Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

3 months trying to get a call returned!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:56 pm    

3 months trying to get a call returned!!

Cosmo
Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 2:59 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I just bought a #7 on E-bay so I am new to this but I am not impressed and may sell it. Not with the K, but w/the company. I was lucky to find it and spent three months trying to get a return phone call to obtain a price, and perhaps order for a #9. I still don’t know what a new K cost.

I have to get this off by chest. As a business owner, I have very little tolerance for failure to service the customers a company has while focusing assets to obtain more customers. From what I see on this site, my failure to get a return phone call of have questions answered is not only common, it appears to be accepted. Yet, should anyone, out of frustration, mention service or lack of on this site, someone, often the owner, takes the time to scold them about the proper use of this forum. Am I missing something here? I understand the wait for a new K, but don’t understand how/why people can’t get pricing, items ordered, Charcoal delivered (in some parts of the country), nor get the opportunity to speak to someone at the company/plant. Interestingly enough, the company presence at shows and selling opportunities appear to continue, uninterrupted.

A good quality product is one thing. But being responsive to your current customers is equality important! Controlled growth in any company is desired. If I treated my customers the way some K customers are being treated, I couldn’t afford to pay the light bill, let alone an expensive K or a $10.00 box of charcoal.

Just my 2 cents.

Now, I stand ready for my punishment.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:37 am    

this guy has seen things for what they truly are. i wonder who sold him their cement kamado; maybe that seller was moving up in the world by getting another brand. i know i plan on selling my #7 textured once i get it fixed up a little (maybe this weekend!) to help pay for my Black Volcanic OTB from Komodo Kamado.
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:16 am    

more from cosmos

Cosmo
Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 7:49 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Maybe you’re right Brian but I don’t think so. Clearly, K owners are some of the most patient people I have ever come across. I wish my customers were so forgiving. Perhaps I have done to them as I have to my children and they are a little spoiled. I have also been told before that I expect too much. I don’t think a return phone call is too much to expect, but I guess it is. Also, it should be mentioned here I am neither in the retail business nor a competitor. Although I was at one time, I sold that end of my business and am no longer manufacturing anything. Having said that, I strive to give my customers no less than I expect myself.

Imagine setting at your desk w/telephone in hand for the tenth time, listening to the thing ring in an effort to make a purchase from a company. Don’t you wonder how and why? How can they stay in business, why don't they answer the phone, what if I buy something and have a problem? You say they make things right. I ask how? How do you make something right if you don’t/can’t hear of a problem? The bigger question is, how can a company stand behind a product when they are no longer in business due to customer service failures? Now, before you go questioning the stability of this company, I have no knowledge of the stability of this company and am speaking generally here, about any company. Failure to satisfy current customers and increase sells of accessories, options and add on items can kill a company. And the resell opportunities for this product are phenomenal. How many people on this site have 2, 3 or four K’s or are trying to purchase their second or third one. I stress to my people that every contact, phone, letter, E-mail, face to face, is an opportunity. An opportunity for pleasing a customer, making a sell, or planting a seed for a sell at a later date. If you would agree w/that, then you would have to agree every missed contact is a missed opportunity.

I have done the “home show thing” for over seven years and I can tell you they are expensive and a lot of work. In fact, they are down right draining. I learned, at least on high end items, home shows are about 95% talking and exposure, 4% obtaining leads for future sales, and one percent actual selling. They also come a great cost, especially to a smaller company that has to empty the business location of personal to man the booth. While 70% or greater of your office work force are at the show, working the booth, no one is answering the phone. What’s the point in spend thousands of dollars, and countless of hours passing out flyers and business cards to a phone that is rarely if ever answered? Since my post last night I have received seven personal E-mails of people w/similar experiences. Four have purchased from competitors.

I have no doubt that this is a fine family that works hard to make and sell a fine product. I mean really, how else can this company stay in business. And there are not many people more aware than I how difficult it is to run a small business. My children can tell you I spent the best part of the 80’s wondering if I could make payroll nearly every Friday. I never missed one, but came close a couple of times. I do not buy into the “this is the way it is because of (fill in the blank). The customer service is this way due to the choices made. When you own a business you only have so much in your budget, so you make decisions as to where you apply it. So far, it appears little resources have been applied to customer service. Will it change? I hope so, for everyone’s sake. But I have to tell you I saw a thread similar to this one from 2002 with similar comments. This should concern everyone that owns one of these fine products.

I hope I never have a problem now wish to purchase any accessories for my K. I don't think I will be able to handle the situation like others have. I like the idea of waiting 20 hours to cook a fine cut of meat. Its the 20 days or 15 messages w/o a return phone call that I won't tolerate and I am surprised that others do.
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:44 am    

I'm proud of cosmos and chuckling that someone is asleep at the delete button over there in K wonderland. Since they don't go in before 9:30 a.m., I guess the delete button is worn out. Laughing
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:27 am    

Indeed...

Here is the complete thread as of 12pm pacific:

Cosmo's Questions

Fun Stuff. Particularly enjoyed the koolaid drinkers' apologetics.

Rolling Eyes
CharlieBrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:39 am    

Wow.

That didn't last long. Sorry I missed it.

Confused
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:26 pm    

It's still there - now it's here (the rest) up to 3:25 CST

Pmachen
Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 8:47 am:

Just part of the Kult thing, Cosmos. I have been in private business for 25 years and understand every word you're saying, but some things are simply what they are.

Cosmo
Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:45 am:

Not to "beat a dead horse" and my last comment on the subject, If it "is what it is" and change is hopeless, then everyone will have to make decisions on when they have had enough. It has had little effect on me yet and will not allow it. Continuing to comment on this matter appears to be a waste of time and Life is too short.

It is a shame, and your business experience (I would guess) tells you it does not have to be this way. Its all about the choices made and paths taken. Companies make their choices and consumers will make some also.

George_l
Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 10:16 am:

Unfortunately I also experienced some of the same things stated above when I ordered and was waiting for my K. I also became impatient, complained on the forum and considered cancelling my order on at least 2 occasions. I'm glad I didn't!
I consider my K one of my best purchases ever. Compared to a high quality gas BBQ, the K is flat out inexpensive (including shipping). I also like the results and flexibility of cooking on the K much better, and it looks great in my back yard. It's also less work to maintain than a gas grill. I've had my K about 1 1/2 years and use it more now than when I first bought it.
My guess regarding the customer service situation is the K company has a great product, demand is continuing to grow, and customer service has not yet caught up to the quality the product itself represents. From the posts it appears this is being addressed as shown by hiring a customer service person.
Although I would not have said this while I was impatiently waiting for my K...it was worth the wait.

Jprefect
Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 12:11 pm:

They're right, Cosmo,

You have to read everything you can and then make an informed decision. You might want to start here: http://tinyurl.com/ph7n7

Jason

Attaboy Jason!! Mr. Green
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: