Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

My story - not too bad - happy ending!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:30 pm    

My story - not too bad - happy ending!!

Heya boys (and girls?)

Fetzervalve here, I see my post from the dark side survived and now lives in the "another complaint" thread.

I was totally unaware of ceramic cookers till 'bout 3 months ago when I saw a reference to BGE on a woodworking forum. So, being the curious type, I looked into it. Somehow I found the K and started to get excited about "ceramic" cooking. I went and looked at an egg, but decided that the price for a K was close enough that I could justify getting such a great looking rig.

After much reading of the K forum, including some talk about slow/poor customer service, (I knew it wouldn't happen to me) I made a deposit to "get in line" [faster delivery that way - don't ya know]

All I needed to do was decide on a color and accessories and the shipment would go out in 1-3 weeks. After more than a month of waiting for samples (still not here) and having Lauraj tell me they were sent and not traceable - she would send them again and email a tracking #. Since that transmission I have been unable to get any response.....

I had lost my patience and gave her one last chance to respond to the status of the tile samples.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.... someone sent me a link to KK. I started reading and realizing that I was becoming a victim of the CS vacuum. I sent one last email requesting a refund.

Luckily I not much time has passed and the credit card bill arrived the next day, I promptly put the charge in dispute and fully expect to have the charge reversed in the very near future.

My story is embarrassingly mild and all I have lost is some time (and some hair - but it was going anyway!!)

The same day I placed my order with Dennis and I expect to have my KK in no time flat - I chose a model/color in stock in LA.

The problem is people want to believe they are not being lied to and will give the benefit of the doubt till the last moment. I was doing it and my short experience along with the KK forum, and now this one, have me convinced I dodged a rather large head ache.

Here's to ya, keep up the good work. THANKS
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:09 pm    

Always good to hear a happy ending! Very Happy
curly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:56 pm    

It's good to see em coming though somewhat unscathed. I can't believe there are still folks being scammed by him, but hopefully this site has helped a few.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:11 pm    

Its working

This is why we started this webpage, it gives us some piece of mind and relief that we have saved many people from the pain and agony of dealing with K company. We've all been hurt pretty bad but its great to see some success in our efforts here. Glad to hear a Happy Ending.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:08 am    

tony, you are SO right!! many might attribute this forum to the bitter rants of a few folks that have "slipped thru the cracks" over at mexi-K. it is really great to see that your story (and some others) have helped folks avoid the grief many of us have had to endure.

for me, it really helps to see that there are folks (like FV) that are willing to see what is really going on over there. i'm really glad somebody took the time to let FV know about the alternatives to the lies and shabbiness being purveyed at mexi-K.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:04 pm    

Please help

Yes and as a testament to our efforts I think the only thing we request of any new recruits is that if you still have a valid K account that you help us PM other "suckers to be" at the K forum. I personally have been taken for thousands of dollars and wish only to help the uninformed to know the truth. Others on this forum have done a terrific job but strength does come in numbers.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:29 pm    

Pay it forward

It's done. I sent Charlie a PM earlier today!
curly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:43 am    

Re: Pay it forward

Fetzervalve wrote:
It's done. I sent Charlie a PM earlier today!

Each one reach one Very Happy
tcoliver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:53 pm    

Thanks

The help is appreciated greatly.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: