Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Now this is what is needed!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:38 am    

Now this is what is needed!

know that i'll probably get roasted on a spit for saying this here, but, to be fair, i must give credit where it's due! so, i applaud LauraJ's post on the mexi-k site concerning previous customer service failings!

Lauraj
Post Number: 163
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 7:19 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
To everyone who has been trying to get a shared pallet to their area:

I would like to extend my sincerest apologizes to everyone that has been trying to work with me to get a pallet shipped to their area. I am very sorry for the way that I have treated everyone; I never meant to provide everyone such horrible service by not returning phone calls or e-mails regarding getting a pallet scheduled. I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that I have caused.

Orlando Pallet: I have sent you each a private message regarding your order.

Ohio Pallet: I sent you a private message regarding a possible order.

Sacramento/Bay Area Pallet: I will have all of the details regarding your order tomorrow and I will be contacting you with them.

To anyone else I have missed, please let me know and I will contact you.

Again, I am so sorry everyone! Your patronage is important to me, and I hope that you’ll continue to give me opportunities to serve you.

Sincerely,
Laura Johnson

and again!!

Hi!

I am very sorry for the lack of response from our office. We are trying very hard to get on track with our orders and status updates...I apologize that things are not moving as quickly as I would like.

Dijan: I replied to your e-mail that I received this afternoon.

Mike_long: I just sent you an e-mail with the status of your Kamado.

BobinVA: You should be (if you have not already) been hearing from Richelle in regards to your shipment that is with Otter & the gang.

Again, I apologize for everything!
Sincerely,
Laura Johnson

first off, i really REALLY hope that for all concerned this doesn't turn out to be another red herring. i think that it is awesome that someone has actually come out and apologized for making mistakes rather than making excuses, or worse, blaming the customer!

secondly, i think that some of the *ahem* deleted posts might have been the impetus for this spate of honesty and personal responsibility evidenced by the above posts. Wink

and finally, just as a reminder, THIS POST is going to remain here for posterity. many on this forum, myself included, keep an eye on the mexi-k forum for developments. i really do want to give laura the benefit of the doubt here, but words alone do not cut it. i'm sure those that finally do receive the benefits of her attentions ie, overdue deliveries, will be quick to report their pleasure on the forum!

no need to thank us Cool
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:21 am    

And might I point out that her first post was 7:10p.m. and her last post 7:25 p.m. So it only required 15 minutes to go online and address issues that have been allowed to fester for quite some time. True, the personal emails took longer, but these issues do not require that much time to address.

Porkchop I might remind you that another facet to the past problems is that when someone would get angry enough from being ignored and voice their opinions verbally on the forum or on their phone line recorder was the defense. They get their feelings hurt and shouldn't have to deal with anyone that is angry and complaining. Evil or Very Mad Then the excuse is you weren't patient, you were rude when we ignored you, and now we don't want to deal with you. Then the forum and everyone turns on you for getting impatient and you end up apoligizing for expecting reasonable customer service. Question

It is clear their number one priority is to take deposits. Not to give out tile samples, not to replace defective components, not to make return phone calls, not to report production delays. Tony said that they sell an average of 100 units a month. So just how many management/admin personnell to they need to take care of this business? How to you justify the owner of this business staying home everyday to do R&D. Rolling Eyes

It is clear their is a poor management model in place. It is clear they are trying to expand the sales source to home shows. I think the forum that once was thier sales tool is now driving away customers. Internet customers are able to read and investigate more (and receive private messages). Home show customers will commit and deposit based on the face to face experience, seeing a pretty BBQ, and tasting a nice treat. Richard's skill is the con after all. Take the wife and daughters on the road and sell a pretty little BBQ and a small family business. You can just picture the Hallmark Card! Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink It just never has enough postage. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Damn....I think I need a Xanax Laughing Laughing
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:04 am    

well, sam, like i said, i'd prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. there ARE other issues besides poor CS, as you have mentioned. there are many that have been straight out bilked by this company. there are many past examples of flagrant disregard for their own promises.

and, of course, i've already mentioned that words are not enough. but, this is the first time i've seen anybody over there TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for anything that has gone wrong. so, while it could be a ploy, i prefer to give the benefit of the doubt, call attention to the statement being made, and HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE for what is being said. so, kudos for having the guts to own up to some mistakes, and hopefully those concerned parties will receive the satisfaction that many many others have been unable to obtain from the same company.

the fact remains that there is a record of the statement, and WILL BE a record of the outcomes of these situations. who knows? if the trend towards honesty and personal responsibility continues over there, might there not be a retroactive windfall for those that have been LONGSUFFERING in their mexi-k-induced trials?

while i sure wouldn't hold my breath on that account, hope springs eternal for some. Also, to be perfectly fair and show that the germ of this forum is not merely venom towards a certain company, but a concern for equity and even-handedness, some small opportunity must be given to mexi-k to turn things around if they truly desire to do so.

that sentiment, of course, is all based on whether or not Laura's posts were genuinely contrite, and not another stalling method. i suppose i've been typically long-winded in order to establish, most of all, that the KFF is capable of being honest in our recording and reporting of the good along with the bad. And, in doing so, help this forum to be regarded as a place of GOOD INFORMATION and not ONLY criticism; to help those that need an unbiased record of mexi-kamado, and not just editorialism. being fair gives as much weight to the criticism as it does to the praise, because people can trust the source and feel confident in acting upon what they learn.

bottom line (i promise), i may not be doing Laura or mexi-k any favors here by posting this. the outcome is up to them!
JasmineFilter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:17 am    

I've seen RJ post apologies before that seem to take responsibility and of course we see it year after year and nothing changes. I doubt this "apology" will turn Kamado customer service around any more than "Tony" did.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:32 am    

"Tony said that they sell an average of 100 units a month."

If that's true, they must miss/lose about 200 more per month. They may take 100 deposits a month, but I doubt they actual sell/deliver more than a dozen.

They took the pricing down, I suspect the worldwide shortage of cement is putting pressure on their bottom line. Laughing Laughing
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:34 am    

jas, that would be a GREAT post or series of posts! if you could post some links to those "admissions" from RJ, and then the following "real world" response, i think that would be huge. i for one don't remember something like this coming from RJ. wouldn't imagine it being a part of his repetoire to admit a personal fault or mistake. but, i would love to see some of them! maybe i'll go hunting on the archives too Very Happy

overall, tho, the point of my post was not to predict. for the record, i would be surprised if anything real did come of it. my point was to give Laura the opportunity to publicly stand (or fail to stand) by her word. my purpose for posting her remarks was to give many here the opportunity to hold her accountable for what she's said.

so, what if she does follow thru? will that invalidate any of those with LONG-STANDING issues with mexi-k? will it give relief to those that have been bilked out of MUCH MORE than a single cooker or a pallet of charcoal? of course not! but her efforts, for good or ill, should be allowed consideration in the overall balance, imo.

as i said, it remains up to her and her daddy's company.
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:36 am    

Quote:
help this forum to be regarded as a place of GOOD INFORMATION and not ONLY criticism; to help those that need an unbiased record of mexi-kamado, and not just editorialism. being fair gives as much weight to the criticism as it does to the praise, because people can trust the source and feel confident in acting upon what they learn.

Porkchop, I agree with this statement. The fact is I have not had a functional issue with my kamado. But I have had a horrendous customer service issue with them that is inexcusable on all levels. There is no excuse or apology that compensates for months and months and months of ignoring messages and emails. And based on all the deleted posts on their forum, many have received the same 'service' I received.

I have been reading that forum about six years now, and the customer service problem has existed the entire time as you well know. We have all seen Richard post numerous admissions through the years that customer service is not what it should be and he is instituting some new rescue plan and asks everyone to give it time. And I know that you and I were both supportive of that at one time. And things never change. Just because he trots Laura out this time to give his message means nothing to me. The proof will be in the pudding. I'm done giving them the benefit of the doubt....they will have to earn it.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:04 am    

sam wrote:
The proof will be in the pudding. I'm done giving them the benefit of the doubt....they will have to earn it.

i agree 100% with this statement. there have been lots of words. actions are required. i look forward to seeing if any are forthcoming. as i said above, i won't hold my breath. past performance, in the case of mexi-k, has proven to be the best indicator of future performance. and while i see an opportunity for Laura to start something good, even if she does what she says, it is only the beginning of what MUST follow.

i guess i cant stress enough how i feel about this particular point. even if she does follow thru on these situations, it is minor in comparison to all the other issues that haven't been addressed and the outright deception that has been practiced in the pursuit of money by this company. MOST IMPORTANTLY, it does not erase the past misdeeds of the company. some might see her posts and say, "see there, how nice she is! those kff folks are just a bunch of cranks!" perhaps that is her aim. some might see her stick to her word THIS TIME and think that it invalidates the troubles others have had. they might start blaming the victims! we've all seen that. I BELIEVE that sometimes, the fear of that sort of thing can keep those of us who have been done wrong from being unbiased.

in other words, if Laura does stick to her word, it doesn't change the fact that I have personally been wronged by this company. i shouldn't be afraid of the fact that she may in fact do the right thing, and, in so doing, give the impression that my claim isn't valid.

clear thinking individuals who go looking into what ceramic cooker to buy will weigh the facts and will consider the source of those facts. they will not use a small success to validate the poor treatment that others have suffered thruout the years like some on the mexi-k forum would do.

they will see it for what it is; a drop in the bucket. and, of course, the results of all this remain to be seen. it would be interesting to see some of the involved parties post (either there, or here if in danger of deletion) their results when all is sorted out. they are where i was; i hope they obtain satisfaction or at least break even. regardless of how it turns out for them doesn't erase the legacy of mistreatment and lies from mexi-k; it is not enough.

but a step can become a walk. even if laura is being genuine, she is only taking a step. but let that step be a step...
curly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:08 am    

sam wrote:

...I have been reading that forum about six years now, and the customer service problem has existed the entire time as you well know...

The customer service was bad from the beginning but it has steadily gotton worse. Shocked Shocked

But RJ has always gotten a lot of mileage out of those 2 daughters, they have been his biggest asset...Debra and his morality are his biggest liabilities Shocked . So, let's see what becomes of this blinding burst of conscience Very Happy. I'll give odds that this is as much a bunch of malarkie as any other time. Let's face it Tony (where is that guy) is supposed to be turning this around...why isn't he at least firing back emails and phone calls immediately to show there's hope?

Sorry Porkchop, there's absolutely no reason to give them the benefit of a doubt...they are way past that. They will have to start paying back those people they ripped off and making good some warranty issues before thay deserve that benefit...a mere email just don't cut it with me Rolling Eyes
eyeswideshut

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:48 am    

curly wrote:
So, let's see what becomes of this blinding burst of conscience Very Happy. :

What a great turn of phrase! You mean that Laura is probably not being genuine at all? What sort of reason could she have for saying such a thing with no intention of backing it up?

I don't know. Sam said that she remembers Richard making similar apologies regarding poor customer service. I seem to remember something about a resource of information, whereby a waiting customer would be able to access his order status and updates on demand. Is Tony maybe still getting trained on this new resource?
curly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:05 pm    

Fetzervalve wrote:
"Tony said that they sell an average of 100 units a month."

If that's true, they must miss/lose about 200 more per month. They may take 100 deposits a month, but I doubt they actual sell/deliver more than a dozen.

They took the pricing down, I suspect the worldwide shortage of cement is putting pressure on their bottom line. Laughing Laughing

100 a year maybe. They may have done 100 month back in the day...dem days is long gone. Words out!

I read somewhere, and this was written by RJ, that they had 8000 units out there of these ceramic tiled thingees. So, that would have taken 6 1/2 years at 100 a month. I'm not sure when they started the tiled thing so if it was in 1999 then I guess as an average, they have done 100 a month, but seriously doubt they are at this point in time.

Did you take a look at that picture of the boneyard? Did it look like 100 a month were going through there? Wouldn't there be K's all over that place in various stages of completion? I'm afraid those are old numbers.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:20 pm    

Quote:
and this was written by RJ, that they had 8000 units out there of these ceramic tiled thingees.

Shocked That would assume the estimate is accurate.Since when do you believe anything RJ says?! Mr. Green
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:38 pm    

WTF?

LJ has posted at least 5 times today - twice she had posted within 11 minutes of the original message.. Somethings up, do you think she has had her user name hacked??
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:19 pm    

eyes wide shut writes
Quote:
Sam said that she remembers Richard making similar apologies regarding poor customer service. I seem to remember something about a resource of information, whereby a waiting customer would be able to access his order status and updates on demand. Is Tony maybe still getting trained on this new resource?

I will look for some of the old announcements (more announcement than apology from Richard).

I also thought he recently announced an order tracking system was to be instituted, but now I can't find that post.
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:50 pm    

An apology from LauraJ June 2005:

Quote:

Lauraj
Post Number: 88
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 1:54 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Dear John,
I sincerely apologize that we do not meet all of our orders by the time that we expect them to be finished. And yes, we do give shipping dates with plenty of time for there to be mis-haps, but you know what, in the process of making the Kamado’s and accessories which are handmade there always seems to be some sort of delay. But John, have we EVER ripped you off???? Or any of our other customers for that matter? The answer is NO we have not!! Sure, we may get your product to you a few weeks or months late, But you ALWAYS get what you have ordered.
But let me tell you this, I do NOT take your order and then sit on my ass all day ignoring e-mails and telephone calls. I work very hard to try to get everyone’s orders together and shipped (BBQ’s, Accessories, Replacement Items, ETC.). But that is not my only responsibility in this office. I know that nobody is concerned with what I have to do or put up with everyday, but I have to answer the phone, reply to e-mails along with which I am the one who orders all of the tile, arranges to get the tile imported, organize each BBQ shipment and I TRY to make accurate shipping schedules which is extremely hard because everyday there is something new that can hold up the shipment, I have to make sure that everyone Kamado’s are tiled or textured, that we have the metal in to make all of the accessories, I also do all of the bookkeeping for our American bank accounts, I have to keep up the all of the bills that our trucking company tries to stick us with, I have to monitor everyone’s invoices and keep up with constant changes, I have to follow up on the BBQ guru manifold’s making sure everyone gets theirs in the right placement, I handle all of the accounts receivable; making sure that everyone gets charges 50%, that we charge them their balance due, that people get their credit’s when they are due, following up when peoples credit cards that are declined. And then there are the accessories that I work EXTREMELY hard to get out; and for one reason or another I just cannot get them out on time. It is not easy for us right now. It is not as easy as it was when we were in Sacramento and could just drive one mile down to UPS and ship it out. Now, we have to import all of our accessories with the Kamado’s, then wait for our next trip up to San Diego (because custom’s does clear our truckloads until after 7pm, and at that time UPS is closed!) we then have to organize all of the accessories and box them up and ship them out. But, that is NOT as easy as it sounds. Especially when we have to take a day off the week to go up and do it; and it is a lot of work and hours!! So, I am sorry if it ends up taking us a few weeks or months longer than expected. We are however working towards making life easier; we just got in over 250 special made boxes here in Ensenada, so we can just box everything up down here and then our truck driver will be able to drop the boxes off at our shipping & receiving place in San Diego, CA and they will UPS everything out for us. But, it will be one more shipment before that is up to speed.
But, I do want to say that I am SORRY that I am not perfect!!!!!!! I am sorry that I too, just like my father even though I try real hard not to be, happen to be an optimist. I do not intentionally not ship someone their item as I said I would, I do not intentionally want to piss people off, I do not intentionally want to frustrate anyone. Nobody knows how much heart I put into this business. I know that I am an emotional person, but when shipments get delayed or things do not work out the way I had planned, I cry!!! Because I instantly think of all the people that I had let down and that are going to be disappointed, I try to do my best at my job and when things go wrong I feel like I failure. So, I get just as frustrated as the customer because not only do we have to hear how disappointed one person is, we have to here it from twenty four other people too.
So, John, the only “secret” to getting your product is trusting that you will get it, sure it will not be shipped out the day that you ordered it, but we will get it to you. I can guarantee that, because we have not gotten where we are today by ripping people off. If you ever took the time to really get to know who works at this company, as many others have, you will know that we are not personally trying to attack you, nor are we trying to rip you off. We truly what you want to be happy and enjoy the wonderful Kamado that you have, but we are not as fast as we would like to be. And for that, I am SORRY! But, I can’t say that we are NOT trying to improve ourselves.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: