling Eyes

Maybe it's time we launch the 1st annual

"4th of July broken K Kooking Kontest"

winner gets a gold plated sledgehammer.

Those were great posts by the way. You have earned your stripes. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: