Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Oh My! How can this be?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:00 am    

Oh My! How can this be?

Quote:
Thepidler
Post Number: 273

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 3:01 am:

Update - I spoke with Laura last night. Appears that the container of Koal is just now being loaded. They are expecting 20+ days on the water. So we're looking at ~the end of May before it arrives - bummer. That's if customs doesn't hold it up any.

So, may as well sit back, relax and enjoy a few cold ones...

Bbq_foley
Post Number: 30

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 5:14 am:

Now the container has just left overseas? What happen to the April 15 and being in customs??? See Dallas post.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Nerka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:04 am    

Yep the charcoal was promised to be in the US port on April 15. I think someone has a truth problem. I wonder how long they can keep people waiting for that stuff to come in before they give up?
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:03 pm    

The drama continues...

...no charcoal in over a year. Patience, everyone, patience. Oh yeah, how many have paid in advance?

Quote:

Sigmore
Associate Member
Post Number: 21

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 7:45 am:

That's the reason I bailed out back in 10/06. I did'nt wait that long to get married. It's been a year and six months, no coal yet.

Sigmore
Associate Member
Post Number: 22

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 7:56 am:

OOPS! My bad. It's only been a year and two months. Sorry.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bbq_foley
Post Number: 31

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 11:31 am:

Same here. I guess that is why there is not as many people placing orders for this imaginary charcoal. I wonder if this order will ship before or after last year's order?

Bbq_foley
Post Number: 32

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 11:32 am:

Has Daytona received any charcoal?

Thepidler
Post Number: 276

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 12:35 pm:

It's not imaginary my friend - cooked with it just last night - unfortunately, it takes a little planning to get it...

Order it and then continue to use what you use 'till it comes in. The time is going to pass anyway - may as well pass with your name on the list.

Bbq_foley
Post Number: 33

Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 5:39 am:

Planning? The order started on 2/08/06. We could build a bridge to the charcoal faster than the boat can get here.

What's The Piddler cooking on? Two-year-old moldy CEL? Keep him off the carpet, please.

Rolling Eyes
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:42 pm    

Admin wrote:

What's The Piddler cooking on? Two-year-old moldy CEL? Keep him off the carpet, please.

Rolling Eyes

At one time, Sir Piddler showed some promise. See his three 12/8 posts in this thread: http://www.kamado.com/discus/messages/1/6068.html. But now his head is buried so far up Johnson butt I don't see how he can reach the keyboard.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:52 am    

WOW!

Classic thread, thanks Spanks!

I love the part where Laura_J says

Quote:
"We are apathetic to your thoughts on our "bad" customer service and will take great consideration on improving the "root problem"."

And the Piddler cancelled his order! How on earth did they reel him back in?

Ah well.

Rolling Eyes
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:00 am    

You gotta be fracking kidding me...

News Flash - This Just In:
Quote:

Charcoal Shipments Delayed
Kamado Discussion Forum » The Koal Mine » News »

Richardj
Post Number: 2182

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 2:41 pm:

I would like to share the nightmare of getting your charcoal to you and the details of why the delay, that is if you can stand to wade through them. Up till today, each day has been unresolved and scheduled vessels have refused loading.

Both of our KEC and Lump charcoal container shipments were stopped by all ocean shipping lines. We understand the reason is some “dangerous goods” containers caught fire on board a vessel in route to Europe, we understand that the containers were NOT charcoal. As a result of this we have been required to re-submit our Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS); provide a “Self Heating Certificate” and then reload the containers following the strict Vanning Survey procedures listed below:

[The “Vanning Survey Certificate consist below information needed please provide it
Vanning survey certificate confirming that:
a) Cargo is packed in accordance with IMDG Code.
b) Packaging should be impervious to air & in good condition, & must not be torn.
c) Temperature of cargo should not be more than 5 degree C above the ambient temp
d) There should be no burning smell or presence of smoke during vanning
e) Void space of 30 cm must be left on top of cargo & at door end to assist fire fighting.

The vanning survey certificate to be submitted for every shipment (B/L lot) and every vessel/voyage
and in addition to ""(b)"" the following details to be included:
a) Total number and size of containers
b) Container numbers
c) Seal numbers against respective container numbers
d) Date of vanning of each container
Loading on alliance vessel is allowed no earlier than 7 days after the date of vanning. ]

These time consuming and expensive procedures have been completed and our first containers have been moved to port. While it is not much comfort, all charcoal shippers are affected by this event.

Most of you know the history or classification of charcoal. Just in case, I will review this again. Charcoal has been classified as “Dangerous Goods” supposedly because when the charcoal gets wet, it spontaneously combusts. At least this is the reason given. We know when charcoal gets wet; we can not even light it, let alone cause spontaneous combustion. It is my understanding that the fire in these containers were of “self light” type which does seem possible in certain conditions. However, I do not know but we are doing everything we can to learn more about the charcoal involved or even if charcoal was involved. There are also classifications within the category of Dangerous Goods. Our charcoal is on the safer end and might have to be classified higher in DG’s. We do not know at this time but a LOT of producers are working on this problem at this time and we expect the classification be determined “shortly”. I am sure it will not be a less expensive classification.

For those who might be interested in the movement of our charcoal I will give you a little information. First, our charcoal is produced in remote locations (middle of nowhere). KEC and Lump are produced in different locations, but both are in the tropic zones. The charcoal is trucked and boxed in another location or warehouse and then containerized and trucked to nearest port which are smaller container ports. The charcoal containers are then loaded on a “feeder” container ship and taken to a large container port (usually Singapore) where the containers are loaded on huge container ships to major ports around the world. Feeder container ships are most often not the same company as the final shipping line. Each shipping line has their own rules and regulations in addition to international rules. Our shipments require that we must have both lines feeder and final container ship accept our cargo. At this time we are securing this authorization through our present shipping agents and others. We have shipped many containers of charcoal safely and I am afraid our safety records mean nothing.

We are still producing charcoal with the optimistic and realistic view that our flow of charcoal will continue. We will continue to accept orders and market the charcoal through our present sales team. I suggest that you review what your charcoal consumption over a reasonable long period of time to avoid running out like most of us are right now. We have not or will not charge any credit card until the charcoal arrives but be sure to get your order in. We will do everything we can to expedite the arrival and keep you informed by something a lot better than the temptation to say…. “Charcoal will be here when it arrives”.

All of us here and at out charcoal factory sincerely appreciate the understanding of our loyal Kamado customers and especially all our Charcoal Kaptains that are sharing with us this frustration.

Richard

Oh, well that explains everything. Whew!

Wink
Nerka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:59 am    

Could we find out what they are putting in the cool-aid over there and add it to the recipe section? Smile That seems to be the only way Thepidler could have done a 180° turn like that. I wonder what story they will spin when the ship doesn't come in by June 1st?
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:27 am    

Nerka wrote:
I wonder what story they will spin when the ship doesn't come in by June 1st?

"PIRATES"

heh heh

Laughing
DoubleIPA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:03 am    

It would have been a much shorter post if RJ would have just said, "Hey, we keep fucking all our suppliers and not paying them. So it is taking us a while to find someone to send us charcoal for free now!".
DavidS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:33 pm    

OH MY GOD:
I tried to order some once. No answer to my e-mails or calls. Ordered some Wicked Good Comp blend. That worked very well, now us Royal Oak.
Its just WILD that people would pay that much and wait SOOOOOOOOOOOO
long for their charcoal. MUST BE THE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Santana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:50 am    

I know him because I've been following his talks in his forum.

RJ talks really big, once, he was talking to his customer in the forum that he was in China doing some negotiation with the new factory or something, then a minute later he wrote me and told me by email that he was in mexico opening a new factory.

God this guy is an artist. He talks really big, pretending that he knows everything, actually NOT, he asks others when his customers ask some 'hard question' (like how the production, etc).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: