Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

NV Attorney General Investigating...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchop

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:28 am    

ray has a ceramic forum now??? i haven't been to the basso forum for years!
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:35 pm    

Yes, I think there is a link to it on the top of the regular forum.
jannypan

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:35 pm    

I also have a friend/person in CA that is investigating the situation from a different angle and I would love to be able forward any information that might assist in this process.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:52 am    

Welcome

jannypan wrote:
I also have a friend/person in CA that is investigating the situation from a different angle and I would love to be able forward any information that might assist in this process.
Please share.
GMetz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:39 am    

Yes, Attorney General has a physical address

A physical address has been identified and appears to be working - letters are being served and responded to. Though, we had to laugh at what I received in response (aside from the horrific grammar).

The response indicated that they never received the damaged product back (LIE #1! Receipt of Return signed by rep of Kamado corporation presented!). They also indicated that they are working to get the money back from the carrier and as soon as they do, I'll get mine. (LIE #2! They never insured the product in the first place and no claim has ever been filed - proof provided by CONWAY representative!)

It would seem that the amount of time and effort spent to manage the lies would have well exceeded the amount required to f*ing pay me back!

But we are moving forward. If you have suffered a loss related to this company, PLEASE contact Nevada Rhodes at the AG office. The more compliants she has, the more she can do with it.

Thank you!
Porkchop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:29 am    

GMetz, you are made of awesome!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:02 am    

Well we know it's rj by the poor grammar.

I agree with Porkchop, awesome work! I will be contacting Nevada Rhodes shortly.

Thanks, Gmetz! Very Happy
bdonson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 am    

Has anyone given Shotgun Fred a heads up? If I remember right he lost around $10 grand. I feel bad about it because I bought my Guru through Kamado. Then to make matters worse I cooked in the rain once and had to send it back to Fred who fixed it for free. Only after finding out about this forum did I learn that the folks at BBQ Guru were never compensated for the guru's sold through Kamado.com
Porkchop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:30 am    

done and done. email sent to his customer service contact from his bbq guru website.
tamswilson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:34 pm    

I live in Alaska. Got ripped off by these crooks back in 2008 to the tune of 2k+. Ak's AG sent several letter's. First to the Johnson's with no response (surprise! surprise!). Then to the NV AG. NV AG was sympathetic, but quoted budget cut back (no longer had a Consumer Protection Division) as reason they could be of no help.
Glad to see enough folks have complained that the NV AG's office is now doing something.
I also contacted the US Postal Service (Mail Fraud Division), Better Business Bureau (AK, CA & NV) and the FBI (Internet Crime Complaint Center) and LV attornies. Didn't get anything out of it but mountains of paper and e-mails... but made me feel better. I suggest that everyone file complaints with all of these guys.

Kinda interesting... got an e-mail from RichardJ May 18, 2011 about Ceramic Coating (to put on what? I wondered). I did send a very polite reply...not.

Keep up the fight guys... DLTBW (Don't Let The Bastards Win).

follow up:
Just sent the e-mail to Nevada Rhodes.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:16 pm    

Sorry to hear of your troubles Tams, It comes as no surprise he tried to push his plaster on you since that's the only thing he has left to sell. I hope you are able to get a recovery.
tamswilson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:42 pm    

As a follow-up to my missive above:

I have heard from Nevada Rhodes. I have contacted the Alaska AG's office at Nevada AG's request and together they have re-opended the case I filed last year. Hope to hear some good news soon.

But just in case none of this works:
Also, forgot to mention in above post, in addition the the USPS, BBB and FBI... I encourage people to also contact the Federal Trade Commission - Bureau of Consumer Protection and their state's Attorney General's office. All these can be contacted via the internet.

DLTBW
GMetz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 pm    

Keep on keepin' on...

Please continue the follow through with the NV AG's office. Just had an email exchange with NV AG today, and looks like they are going to subpeona Conway Freight for my (and other) records and move forward. In their last correspondence to RJ, they did indicate that he was in violation of the law:

"NRS 598.092(4) states that it is a deceptive trade practice for a business to fail to make delivery of services for sale within a reasonable time or to make a refund for the goods."

Patience my friends...we can play the waiting game...
BBQ master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:44 pm    

Nevada AG

I got the same response from Nevada AG and sent all the emails and other correspondence I had with Johnson family, to Nevada Rhodes. It seems the Kamado Co. now has someone answering the phone that is not located at a specific site.

Still waiting for an update from AG.

Her address is:
Nevada Rhodes, Investigator
Nevada Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
100 N. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701
(775) 684-1165

This is the latest address I have on the Johnson's:
Richelle Johnson @
Kamado Distributing Company
6440 Sky Pointe Dr.
Suite 140-401
Las Vegas, NV 89131

(877) 257-6871
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm    

Actually that may be correct, she was a lot younger than RJ, she just looks like shes been rode hard and put up wet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: