Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Check this out, a Mexi Kamado with some miles on it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Hall of Shame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moosbrth

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:48 am    

Check this out, a Mexi Kamado with some miles on it.

Like they say, a picture is worth 1000 words!

A thing of beauty is a wonder to behold!

What a piece!

Notice the cracks! . . . . . . . . . . . Is that Stainless Steel I see?

Thanks,

John
moosbrth

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:31 pm    

It is on Ebay now,

[quote="Porkchop"]
moosbrth! holy cow, it THAT your mexi-K?? what the heck happened?[/quote]

Here is the ad, has a starting bid of $9.99, I hope the lucky wiener has it shipped, like to see those pics. A beater reshipped, a thing of beauty!

Thanks,

John
inacoma

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:03 am    

So glad I didn't buy a mexi-k

Man, I'm so glad I didn't buy a mexi-k...got inches close to buying one...phew!!!

Kumar
moosbrth

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:08 pm    

Not my Kamado!

[quote="Porkchop"]
moosbrth! holy cow, it THAT your mexi-K?? what the heck happened?[/quote]

No, found the beast for sale on Ebay, an "ISoldIt" Franchise. They sell things for people that can't figure it out themselves. Somebody probably found it at a moving or garage sale,
that's the way things like this usually get acquired.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAMADO-CERAMIC-GRILL-POD-COOKER-EGG-WOOD-SMOKER_W0 QQitemZ4462539488QQcategoryZ10035QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I originally bought a Kamado from a defunct store called Gemco here in California in about 1969 for $43 retail and I think they were imported by Richard Johnson, so Richard has been in the Kamado biz for a number of years. Too bad he went down hill and ended up making crap in Mexico. One guy can work a crew and make superb stuff and that the same crew and another guy can make crap, it's all in the attitude of the manager. If you don't demand quality and make people feel proud of quality, they make whatever they can get away with.

Anyway, I've been gas barbecuing or burning the meat on a gas CaptnCook from Australia, 12 years old. I finally got really tired of burning stuff and figured I'd look into Kamado again. So, here I am, looking at the best there is as far as I can see.
Curly

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:45 am    

It's my understanding that RJ has been in the ceramic grill business 3 times now. He went under twice, probably for reasons similar to those that made him flee Indonesia. With Dennis in the game now I wonder just how long this third time will keep him in business.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Hall of Shame All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: