Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Band-Aide

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:26 am    

Band-Aide

Those K's are a pain. Brand new, already needs a gasket. Folks have to do a band adjustment in order to cook their first meal. How does he keep selling those cookers?

http://www.kamado.com/discus/messages/3/33475.html?1163961383
foxhound

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:23 am    

This post indicates the cheap fixes the Kompany uses. Makes you wonder what else they substitute to save $$$. I realize cost-cutting is needed to hold onto shrinking profits, but RJ's greates cost cutting is not paying his vendors. Shocked

rockdawg wrote:
Quote:

Rockdawg
Post Number: 162
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 1:23 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Laura (I think) gave me the same advice when I asked about what to do with my gasket that had come unglued. While the official line was to use hi temp silicone, she informed me (correctly) that any $2 tube from the supermarket will do.
foxhound

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:01 pm    

Now He Tells Them

After all the stuck damper cases RJ now announces his solution that he has had all the time!

[quote]Collar for Damper Top Rod
Kamado Discussion Forum » Kamado News » Collar for Damper Top Rod « Previous Next »

Richardj
Post Number: 2300
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 6:50 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Collar

We have a Damper Top “collar” that contains the “triangle”, or “spider” as some call it, with the nut welded on the triangle that receives the Damper Top rod. We used this for our Custom tile Kamados in the late 1990’s and early 2000 ( “Custom tile is the larger hand made tile which has been discontinued for now). The collar fits on the outside of the neck and there are no rods that are embedded in the ceramic walls. This collar and triangle are all made from stainless steel and the collar is the same width and thickness as the band material which is 1 ˝ inches wide and 1/8th inch thick.

This collar can replace the present system for those who have a “stuck” or “frozen” Damper Top (even though we are rarely unable to loosen a stuck damper). We supply the kit and it is an easy installation. The price is $50.00 plus shipping from Nevada, however they are made at our factory in Indonesia. We make them for all size Kamados.

For those who are ordering new Kamados or those have not been shipped from the factory we can install this system in place of the present system for $50.00.

The picture shows the custom #7 and the mosaic #7 with the collar being installed at the factory.

Please email me for more information. Richard.

Quote:
Nerka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:19 am    

When I first saw this picture on the K forum I thought it was faked.

Now the more I look at it the more I'm sure it is fake. I'm not sure the product even exists but in the mind of RJ. Can anyone tell if the other pictures really prove that it does exist?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:22 am    

That's not a photo. That's some sort of CAD rendering, i.e. a graphic drawing. Notice how the central nut has no threads? Of course, without threads, the damper top wouldn't get stuck, would it, LMAO! No, that is a drawing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: