Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Has hell frozen over
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:20 pm    

Has hell frozen over

This post had me laughing today....those people in Chicago might be getting some of the old lump...

Quote:
Consolidating Chicago Area Pallet
Kamado Discussion Forum » The Koal Mine » News » Consolidating Chicago Area Pallet « Previous Next »

Richelle_j
Associate Member
Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 3:55 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hello everyone,

I am consolidating a Kamado Charcoal pallet order for the Chicago area and I would like you to join in the purchase. The more boxes the better, of course, to save shipping costs. There are three types of charcoal available which are Kamado Extruded Coconut (KEC), Kamado Lump (Tamaraind) and Extruded Hardwood.

I have emailed information to our Kamado customers in the Chicago area and look forward to your emailing me at sales@kamado.com with your questions and interest.

Thanks, Richelle

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:34 am    

Will this guy get the Ban-Hammer?

Quote:
Harlanhu28
Associate Member
Post Number: 11

Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 9:04 am:

I do agree with the the review by the naked whiz... My last 10 boxes I had bought had mold, and broke apart quite easily.. The KEC provided a very high ash production... No one can tell me that the first KEC was made exactly the same way that the last boxes i bought were.... I have seen it for myself its like comparing a Cadillac to a Yugo...

I bought my first order of KEC mostly because of TNW first review.. I am not rich.. So KEC that is bought and shipped is quite an investment.. When that product is moldy and soft it leaves a bad taste in my gut.. I have shipped in B&B since..

Razz
curly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:07 am    

Wow,

Even Alanz agrees that there is an abundance of ash...but even though they call it ashless...he seems to think that since he does not display it in his living room...it's OK Rolling Eyes

I don't think Brisketboy has a future over there.

Kool-aide Kool-aide, taste's great.
Wish I had some, can't wait Very Happy

=============================

Alanz
Post Number: 1147
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:12 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
The batch I got from the last shipment was dry, no mold at all.
I do agree that it did leave more ash than the shipment of two years ago.

Aside from the increased ash, the charcoal burned just fine. No problems at all.

Didn't I read somewhere recently that Richard has changed the formulation in the last couple of weeks to bring it back to the original formula? I prefer the old formula... but hey... it's charcoal... I'm going to burn it up, not display it in my living room <s>

=============================

Brisketboy
Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 2:44 am:

But Alanz according to Kamado's own charcoal website, http://www.tropicalcharcoal.com/ , the product is being promoted and sold as being ASHLESS making this more than a minor issue.
Knotter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:12 am    

Oh boy; with comments like that I can't imagine brisketboy lasting too long over there.

He'll be here before you know it.
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:43 am    

lynn0lynn raises some interesting points:

[/quote]

Lynn0lynn
Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 8:21 am:

Maybe being new I don't understand. Wouldn't you expect the charcoal to be a far superior product if you were going to go through what appears on this forum to be a troubled process and pay considerably more than what you could obtain similar product for locally? I get that it is charcoal and it is going to burn, but why bother ordering this product when you can get charcoal that will burn from local Wal-marts and hardwares. What am I missing? I am willing to look for, and pay for quality when I can't find it locally, but I do expect it to be what is promised, marketed and labelled. I frequently shop on the internet, but I do respect the customer comments in the absence of my own personal experience. The whole internet shopping process is about trust, reliability, and customer service. I gotta say Alan, based on your observations I would not be willing to spend extra money and go through the hassle to buy a product that is historically inconsistent in quality. I would be more receptive to gambling a couple of boxes at a time if shipping weren't in the equation. Just my opinion, but maybe I don't get it.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:48 am    

oh, she gets it alright! perfectly summarized and logical assessment of the situation. kamado should cut her a check for taking the trouble to post what so many other "window shoppers" are thinking but just not bothering to say. the only people really talking are RJ's "yes-men" and us "firebrands". from the back-and-forth she has distilled the essence of the situation.

hope it stays up for awhile!
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:03 am    

Yeah...looking at previous posts by lynn0lynn he/she has made previous attempts to inquire on the legitimacy of Kamado OC. Appears to be a careful consumer....I doubt he/she will be fooled.
foxhound

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:19 am    

I have been in communication with Lynn0lynn from the Kamado forum and he/she has had her account suspended. It appears they don't like too many questions regarding their new lump scam.

It seems to me that if they intended to stand behind this product they would offer double the money back or a credit for the $15 sample fee if an order is placed. They are talking about shipping direct from Indonesia to Chicago....fat chance the product will be the same as the sample anyway. Bait and switch.
greggd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:15 am    

chicago order and getting booted off the kamado forum

The Chicago order is not "oversubscribed" as far as I can tell. They did a solicitation of everyone on their forum from the Chicago area. I ignored the first contact and responded to the second with a particularly vitriolic note telling them my true feelings. Since it was not on the public forum, I have not yet been banned.

I have been following this site for about a year with relative objectivity (difficult... believe me). It seems to me that you guys have won the war. RJ and ilk just don't know it yet. I have noticed some of the most stalwart Kool aid drinkers have stopped posting over there. It seems like total traffic is down and Kamado is relegated to PO boxes and foreign sweatshops. Keep up the good work. This guy and some of his misguided acolytes deserve it.
curly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:46 pm    

Re: chicago order and getting booted off the kamado forum

greggd wrote:
... It seems to me that you guys have won the war...

If so it's only because he's about 98 years old and getting tired...but don't give up on his kinfolk. This family is mutli-generational flim-flam griftin gypsies...they'll not give up the fight easy. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:46 am    

Welcome,

Greggd, nice to have you here.

Wink
foxhound

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:30 am    

Greggd...It is a good thing they ignored you on the charcoal order. Evidently it wasn't worth the money, and certainly not worth the hassle. I am glad (but still angry over the way I was treated) they ignored my order for a K7 so long. Now I have a better BBQ. I would point out that the daughters are as corrupt as the parents and fully participate in the lying, and stalling.
foxhound

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:40 am    

Dumb and Dumber

BrianW is so full of shit he gets a Dumb and Dumber award. He clearly is sneaking extra kool-aid.

Brianw
Post Number: 1545
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 8:23 pm:

This isn't exactly like calling up a factory in Des Moines and saying, "Make me another thousand widgets just like the last batch." It's a LONG supply chain, from here to places where concepts of quality control, consistency, etc. may be very different and/or very hard to monitor and maintain. Nobody would doubt that Richard sets the specs, and that they're stringent. Could somebody, somewhere, when Richard isn't standing over him, say, "You know, if we burned this stuff for 8 hours less we'd make another buck, and who's going to know the difference?" Yes. Would Richard strangle this person if he caught him? Absolutely.

Harlanhu28
Associate Member
Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 9:52 pm:

Brian i respectfully disagree... Richard knew the CEL had mold problems and shipped it anyway... You are always responsible for the product that you sell under your name... And for Richard to try to trash TNW guy for doing a fair test Is reprehensible.. Kamado had a Superior product a few years ago but, not at all anymore.. I spent hundreds of dollars for moldy trash that clogs us my K... How would you feel.. Then when i called about the mold i left 10 messages for his wife and no call backs.. The day and age when you can say the problem is w/ the people that make it for me is over... Its your name your product your profit you take responsibility... RJ has been importing products to long to play the If i knew card... So I'm not telling people not to buy the CEL... This is just my story..

Duk
Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 8:54 am:

Amen to that

Rickh
Post Number: 181
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 9:25 am:

I'll echo Syz, on the Whiz, density, and cost issues. And I will be ordering more CEL, since my hoard is depleting to the critical stage.
curly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:19 pm    

Re: Dumb and Dumber

sam wrote:
Brianw
Post Number: 1545
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 8:23 pm:

This isn't exactly like calling up a factory in Des Moines and saying, "Make me another thousand widgets just like the last batch." It's a LONG supply chain, from here to places where concepts of quality control, consistency, etc. may be very different and/or very hard to monitor and maintain. Nobody would doubt that Richard sets the specs, and that they're stringent. Could somebody, somewhere, when Richard isn't standing over him, say, "You know, if we burned this stuff for 8 hours less we'd make another buck, and who's going to know the difference?" Yes. Would Richard strangle this person if he caught him? Absolutely.

Ahhhhh, I think RJ actually said that...maybe Debra strangled him for not saying it sooner or something. Rolling Eyes

And yes, there are people that will pay ANY price for some things. The koolaide is free though, please have another small cup. Believe me, at a Kamado fest, all the free koolaide you could drink Rolling Eyes

[/img]
curly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:37 pm    

I think what actually happens is that after you finish one of those tiny cups of kool aide, they are able to then sell you a bag of tiles and some grout, and tell you to go home and put them on the cup and you will have a wonderful ceramic cooker Rolling Eyes

Yeah, seriously, it's some good stuff. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: