Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Someone deleted this last post today

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:32 pm    

Someone deleted this last post today

The following thread is more of the great stuff from the kompany. The last post by payyourbills has been deleted. I wonder why?

============================================= 
Kamado_oc
Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 7:07 pm:   

We have some charcoal for sale as well as all Kamado products-in orange county,ca
see our link at Kamado.com for all contact info.

Honeyboy
Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 9:44 am:   

I finally got a reply about charcoal from the new Kamado office in Orange County, CA. I am not sure the Charcoal is worth it at the "new" price. What do you think???? Here is the communication:

Currently Kamado is changing the price of charcoal.
Kamado and all its districuters are selling a box for
$14.99 plus freight. if you buy 2 or more pallets (90
boxes per pallet) the cost would be $9.99 per box plus
freight.

Kamado OC
>

Richardj
Post Number: 2126
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 11:30 am:   

Honeyboy, for your and others information WE, the Kamado Company, will be posting OUR new January 2007 retail pricing shortly. This will include the price of all Kamado products including freight charges. Our wholesale or quantity pricing can be obtained by contacting sales@kamado.com. To obtain DISTRIBUTOR pricing and delivery information please, as you have done here, contact the distributor for their pricing and freight information.

We have Kamado Extruded Coconut in our warehouse in San Diego ready to be shipped anywhere outside of Southern California. Within Southern California our Charcoal is also available in Orange County through Kamado OC at whatever price they set.

Our annual Christmas sale will be announced in the next few days, so please stay tuned as you might want to take advantage of these savings.

Honeyboy
Post Number: 112
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 2:23 pm:   

Richard,

If you look back on the posts, I have been trying to contact your company since last May to order Charcoal. Nothing, zip, nada.....I hate to communicate with you on the forum like this but there seems to be no other way to get a hold of you or yours. Calls are not returned, emails are ignored etc.....Please, don't get me wrong...I still LOVE the Kamado and use it weekly. I love the customer service less so.....

I would be happy to buy the charcoal from you in San Diego but I cant get you to sell it to me. What do I need to do? Laura wrote she was going to contact each one of us about the order and never did........Help me here.....I hate to have to beg...but............how do I actually get you to send me charcoal? I was told the price is $11/box last May. Is it going up? Are you ready to ship yet? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Mason

Richardj
Post Number: 2127
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 4:25 pm:   

Mason, we have Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal in our warehouse in San Diego and we are shipping individual charcoal orders every week day. I do not know for sure, but I believe we were trying to consolidate your charcoal with a group of customers that will allow a lesser freight rate and or enough orders that we might use our own truck to Northern California. We evidently get bogged down in getting all the customers together to consolidate their orders. While consolidation is a great idea to save shipping, it has overwhelmed us and we suggest that you call or email any of us and tell us how many boxes you would like and we will give you the total charge with shipping. As I mentioned earlier, we will soon post our 2007 price lists so there will be no confusion as to pricing.

Honeyboy
Post Number: 113
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   

Richard,

Thank you. I will wait for the new pricing and contact you again after that. I do know of others who do want some charcoal in the Bay area. I will contact them and try to combine our orders for you.
Mason

Tania
Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 9:31 pm:   

I, too, got the same answer form the new "distributor".
"Charcoal is $14.99 per box plus freight. if you buy 2 or more pallets (90 boxes per pallet) the cost per box
is$9.99 plus freight.

Kamado OC"

Not exactly sure what IS going on here, as the self-service price from the SD location was $7.99 when I last bought earlier this year, and a tank of gas does NOT cost that much! Richard, are you not offering your new distributors correctly discounted wholesale pricing that would enable them to make a profit without making the end-user pay an almost double price plus freight? While none of us mind paying a fair "convenience" up-charge in OC -- an almost doubled price PLUS FREIGHT is hardly acceptable. It IS good charcoal.... but not at the price. They did not even answer my basic question as to what they had on hand -- and what varieties... which is what I was interested in. I certainly would like the convenience of running over to Anaheim or whereever they are and just picking something up.

Is the SD location still viable and stocked?

Richardj
Post Number: 2128
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 10:22 pm:   

Tania, the best answer as to "what IS going on here" is we are shortly establishing OUR pricing for next year. This new pricing will clearly enable you to decide on the value of this charcoal. We can not set a price for a distributor, legally or otherwise. The value to a customer or the distributor's expenses is a little out of our control.

At this time, we do have various types of charcoal in San Diego. I understand Kamado OC is picking up a couple more of pallets of KEC that will be available in Anaheim.

I might mention that I am excited to announce that we are continuing to bring in our Kamado Lump Charcoal which is primarily of Tamarind wood. It has been since 2002 that we have been unable to this very special charcoal. You might search for "Tamarind" on this forum for comments on this product.

While any charcoal is hardly a profit center or anything that resembles the core of our business, we do want to provide the best charcoal for the best barbeque cooker.

Brianw
Post Number: 1381
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   

<<if>>

And I'm sure that storing 180 boxes of charcoal is not much of a problem for most of us, so THAT'S certainly a practical offer.

If this is what the "distributor" model produces, it's not working. I will not be paying $17 or $18 a box (or more), including freight, for charcoal any time soon (let's just assume I also will not be buying 180 boxes at a time any time soon, as well).

Tania
Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 6:14 am:   

Richard -- my benchmark for charcoal has always been in the neighborhood of 50 cent a lb -- plus whatever it cost to get it. Anyone else feel free to chime in! It is, after all, cooking fuel... I think all we are asking is that you do not succumb to the "goose that laid golden eggs" syndrome and kill off a nice portion of your business by over-pricing. We like the charcoal, it works well, but I am not sure anyone feels that it is worth almost $1/lb before shipping.

Trishc
Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 8:04 am:   

Tania...this is a clear example of the free enterprise system and the process that opens the doors for competition. If you don't do it very well and reasonably, someone else might seize the opportunity.

If this is how they price the charcoal, just think about the BBQ's I'm not sure how much volume they will sell, but in Orange County there are a lot of people who spend lots of money!

Johnnyboy
Post Number: 355
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 8:22 am:   

It isn't worth $15 a box for me sitting at the west coast; I still have to add .50 a pound ($8 per box) just to get it here.

I'd also worry about stockpiling 180 boxes; I stockpiled about 40 boxes (in a humidity controlled area), and now less than 6 months later I'm opening moldy boxes.

Richardj
Post Number: 2129
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 11:19 am:   

The price of our KEC charcoal we have presently in our warehouse in San Diego is $7.99 a box FOB San Diego. As I mentioned above WE will soon set the price for January 2007. WE will not set the price for a distributor and NO distributor will set our price. Our price is what it cost us to make the charcoal, bring it in and a very minimum "profit". Not surprising our costs on the next containers will be a little more. In any case, we must be able to provide the our charcoal at the lowest margin possible which in turn will allow for inland shipping and still be competitive with lesser quality charcoal. I do not subscribe to the suggestion that customers will pay ANYTHING for the best. I like the best for less, within reason, of course.

Sorry for the confusion. Richard

Payyourbills
Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 4:20 am:   

Too funny! Just another broken promise, screw job, snafu, apology, excuse, (insert lame explanation here) from Kamado!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: