Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Still optimistic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishcabin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:07 pm    

Still optimistic

I placed an order w/ a 50% down payment in Jan '07.....haven't heard from them since. I did leave a voicemail message and email this week. I am hoping that the goods are forthcoming. A family member of mine has three Kamado's and raves about them. Unfortunately, when I told him of my predicament, he directed me to this site! For now, I remain cautiously optimistic.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:24 pm    

Dude!!!!!!!! (pardon my bluntness) cut your losses. I did the same thing, however, my patience is not a developed as yours. When they promised tile samples that didn't show and then stopped answering the phone or responding to email, I made a charge back on the credit card and contacted Dennis @ www.komodokamado.com - I literally had a cooker in 2 weeks from initial contact, that included a few days working out the details and deciding on a color!
Go to that site and then to the forum and see post of several customers that have, or still own Kamados. They are qualified to comment on the difference in quality of construction and performance, I can only speak to the customer service and on that subject, there is NO comparison.
Had the K company responded in ANY reasonable manner, I would not likely have come to know about Komodo Kamado and would likely be suffering the fate of many other poor souls.
Don't become a statistic - your own blood relative is trying to tell you the same thing but they don't want to hurt your feelings, I don't care, don't be a doofus!
Unless you have more money than you need, cancel the transaction with your card company TODAY and move on to a company that makes a better product and is not trying to finance the fleecing of others with your interest free loan!! [rant-off]
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:32 pm    

Consider this..

If you have spent any time on the Kamado message board, you have seen messages about unresponsive customer service. Lately, you may have noticed those messages dissapearing........ not only do they ignore the potential customer, (and worse, someone like you that has actually entrusted them with your hard-earned cash -and credit card # [shudder]) but even have the 'nads to delete the messages and continue to ignore them. Look around this site to see people who have been literally screwed out of thousands by RJ, he won't even think twice about taking a few hundred from you.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:41 pm    

I'm on a roll

I looked at your profile, occupation: Entrepreneur
I will assume that means that you have customers - of some type - who doesn't. Now, think for a millisecond, if you treated one of you customers like you are being treated...... what would happen to your customer, what would happen to your business - don't reward this type of behavior. There are other companies out there that will take your money and deliver a product or even return a phone call!!
I didn't lose a dime to that company, but I nearly did because I wanted to believe just like you, and I bailed before I found this site, after I found it, I was stunned to think how lucky I was. A guardian angel suggested I be cautious, I just try to pay it forward.
curly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:49 pm    

Re: Still optimistic

fishcabin wrote:
I placed an order w/ a 50% down payment in Jan '07.....haven't heard from them since... I remain cautiously optimistic.

You remain WHAT? Dang man...can I sell you something? Anything, what do you currently need? Send me 50% down and then don't bug me for 8 mths or so.

Wake up my friend...if you paid by credit, have it reversed...get a KK in weeks from the site mentioned above.

I'm one of those with both...and can attest to the fact that the Kamado is a darn good cooker:
a. if you can ever get it
b. if the tiles don't fall off (well, it still cooks OK like this so with your well developed patience you may not mind. I can't figure out why they all cry just because their tiles fall off...even if tiles are the only reason they went for that cooker)
c. if it don't develop major cracks that keeps it from being able to do low-n-slows.

But the KK is a great masterpiece of a cooker. No comparison in any area, especially the customer service.

Good luck on this no-brainer decision Rolling Eyes
curly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:51 pm    

Re: I'm on a roll

Fetzervalve wrote:
I looked at your profile, occupation: Entrepreneur

Oh, well in that case, maybe you should direct him to the place where you sign on the dotted line to become a dealer for those wonderful Kamados Rolling Eyes
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:45 pm    

Fishcabin.....I cancelled after a year. They don't ever return the calls. Might as well give up and move on. You will have a better BBQ much sooner.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:49 am    

does it strike anyone that fishcabin's kin owns 3 of these cookers, and yet, when trouble strikes, advised him to turn to this site.

in other words, an otherwise loyal customer of RJ's considers this site to be a RESOURCE for helping others. i'm sure there are plenty of folks that look at the posts here and see nothing but muckraking and bitter complaint.

but this is the REAL reason we are here. fishcabin, in airing his present difficulties here, has not only come looking for help, but added value to this resource by telling his story.

thanks fishcabin! i'm hoping for the best for your situation, whatever you decide. it might even be a blessing in disguise, that is, if you can get your money back. you wont be saddled with a shoddiliy constructed cooker that is backed by a worthless warranty.
Firemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:35 am    

Porkchop wrote:
does it strike anyone that fishcabin's kin owns 3 of these cookers, and yet, when trouble strikes, advised him to turn to this site.

Absolutely, PC. That is exactly what I found profoundly revealing in fishtails post. His relative is not just the average guy who lost some tile, or developed a few cracks, and got no recourse. His relative was likely a Kamado Evangelist!

I am sure that the relative had bought into the endless excuses and waited just as long for at least a couple of his 3 Kamados, so it should come as no surprise that fishtail is playing the waiting game now. Since fishtails relative still raves about his Kamados, it would take pretty a hefty piece of humility to tell fishtail to cancel the order. KFF allowed the relative a way to provide the information and still save a little bit of pride.

This forum has again served its duty, by allowing fishtail to find the writing on the wall, without being clouded by all the smoke and mirrors that the Kompany puts forward.

Fishtail, do yourself a favor, get your charge-back processed sooner rather than later. You can find several posts on this forum documenting how often Kamado changes their corporation, to avoid collections. It is rumored that the credit card merchant accounts move even more frequently to avoid charge-backs, or because the number of charge-backs prompt the merchant account to be revoked.

I know this thread is not about Komodo Kamado grills, and is about your lack of response when you are holding the bag for about a grand in deposit money. But since it was brought up, I also have a both grills, and can attest that the comparison is not even close regarding quality. Just have a look at the hall of shame pictures on this forum to see what you are in for if you choose to wait it out. Getting the grill delivered is just the beginning!
jchan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:01 am    

Firemonkey wrote:
I know this thread is not about Komodo Kamado grills...

We have equal representation to all Kamado competitors in the premium tiled grill market!
Knotter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:59 am    

If you enjoy repairing your grill, or working with ceramics/tile/adhesive/thin set/metal/etc. then get a Kamado.

I've had to repair mine every single year since purchase! Some years multiple times. Had it been a car, it would have been replaced under the Lemon Law by now. Instead Kamado gives you a lifetime guarantee that means you repair it yourself.
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:39 am    

Knotter wrote:
If you enjoy repairing your grill, or working with ceramics/tile/adhesive/thin set/metal/etc. then get a Kamado.

I've had to repair mine every single year since purchase! Some years multiple times. Had it been a car, it would have been replaced under the Lemon Law by now. Instead Kamado gives you a lifetime guarantee that means you repair it yourself.

That is why they have so many threads devoted to reparis there. Bands, rusted damper tops, tile, M61 patching. One person proudly advised how to re-texture the entire BBQ when all the tiles fall off.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:52 am    

Sam, the re-texture poster was proud, but his cooker looked like SH*T after he was done. This is what really gets me. The tiled cookers (in general) are beautiful! So, why pay for all that beauty and then say looks don't matter? Why not buy a textured cooker to begin with and save a few hundred dollars if looks don't matter? But, no! The koolaid drinkers tout how beautiful their cookers are, but then when they look like SH*T after the tiles fall off, they suddenly feel that looks don't matter. I swear, RJ must have them on drugs or something.
Firemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:17 pm    

Quote:
I swear, RJ must have them on drugs or something.

You may be on to something! Maybe its a side effect of cooking over moldy lump?? Or inhaling the off-gassing of God only knows what he puts in his "very special, very proprietary, top secret magic (PORTLAND CEMENT) mix?!?"
foxhound

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:50 pm    

fishtail-99 wrote:
Quote:
Sam, the re-texture poster was proud, but his cooker looked like SH*T after he was done.

YES it did look pretty bad, it did make me chuckle though.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: