Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Kamado grills aren't Komodo Kamado Grills!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 pm    

Kamado grills aren't Komodo Kamado Grills!!

The real founder and owner of the Komodo grill was nice enough to call me from Bali- Komodo Kamado grills-which is different from "Kamado". His grill/smoker was the one featured on the Today's Show, not the ones sold by the people who have my deposit. He told me the bad news that these guys have scammed numerous people, and that he has moved his operation from Bali-which he ran from after litigation, to Mexico-which he also moved from, to Nevada. The guy uses inferior materials- uses Portland Cement with grout! He told me about the postal fraud that's going on and a possible action suit, which if anyone knows about I'd like to join. The Johnsons had good communication until the date of delivery came around and have not returned any correspondence. The TRUE Komodo Kamado grill founder called me within HOURS FROM BALI!!!! He's the one who told me to find this forum!

I thought he was based out of San Diego and I was going to knock on their door, but I guess they're out in Nevada??
If anyone has any information on how they got they're deposit back please let me know. And once I get that deposit back I would like to collaborate to have this guy pay for this fraud and prevent future victims falling into this scheme.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:36 pm    

Most people on this forum are familiar with the differences between Komodo and Kamado. We do however appreciate you sharing your insight and reiterating the point that they are two VERY different companies. Thanks.
Got my Money back

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:16 am    

Get Deposit Back

I got my money back - the entire price - because I kept a log of each communication with R(obbing) J(ackass) and his band merry thieves during the 8 months it took for me to wake the hell up.
I then sent the log and a letter of explanation to my Credit Card company.
The card company refunded to my card account the entire purchase price plus the interest they charged me during that time.
The thieving bastards were back charged every penny by the card company.

This is the reason why I use my credit card for every internet purchase and every large purchase (over $400.00) in the brick and mortar world.
Protection from the rotten eggs.
duk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:20 am    

Re: Get Deposit Back

[quote="
This is the reason why I use my credit card for every internet purchase and every large purchase (over $400.00) in the brick and mortar world.
Protection from the rotten eggs.

I thought he wasn't or doesn't accept credit cards for that reason
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:45 am    

It appears that he has gone back and forth. We can't really tell if it is because the CC companies banned him and he couldn't find a servicer, or if he quit because of chargebacks. He may have realized that no one will send him a check any more and he was forced to start taking CC's again.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: