Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Crazy Thread: Where's My Kamado? Ordered in June!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:03 am    

Crazy Thread: Where's My Kamado? Ordered in June!

This little gem comes from December 2003... the most amusing aspect of this exchange is LauraJ's use of the term APATHETIC.

Freudian slip? We think so!

Quote:
Thepidler
Post Number: 8

Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 6:03 am:

You know, prior to starting this post, I sent an email on Nov 26th asking for a status. I started this thread shortly thereafter. Today is Dec 8th and I have YET to get a response to my email, to the voice mails I have left, or to my original post. All that I have read is how good a job Alan has done with this forum and how the Access book is too big. Give me a break.

Here's the root problem - Your customer service sucks. Communicate with me, if you can't be proactive, then at least just respond to me when I ask. Am I wrong to expect that as a minimum? Oh, and you can't fix bad customer service with a computer.

I don't want to see your privileged info. I don't want you to hire a $60k Admin.

All I want is a little C O M M U N I C A T I O N.

greg

Lauraj
Post Number: 5

Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 11:01 am:

C O M M U N I C A T I O N is here. Your Kamado has been ready, and will ship as soon as we receive payment! We are apathetic to your thoughts on our "bad" customer service and will take great consideration on improving the "root problem".

We appreciate everyone's thoughts and concerns!

Thepidler
Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

Don't even go there. I just got the invoice in the email last Friday, December the 5th, that showed how much we owe. Actually, and I can send it out if you want, your invoice I received showed I owed the whole amount. Darrell finally emailed with the actual amount that was owed, $239. It only took me 3 or 4 weeks to get that information. And as soon as I did, I called and finally got through to pay it, immediately. So don't even try to imply that I wasn't getting my K because I wasn't paying. How dare you. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised. Looks like maybe the TRUE COLORS are coming out here?

And if I did owe, which I am not convinced we do, but I paid anyway, why did it take posting here on the forum and asking for C O M M U N I C A T I O N to get any? You guys always seem to come up with one lame excuse after another...

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

Thepidler
Post Number: 10

Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 12:57 pm:

Sales@kamado.com you have mail. I have cancelled my Kamado order and will be expecting a full refund as promised, I have asked that you please inform me of when I can expect my refund.

The result of *bad* customer service.

Richardj
Post Number: 915

Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 1:12 pm:

Greg, I can answer your question as to "when I can expect my refund".....it will be sent today. Sorry you had such *bad* customer service. Richard

Of course, this is followed up by the usual sycophants posting about how it's the customer's fault he received such poor service, if only he had left a few more voicemails...

Rolling Eyes

Amusingly, there are numerous similar posts still floating around the kamado forum archives. Just do a search on "customer" or "service" to get a sampling. These must be from before the "iron curtain" fell, as we see in this little post from March 2004:

Quote:
Lago
Post Number: 121

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 9:10 am:

On a side note... regardless of what you think about customer service I think it's noble of Richard to let this forum exist without censorship.

Richardj
Post Number: 1107

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 10:34 am:

Lago, thank you for your commenting about my nobility re censorship. However, my nobility has ended.

Nobility?! Ha! Laughing
curly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:42 am    

So completely typical....call and email for months on end...nothing. Forced to take it to the forum and have a confrontation everytime. And we wonder why people don't follow the K forum rules Shocked
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:57 pm    

new thread same old problem

This thread started today on the K forum......things just don't seem to change much with customer service.

I'm getting a little irritated.
Kamado Discussion Forum » The Kampfire » I'm getting a little irritated. « Previous Next »

Aksteve
Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 7:31 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
My last message was deleted, so I'm posting it again. Unless I get a response through the proper channels (e-mail,phone, or fax), I'm going to keep posting here because it's the only way I can see to get through to anyone. We've been trying for a month to find out when our #9 Joya Verde is shipping to Anchorage, Alaska. I feel completely justified in posting this, as our credit card was already billed for the full purchase amount back in July.

Steve

Richardj
Post Number: 2104
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:22 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Steve, I am not the best one to answer but I just checked on the status. Your Kamado has been completed for some time except the location of the Guru port and held up from an earlier shipment for this reason and waiting for charcoal. There is a shipment leaving from our factory later tomorrow or Thursday that that your Kamado can meet. Please give us the location of the port hole. They tried calling many times today, but we still have time. Just tell us the location of the hole. We receive our new container of charcoal, so the charcoal will be shipped with your Kamado as planned.

Sorry for the delay.

Richard

Aksteve
Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:22 pm:

Richard,

Thanks for the reply. And, again, I'm sorry I had to post here but it just seemed like we couldn't get through any other way. I wasn't aware that there was a hold-up with the Guru port. I didn't know we had to pick a spot for it. I guess it should go on the right, front side, maybe next to the draft door. Would this be OK? Is there a standard location for it?

Thanks,

Steve

Syzygies
Post Number: 489
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:26 pm:

Many of us like "4:30" where the draft door is "6:00" viewed from above, and at the same height as the middle of the draft door. That, for example, is where mine is, and it feels right. That seems consistent with what Steve is asking, and I'd recommend it.

Richardj
Post Number: 2106
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 10:06 pm:

Steve, if you agree with Syygies position we will position the hole at this location. I certainly agree it is a good choice.

Again, sorry for the delay of missing some good food. On the other hand you have years of the best to look forward to.

The best from us at Kamado

Bigkat
Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 11:38 pm:

Hi Richard
Can you check on the status of my repair materials as well? I was told that they would be shipped out on July 13th, then Aug 4th. Then I was told that they would be shipped out on Aug 18th. I left a message to find out the status, but haven't heard anything. Can you help? I'd really like to get the crack fixed before the rainy season starts up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
Richard, I believe that is the correct location for the Guru port. Now, let's get it shipped before it starts snowing up here. Smile

Again, sorry to have to post this here, but it's been pretty difficult to get through to anyone at Kamado lately. You can feel free to delete this thread after the big K has shipped.

Thanks, Steve
curly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:10 am    

Yeah, hold up shipment for months because of the guru hole location. Dang RJ, can't you think up some better lies? It sure didn't hold up that credit card charge though did it Shocked
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:49 pm    

Yeah...they never returned his calls but claim they had been calling him...What BS.
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:37 pm    

And another one having a problem...................

Bigsmoke
Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 4:18 pm:

I believe that I am one in many that have placed an order from Kamado and I cannot get a true ship date. I have made many calls and left messages hoping for a call back on a true ship date. I also have emailed Kamado several times hoping for a reply on a ship date. This is very disappointing that I cannot get any firm information from this company.

My order is for a simple #7 cobalt blue and was originally scheduled for Aug 3. It is now the end of August and I still have not received any information. I would really like someone from Kamado to contact me and give me a confirmation about my order. I feel this is very unacceptable behaviour that I cannot receive any information about my order and that several emails and calls have been left unreturned. I have noticed from reading the boards that the only method to get a response from this company is to make public complaints about the lack of customer service. I truly hope that this post does not get deleted and swept under the rug.

If lack of personnel is a problem a simple web page showing the status of all the orders will be very helpful. This allows everybody who has placed an order where they are in the queue and the expected ship dates.

thanks,
-jae chung
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:49 am    

sam - the following is concerning the post above, re: month delay for inducer hole! i accidently posted it to the wrong thread.

eventually, the result will be that this becomes an insular community of poor souls trapped by the false promise of a superior product.

sure, "we have been trying to get in touch. where do you want your inducer hole?"; held up for MONTHS and this crap? when the customer says he's tried for MONTHS to contact them, this lame-o excuse. and the customer APOLOGIZES for using the only tactic that has been successful in getting any kind of response (even if it is a pack of lies). what's in that kool-aid? richard even manages to make the delay sound like the CUSTOMER'S fault!!!! INSANE!!!

so, those of us can see these lies and excuses for what they are, but these duped customers have to continue to wear blinders that they may continue to believe that they haven't been swindled out of their hard earned cash. they are trapped. those on the outside see what's going on and take their money elsewhere. THATS WHY THOSE POSTS ARE DELETED! THATS WHY THEY WANT COMPLAINTS OVER THE PHONE, IN PRIVATE, AND NOT WHERE OTHERS CAN SEE THE TRUTH! THATS WHY RICHARD CAN DENY AND COUNTER-ACCUSE WITH IMPUNITY!

by the way, it is ILLEGAL for a company to bill you for a product that they haven't shipped yet!
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:44 am    

Supposedly Richard's time is spent mostly working from his home on R&D. I don't know what the purpose of R&D is when you cannot take care of day to day business. There is no legitimate excuse for all the unanswered calls and emails.
Gerard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:44 am    

Porkchop wrote:
...by the way, it is ILLEGAL for a company to bill you for a product that they haven't shipped yet!

Porkchop, are you sure about that? Couldn't they just claim it's a 100% deposit? Probably not the way they're portraying the purchase though Crying or Very sad .
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:46 am    

well, i'm no lawyer, but that's "what i heard" Surprised)
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:25 pm    

The number of pissed off customers is increasing...here's another one today by Honce:

Honce
Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 4:44 pm:

Visibility will be great. What tries my patience is the complete lack of communication. I end up calling hourly for days until someone answers the phone.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: