Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

My Story, for what it's worth

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:15 am    

My Story, for what it's worth

My story is not quite as dramatic as some of the others.

I was the typical crazed fan when I first discovered the ceramic thing and the Kamado forum in particular. It wasn't long before I ordered mine up and was a regular on the forum. That was 2001 I believe and the
ceramic wars were heating up pretty good. I had never participated in any forum whatsoever so I was not prepared for the fury that was unleased between the eggers and the kamadites. I noticed that the BGE owner never participated in such things but our president was alive and well in the slurs he handed out to the BGE product and the eggers themselves. I thought that was the way it should be, down in the ditches with us, not away in some office like I had imagined the BGE president was. But eventually I learned how stupid that was, and how great most of the eggers are, and started trying to stifle it rather than add to it, and it finally burned out...thank God!

Not long after I got into the klub I convinced a neighbor to get one...it didn't take much convincing, a taste of ribs here, a bit of pork bbq there, he bought a #7 and we had dueling Kamados across the fence every weekend. It was great until his developed a crack. He told me about it and I assured him they would do whatever it would take to get him right. His crack widened and he could never get them to get back to him. I was feeling pretty responsible as you may imagine, and I kept telling him they would make it right. Well, it's been about 4 or 5 years, and to my knowledge he's still got it and he can still cook high cooks, but can't keep the temps low enough for a low and slow. I've sense moved so I don't keep up with him anymore. I know his ID is no longer on the forum so I assume they deleted it because he kept using the forum to complain to them. How dare him do that!

I guess it took this to open my eyes to the customer service problem. I had seen a few things but sence they were really removed from me I was able to dismiss them. The Johnson family always seemed to assure us on the forum that all was well. Of course, I did a bit of complaining when I was lied to 3 or 4 times about my delivery time, Debra telling me that it had left the loading dock that day...call back in a week and one of the girls would tell me it was going to leave that day? How do they do that, but when I got it I was placated for quite a while...all was well.

Then I started noticing the pattern of complaints, and how they would be shut down. It seemd that when anyone would complain about a shipment somehow one of the girls would get in the middle of it and suddenly they were crying online and there would be a mob of people attacking the complainer for ever dreaming of doubting one of the cute Kamadettes.
Of course, it usually ended with the poor unfortunate person apologizing to the Kamadette and all was well again in Kamado-land. At some point I wanted a smaller grill to supplement my #7 so I ordered a #3. It was months and months and I could never get anything but lies from them about it so I finally got fed up and canceled the order. That should never matter to them because they are always 3-6 months behind, anyone could jump in and take mine without upsetting the apple cart a bit. You would have thought I kidnapped one of the Kamadettes! But finally they agreed to return my deposit...but then I had to go through months and months of the lies again. One of the girls would say they mailed it out, the next week one of the girls would say it's right here on my desk I'll put in it an envelope and mail it out. The most frustrating people I've ever dealt with in my life.

I eventually tired of the pattern and the way they deleted posts and lied to people so I took myself off of the forum. Little did I know the extent of the lies and deceit. I had no idea it was past lies and deceit and down right criminal Embarassed
CharlieBrown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:10 pm    

Thank you, Curly,

Testimonials like yours let others know they are not alone.

Sadly.
curly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:08 pm    

did you cry or anything Sad
CharlieBrown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:24 pm    

Like a little girl...

Razz
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:34 pm    

Coming Out?

I guess Curly is "coming out" -hehe Shocked
CharlieBrown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:32 pm    

Step up, D.IPA

You know, instead of poking fun, why don't you step up and give us YOUR story?

It'll be like a 12-step program...

You ARE familiar with 12-step programs...aren't you? Shocked

heh heh...

Twisted Evil
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:06 pm    

Re: Step up, D.IPA

Charlie Brown wrote:
You know, instead of poking fun, why don't you step up and give us YOUR story?

It'll be like a 12-step program...

You ARE familiar with 12-step programs...aren't you? Shocked

heh heh...

Twisted Evil

Yeah, I'm already out - hehe - it's true - Curly is my significant other Shocked .

Actually, I posted my deal a while back. It might have been before you were hanging out in the other forum. I am not sure if it got 'cleaned' or not during the KK revamping. My story was not too bad. I was mainly appalled at how others were being treated. Like some of the other fanboys on the K forum, I really did not know there was a problem. I just thought there was a couple of people; no where close to what it actually was.

My initial purchase and delivery was good, but then things started to go wrong. The Guru port was some crap RJ fabbed up in Mexi, not a real inducer from Fred and it fell out as soon as I tried to put the guru in as it was the wrong size. I was actually asked to ship the port back to them so they could see it - freakn please. Luckily Fred was gracious enough to send me one free of charge. I was really dissatisfied with the welding from the beginning. I had numerous grout holes and asked for a repair kit for months on end. I was told to go to home depot or lowes and buy 10 lbs of the shit even though I needed a tablespoon. Then I tried to buy the first interior coating shit he was selling. After 8 months on order I canceled it. So see, my experience was not nearly as bad as some - hehe. Shocked
curly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:40 pm    

Dude, I can't believe you outed us Embarassed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: