Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Arranging deck chairs on the Titanic

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToastedMorsel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:27 am    

Arranging deck chairs on the Titanic

To: <FutureVictim>
Subject: Exciting Opportunity from Kamado
***Confidential***
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:35:36 -0500

Dear <FutureVictim>

Let me start by asking you to keep the contents of this e-mail entirely confidential. It contains information and an offer that is NOT being made public, and that is in fact restricted to a very limited number of personally known and trusted Kamado owners.

As you may be aware, I have recently resumed manufacture of Meridian stoves and fireplace inserts. They are a product I've previously manufactured, now updated and enhanced by many additional years of design and production expertise. Like our Kamados, the Meridian stoves, fireplace inserts (and soon zero clearance fireplaces for new homes) are the most unique, functional and beautiful devices of their type. They stand apart from anything in the marketplace in terms of both their beauty and their efficiency. They are designed to provide heat, a task they accomplish with unequaled efficiency. And as a bonus, they can be used to cook on, as well!
For a look at the Meridians, see http://www.kamado.com/Meridian/Meridian.htm.

I believe the market for the Meridian is huge, both as a retrofit and in new-home installations. With energy costs inexorably rising, people are seeking cost efficient ways to keep their homes warm. The Meridian is the answer, and now is the time.

A simple announcement on the Kamado Forum, which was picked up by Google and Yahoo, created tremendous interest. In order to capitalize on this interest, as well as meet the volume demands of major builders and large remodeling contractors, I need to significantly expand our production capabilities. Ramping up quickly to a robust level of production is essential in assuring the Meridian's success; if we are unable to meet immediate demand, that demand will be met by inferior solutions that ARE available.

In order to make the needed investment in facilities, we are offering to a very special affinity group of Kamado owners and close friends, like you, an opportunity to participate through investment in the Meridian Manufacturing and Distribution Company. The Meridian Company,which is organized as a Mexican corporation, is a separate entity from Kamado Company but will take advantage of (and add to) the sales team, reputation, marketing, consolidating trucking and distribution channels of Kamado Company.

The purpose of this e-mail is to gain some sense of who might be interested in participating. If you choose to respond and sign a nondisclosure agreement, I will provide an executive summary and financial information from the Meridian business plan. There is no obligation, but there certainly is a huge opportunity.

Sincerely,

Richard Johnson
meridian@kamado.com
richardj@kamado.com
(877) 257 6871
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:01 am    

this is a riot! my mom made the mistake of purchasing a few nick nacks for my mexi-k a few years ago. she gets these "invitations" on a regular basis.

i've told her to watch out!
Curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 am    

Start saving them. I got a few but just deleted them...wish I still had them.
Curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:21 am    

I have a question about the Meridian. I have a wood stove at home, a steal one or cast iron or whatever they are made of, and it heats the house great because the heat radiates from it all around.

But isn't the whole idea of these ceramic things that they keep the heat in? Apart from the glass door, how is the heat supposed to be getting out? Seems like most of it would escape out of the flue.

Just my simple mind not knowing about these complex ideas.
Gerard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:31 am    

Curly, I won't pretend that I understand the thermodynamics of concrete, but there's a bunch of arrows involved.

Curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:41 am    

He must have a masters degree in arrows...that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'm in...where do I sign Shocked
Charlie Brown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:26 am    

So.... is that thing made out of concrete, too?
Curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:35 am    

All arrows I believe. Right now there's only pics to look at, but after we all send him the money he's going to make one. I'm sure it will be as good a product as all of his other endeavors.

If you want, just tell him to send you 3 of those and 3 K7's instead of the 6 K7's...unless they have already been sent. Then maybe you could trade a few of the K7's for some stock in the Meridian.

This is so exiting, I'll bet Bill Gates felt like this when he and all the other geeks were trying to get that first dos system going good.

I'll probably have my first mansion built up there near Bill and Melinda, I've always felt a kinship with him.
Gerard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:41 pm    

ooooo... more arrows:

Curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:53 pm    

That one is as captivating and mesmerizing as the other. But it looks like the arrows have mostly reversed themselves. Do you think one of the pics has incorrect arrows or can they both be right Laughing

If I ever design anything I'm gonna put arrows all over it, it's so much more exciting that way, no matter which way the arrows go. Shocked
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:13 am    

... and the band played on.

Toasted Morsel, I meant to say this when you first posted: That was a heluva first post and I especially loved the title. You're gonna fit right in. Welcome aboard.
ToastedMorsel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:43 pm    

That's old rocket science...

My parents had a old log cabin once that had a metal lined fireplace with a space between it and the bricks. It would draw in cool air from up front under the fireplace and the heated air would exit thru vents above the mantle. We later added little fans to increase the airflow.. Worked great to heat the room. House built in the 30's.. Probably Richard's idea again. Wink
JasmineFilter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:51 am    

Please do not confuse concrete with Portland cement. I think RJ must think that since it has the name PORTLAND in it, people will think it is special. I think someone should make their own mexiK out of bags from Home Depot and some chicken wire.
ToastedMorsel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:21 am    

Don't forget the volcanic aggregate..

JasmineFilter wrote:
Please do not confuse concrete with Portland cement. I think RJ must think that since it has the name PORTLAND in it, people will think it is special. I think someone should make their own mexiK out of bags from Home Depot and some chicken wire.

They will need to add crushed volcanic cinder (sorta like pumice) as an aggregate..
Laughing
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:34 am    

only half joking...

If I cant get the one i have suitably repaired (to my satisfaction), I might ive it a shot. I can use teh existing one to make a mold!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: