Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Dome Thermometer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrench_H

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 am    

Dome Thermometer

I bought a used #7 about a year ago before I found this site Mad . It had never been used, but the guy had taken the thermometer out of it to use on another grill. I contacted Kamado about a replacement, but I really don't want to send them any money based on what I have read here. Has anyone had to replace a thermometer and have a good reccommendation? I would prefer not to have to drill a new or larger hole if possible.

Thanks for any help
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:02 am    

Drilling a slightly larger hole if necessary is trivial. Check out TelTru thermometers. You could probably use their 5" stem model that they sell for the Big Green Egg. It comes in two temp ranges, 150-750 and 200-1000, although they say to only take it above 800 intermittently. There is absolutely no reason in the world to subject yourself to the pain of dealing with Richard Johnson over a thermometer. TelTru is a good company and you will be happy with their thermometers. Good luck!
Wrench_H

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:58 am    

Thanks, I'll give them a try.
fraudkamado

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 pm    

The Big Green Egg Thermo available at any BBQ's Galore is a direct replacement. Last time I shopped anyway. Mine is still working great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: