Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Is anyone buying this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:11 pm    

Is anyone buying this?

Well, the Christmas sale is about over. How did that go?
Now, his new angle for 2011 is to push the electric k-3.
Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2613
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 12:12 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Paradux,

I believe you have a K-3 and years ago posted pictures of cooking a 15-16 pound turkey in your K3. Would you have a copy or know where you might have posted them?

The K-3 electric has become very popular in apartments and condos that restrict gas or charcoal but no one believes anyone can cook a big turkey in a K-3.

Thanks in advance for trying.

Richard
Why wouldn't one of the johnsons just cook a 15 pound turkey and take a picture?
Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2612
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 12:04 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
One of our customers who has an electric #3 gave me this tip to starting charcoal fast and easy on the electric element. By the way, the electric element remains in the Kamado:

Instead of just placing lump or extruded directly on the electric burner to start the charcoal or by some outside the Kamado method, try putting the charcoal in a smaller diameter modified "chimney" and set it on the red hot element.

The simple modification is to the chimney bottom (which has holes or wire grate). The bottom must be level with the lower sides of the chimney walls. This will put the charcoal in direct contact with the red hot element(s) and thereby allows for heat transfer by conduction.

There is no paper used as in a regular chimney. Small pieces of lump or briquettes are held by the narrow wires or holes in the bottom of the chimney. The ignition time of the charcoal is much faster, simpler and no paper ash.

I will post some pictures here and on www.electrickamado.com as soon as my homemade chimney looks a little more professional. I would appreciate your ideas and comments or if you would like more information please email me at richardj@kamado or info@electrickamado.com.
Again, Rolling Eyes
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:21 am    

Then there's this.........

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2615
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 12:16 pm:

Thank you Jdanw for your suggestion about adding another TOPIC to the Kamado forum. Besides Alan going nuts helping with the Kamado forum........the electric Kamado has found it's market in condos and apartments where the K-3 and K-5 are actually the better fit for their balcony. The restrictions on gas and charcoal are, of course, the limiting factor.

Our new electric element accessory has some unique advantages (over gas accessory) in the K7 and K9's in homes but there rarely are restrictions (yet) on charcoal or gas and therefore I don't see a very large market. However, in condo's and apartments the thick heavy ceramic walled K3 and K5 are the only bbq grill that will provide enough heat with 120V household current and this is a huge market for our electric Kamados.

Putting it another way, most Kamado forum visitors can care less about electric or electric accessories. However Electrickamado.com visitors and electric Kamado owners are very much interested in the expert cooking information found on the Kamado forum because the electric Kamado Kooks much the same with electricity when a little smoking wood is added.

With this in mind, I have found that electrickamado.com website visitors link to kamado.com to learn how to Kook etc. and kamado.com website visitors do NOT go to electrickamado.com for anything.

As you can tell, I am as far as a marketing expert as one can possibly be but I sincerely appreciate your and others suggestions and ideas.

Richard
I would love to see just one electric kamado in one condo or apartment. And what's this about alan going nut's with the kamado forum? It hasn't been updated in years! It looks almost as bad as alans personal site. All of the fanboys have left, oh other than bobh and a couple wannabe's. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: