Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

The once-mighty KONG...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Hall of Shame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:26 am    

The once-mighty KONG...

nice big crack down the side of the dome. yep, goes all the way thru! what's that under the damper top? TIN FOIL! after the damper rusted open, i had to use tin foil to regulate airflow.

here's a nice shot of the backside. see that square? i think that's where they were gonna port a gas option, and just filled it right in. all those cracks radiating from that port go all the way thru as well. plus, if you look closely, there's a nice big chunk missing at the bottom of the square.

this is from the front of the cooker. you are looking at a crack that originates from the lower band and goes down nearly all the way to the lower draft door. this crack ALSO goes all the way thru.

none of these cracks are "cosmetic" or "spalling". this cooker isn't 20 years old; not 10, not even 5! 4 years old, nothing but lump charcoal and seasoned wood chunks. wait til you see the firebox! it had cracked into several pieces once already. tried to repair with rutland fire cement, but it has cracked again along the same lines. must not have cured it long enough. had to repair it myself because they wouldn't honor their "lifetime warranty".

DO NOT BUY FROM KAMADO.COM!
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:30 am    

Excellent pics porkchop...Reminds me of what a friend of mine said her little girls said once when she picked her up...."Mommy what are all those cracks around your eyes?"

Maybe RJ just considers those to be 'wrinkles'! Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Hall of Shame All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: