Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

I was banned from the mexi-K forum

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomjaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:55 pm    

I was banned from the mexi-K forum

Glad to see this forum and hope it attracts lots of K folks.

I was banned from the mexi-K forum for several posts on customer service.
You will see no customer service issues there. They are removed very quickly and follow ups result in being banned.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:30 am    

I know how tomjaz feels...

while I haven't been banned (yet), i know what you mean. i remember reading all the posts folks would make concerning their troubles. seemed to me, many times, they were reaching out to a community of folks who should have been more supportive, as a last resort. No reply from the company after many attempts, that kind of thing. I always sympathized with them, and, at least once, was labeled a "flamer" for my words, by Deborah (owner's wife, co-owner, whatever). In fact, here's the thread

http://www.kamado.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=1&post=7539

Now that I've personally had problems, I find the the CS at Kamado unhelpful and downright confrontational. Admittedly, my problem is very minor; cracked firebox. Yes, easily repaired, but just because that is so doesn't absolve the company from honoring a LIFETIME WARRANTY based on the claim that no part will burn out. I won't go into it all here. Suffice it to say that my expectations and hopes that their CS would improve over the years have not been met.

It is typical that when a company has a failing, it gets exploited by another that is willing to do what it takes to pick up where their competition left off. "Building a better mousetrap" as it were. Not just an American concept, obviously. Regardless of the venom sure to come from other rabid K users that will find this to be "intellectual theft" or whatever, the fact remains that their are now other companies that seem to be doing what any business man and innovator has the right to do. They have improved on an existing product and offering better service.
leejp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:18 pm    

Think of Kamado as Apple Computers and it makes great sense:

Great Product (minor problems and all... they are great products... no one disagrees)... I know, I used to own one
Outright painful purchase experience. CS has issues but in the end they pretty much get resolved
Loyal (perhaps overzealous) following... but it's a great product

The competition will be great! I am really looking forward to my new CNC laser cut, pressed, improved OTB...
leejp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:28 am    

Re: Letting go...

[quote="Porkchop"]your post is typical of what's on the Kamado board; because MOST folks get their concerns addressed, i shouldn't mind that i've been lied to and treated rudely. whatever. i'm more tired with dealing with that type of myopia than i am with the poor treatment i received.

maybe you'd feel differently if it was you dealing with the problem...

i've moved on; not losing sleep. i was letting someone else know he wasn't alone, and 2) i wouldn't be able to air the same beef on the Kamado forum without being burned at the stake by the members there.

i have a legitimate beef, and i am polite enough to keep it off the Kamado site, and this site. i may go into it on MY site later, but that's my right.

so, until you walk a mile in my shoes...[/quote]

Sorry... looks like I hit a nerve, that wasn't the intent of my post and in fact the post was NOT specifically directed at you but rather, the komodokamado forum at large and those from Kamado and other unregistered users are looking here.

I can tell you that my purchase experience with the Kamado was not a pleasant one... far from it. Delayed multiple times, items damaged in shipment, lied to by CS... been there done it. In the end I got what I was owed by the Kamado company (a great cooker) for the agreed price but not on the agreed date (as typical). If they did not deliver what was promised you, I agree you have issues with them and shouldn't "get over it" .

The "let go/move on" (per the Apple Computer analogy) is more directed at the folks dealing with overzealous Kamado fan behavior. I personally find it better to not expend any resource/energy with such people. The internet is a nasty place, people say things hidden behind the keyboard of a computer that they would never say in person. There's no right/wrong/civility/politeness...

Edited DL
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:21 am    

My bad

Rolling Eyes
yeah, guess it is a raw nerve for me. after reading your post, i went back into the Kamado forum and searched for your posts; guess you have walked a mile in my shoes, just from a different perspective.

the guys who gave me my K had similar delay issues. and, y'know, when you buy a Kamado now, you can see the track record on delivery issues is hit or miss. when one is presented with that history, and decides to roll the dice, they have no reason to gripe about arrival dates. they DO have a right to expect some level of service, returned calls, emails, etc. yeah, they don't do that well, but it's common courtesy.

my real issue is that, when you make money in sales by offering a lifetime warranty, and refuse to honor it, or acknowledge it, you are lying to the consumer. it's LIKE stealing. people choose their cookers based on many things; you've been there. one is whether or not they have support. people go out of their way to purchase warranties for various products for that very reason. a warranty has cash value, and, IMO, that value is built into the purchase on the Kamado. you don't want to honor a warranty, don't offer one. but then, when you want to claim that the components "will never burn out", how do you back that up?

anyhow, sorry for going on so; still a really sore spot. shouldn't have jumped right down your throat. my apologies. i just wanted to have SOMEWHERE where i could get some of this off my chest without being policed, and be able to comisserate without sanction. i can't do that over there...

here's me "coolin off" now... Cool
Smokin'K,Q

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:08 am    

Re: My Bad

I purchased a Komodo K because I couldn't get intouch with the Kamado people (RichardJ) to save my life. I tried calling and emailing and not once did they contact me to even take my order, so after months of trying I gave up. About a year later one of my friends told me about a new company making cookers that looked like the kamado, so I checked it out and found Dennis L. About 2 weeks later I had my Komodo K and have been happy with every aspect of the CS and quality of the cooker. I completely understand your frustration with the kamado people, and I hear things are still pretty bad with there CS and getting worse.
I'll always recommend Dennis L. and Komodo now when someone is looking for a ceramic cooker. I'm glad the kamado people had bad CS now because it worked out in the long run.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:15 am    

What kind of KomodoK did you get? How long have you been cooking on it? Most importantly, DO YOU HAVE PICS??? Very Happy

i think KOMODOKAMADO, BGE, Primo, and others have proven that there's more than enough room for everybody in the ceramic cooker business to make a living... It's great that Dennis saw some problems, decided to roll the dice and step up. He's picking up the ball that the other team has dropped, and running with it.

There's a reason that complaints aren't allowed on the K forum; someone might be listening to the customers that they are ignoring. Apparently, there was too much interest and business for Kamado Mexico to handle, and Dennis is doing his part to help! Wink
tcoliver

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:36 pm    

I am banned too, not for complaining about bad customer service just for trying to warn people not to get involved in any way financially with Richard. He is not an honest man (This is my nice version).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: