Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

AlanZ
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:54 pm    

AlanZ

AlanZ wrote:
It's simple... the forum is not the place for support issues and resolutions.

Alan,
The sad fact is, it appears the forum is the ONLY place for support issues and resolutions. All other avenues seem completely ineffectual. The Johnsons and their cronies are going to either have to sit by their delete buttons 24/7 or they're going to have to make their site more secure so that only happy customers can post or they're going to have to radically change their business model if they don't want the mounting piles of complaints aired on their forum.

AlanZ wrote:
This forum is what it is. Regardless of people's agendas, it will not become something else. I know that people get frustrated (me included)... but it doesn't matter. This simply is not the place to vent.

The forum is what it is, only because you have condoned what the Johnson's have made it.

You took the forum over at a very different time, when the large majority of hostile posts were from people with no intention of purchasing a Johnson kamado.

You made the forum very secure from those sorts. For years, little dissension was seen from non customers.

BUT, somewhere, along the line, the Johnsons recognized that considerable dissension and bad press was arising from their dissatisfied customers. So the "rules" were created. In a nutshell, only friends of the Johnsons and the kamado community were permitted. Only favorable posts were permitted*. Mere ownership of a $1000 cooker did not qualify anyone to share their tales of woe.

With Shocked nary a peep Shocked from you??????

Suddenly folks with very serious delivery/warranty/support/and parts issues were told to take their complaints elsewhere.

But there was nowhere else. Phones were not answered. Messages disappeared. Letters were not returned. Emails were ignored by the thousands. Folks stayed home to receive products that were supposedly shipped but never left the warehouse! There was always some glitch or some irrational customer at fault. No other avenue consistently yields timely results. So of course, rules be damned, disatisfied customers took their complaints back to the forum that sold them from the beginning. Maybe they hope to force the company to redress their wrongs by bringing them to the light of the day or maybe they have written off their loss and just hope to give others pause before buying into the hype.

Regardless, when that policy became enforced, you should have taken your nice toy and gone home with it. The Johnson's and their business are not worthy of your forum or your continued efforts. Your continued presence there just helps dupe more people into making a purchase that does not match the hype spewed on the forum.

I had a paragraph here suggesting you give the Johnson's an ultimatum to publicly clean up their act by finally implementing the long promised tracking system** and applying it to outstanding grievances as well, but who am I kidding?

Either all Hell would break loose and the business model would radically change and the company, employees, and customers would be far better for it, but, Nah... the Johnsons would tell you to kiss their asses.

At which time, you too will realize what the rest of us have, that they're truly not worthy of your support, patronage, and efforts.

Then you could come share all your dirt with us here Razz Razz Razz

Okay, I've gone too far.

*Actually not entirely true, the archives are full of unfavorable posts, but that's not in the spirit of glasnost, it's just a sign of incompetent censorship

**An outrageous demand but probably the company's only hope for survival given it's track record. The high demand for its nearest competitor's more expensive products would not even exist if the Johnsons had consistently fulfilled their promises.
missing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:31 pm    

Bravo Bravo Bravo

Excellent, post and review of the always and ever present suckup AlanZ. A better sycophant could not be found for a company.

Nothing will change the Johnsons. I am not a betting man, money is way to hard to come by for this old chunk of coal, but that is one bet i may take. Only way to change the Johnsons is with a blowtorch, pliers and a whip.

They can go thru people like AlanZ and the rest like water, as long as the bottom line stays the bottom line. Keep the money coming in at all costs. Find a way to stop the Money Train, and the Johnsons may get religion and change. Untill then, just the status Quo.

Thank you to the "The Spanker" a post with no fence riding involved.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:33 pm    

Oops, you took my post the wrong way, Mr. Missing.

I feel very sorry for AlanZ. When I was a kid I loaned a friend a slingshot I made and was very proud of it. He used it to break the head and tail lights on my Dad's car. My parents never found out but I never got over the betrayal.

I know exactly how Alan must feel. I hope with encouragement, he might sever his ties to the forum so that his forum doesn't hurt anyone else.
missing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:57 pm    

I understood your intent, but this is how i feel

the spanker,
i have had interaction with the AlanZ in the past. i am still not impressed. He can play that game all he wants, i dont buy it. When the kamado was purchased it was with a lifetime warranty, not some warranty that i had to repair and live with a substandard product. crappy customer service would be a lot more tolerable if the kamado functioned as purchased, but that is not the case.

i still feel the same way, he is just a shill for the johnsons, and he can run that game on somebody else. it would be one thing if he just found out that the johnsons are crappy people and business owners, but he has been around since i bought my kamado, and he has defended them. that is the thing, you cant ride that fence, one has to pick a side. that is all he is doing, is sounding like he empathizes with djian ( i may have name incorrect) when he is trying to play both sides, still a friend to the group and still the johnsons boy. they can talk about following the forum rules all they want, but the fact remains, the johnsons dont follow any of the rules they offer with their products. i see some things and situations in the world in a very black and a very white view. sorry if you feel i viewed your post in the incorrect light.

i can only hope your friend with the slingshot repaired your parents car. to me that sounds like he put you in a crack and knew it when he damaged your parents car.
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:33 pm    

Wow, I am really disappointed at this AlanZ post!

Rlawson
Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 8:55 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Thank You!

I just read the following in the “letters” section of our local rag, the Lafayette Journal & Courier and thought it bore repeating today. It was a letter from a Mr. Joe Bell Sr. of Lafayette, IN. In his letter he wrote: “When asked by one of his parliament members why he believes so much in America, British Prime Minister Tony Blair said: “A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in and how many want out.” Then Mr. Bell wrote; “Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. One is Jesus Christ and the second is the American G.I. One died for your soul – the other died for your freedom.”

Sanny
Post Number: 198
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 5:40 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
7 American heroes parachuted into Weihsien, China, and liberated my mother (and 1500 other prisoners) from a Japanese concentration camp in August 1945. Each volunteered for the mission, not knowing if they would find a hostile Japanese army, or not. Thanks, indeed!

Alanz
Post Number: 1085
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 3:33 pm:

The Kamado forum really isn't the place for religious, political or non Kamado related threads. Please find another discussion forum for these topics.

Thanks
Gerard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:52 pm    

Bah, it's his forum. If he doesn't want a bunch of off topic stuff, no matter how compelling and no matter how much such posts contribute to the sense of community on competitor's forums, that's his right. A much uglier political or religious sentiment could get expressed and the website could easily turn into a pissing contest.

But I think the spanker is onto something.... I bet AlanZ never dreamed his website and forum would someday be perverted into something to protect the Johnson's from their customers.

I seriously doubt that's what he signed on for. No wonder he's touchy about the seemingly trivial stuff.
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:54 pm    

Yeah, but that is in the campfire section which is for off topic subjects.
Gerard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:08 pm    

Oh, didn't know they had an off topic area. I still stand by my statement.... I bet he's having lots of regrets over what his beloved forum has become.
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:09 pm    

I am not the only one!

Bobh
Post Number: 181
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 5:16 pm:

Talk about the grinch! Alan, it is or was the veterans day holiday, or celebration period this weekend. I would think that the Johnson's, especially Mr Johnson himself, with his history of time in the east would have been appreciative of the sentiments. I am heavy hearted tonight by your IMO heavy handedness. Of course, YOU are in charge, but it is my opinion that YOU should remove your own post in this case.
curly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:31 pm    

Maybe it was him striking out at Sanny, cause she posts at KK more than K. Dude, he has stock, nobody can defend them like he does and know as much about how crooked they are and not have a sizable investment. AlanzJ

I agree with DoubleIPA, that was a slimey comment to make, but he seems to be a Johnson now so it's to be expected I guess Confused
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:41 pm    

I just cannot believe he would stoop so low as to say those were inappropriate comments to make on Veterans Day weekend. AlanZ is a slimy un-American turd in my book!
Nerka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:09 pm    

I have a funny feeling this will get deleted so might as well share it with the whole world before it is gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------
Forumnazi
Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 5:29 pm:

AlanZ wrote:

The Kamado forum really isn't the place for religious, political or non Kamado related threads. Please find another discussion forum for these topics.

Hmmm.... the byline on the Kampfire main page states: The Kampfire is a place to sit around and chat. So, grab a plate full of beans, and speak up!

I guess we have to add Alan's disdain for the military to the other items that can't be discussed on this forum including:

Where the hell is my K?
Why is my K three months late?
Why won't anyone answer/return/acknowledge my calls/emails/messages?
When is the promised East Coast DC opening?
What ever happened to Tony and KamadoAtlanta?
When is the promised container of charcoal coming to the southeast/northeast/midwest?
Why is my K shedding tiles like a snake's skin?
Why hasn't service improved over the past 4 years?
Does Richard pay his bills?
Why does it seem that Kamado is run by complete idiots that either care not what their customer's experience is or are completely oblivious to how pathetic their customer support is?
Isn't anyone getting any good sex? Actually, this is allowed; ask Deborah

Nerka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:17 am    

Yep poof it was gone this morning. I have a funny feeling that the whole thread will go up in smoke next. Still there is this nice post in the thread that I think people would like to remember.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
Rlawson
Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 9:39 pm:
OK, now I am confused and getting to the point where I no longer care, but so I can get this correct. It's OK to wish a Johnson happy birthday, sell a hand made pepper mill for Christmas (a religious holiday), or list my non Kamado related hobbies on this forum but somehow showing appreciation to people that have offered to give up their life so we may enjoy the life and freedoms we enjoy is over the line?

I think perhaps I don’t belong here. How small.

Nerka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:42 am    

I just clicked on the Alanz profile link and got this, which to me is interesting.

Quote:
Interests: prestidigitation, cooking, motorcycling, knifemaking, k*'ing, other 'ings

Now an online dictionary defines prestidigitation as this.

Quote:
pres·ti·dig·i·ta·tion (prst-dj-tshn)
n.
1. Performance of or skill in performing magic or conjuring tricks with the hands; sleight of hand.
2. A show of skill or deceitful cleverness.

I find that humorous. Very Happy
curly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:41 am    

Nerka wrote:
I just clicked on the Alanz profile link and got this, which to me is interesting.

Quote:
Interests: prestidigitation, cooking, motorcycling, knifemaking, k*'ing, other 'ings

Now an online dictionary defines prestidigitation as this.

Quote:
pres·ti·dig·i·ta·tion (prst-dj-tshn)
n.
1. Performance of or skill in performing magic or conjuring tricks with the hands; sleight of hand.
2. A show of skill or deceitful cleverness.

I find that humorous. Very Happy

You really need to be good at sleight of hand and deceitful cleverness to be connected with that company...that's probably what they found on his resume that made them hire him. I know, I know, he says he's not an employee....whatever Confused
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: