Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Has hell frozen over
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxhound

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:19 pm    

curly wrote:
I think what actually happens is that after you finish one of those tiny cups of kool aide, they are able to then sell you a bag of tiles and some grout, and tell you to go home and put them on the cup and you will have a wonderful ceramic cooker Rolling Eyes

Yeah, seriously, it's some good stuff. Wink

Laughing Laughing
Nerka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:39 pm    

Re: Dumb and Dumber

sam wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
This isn't exactly like calling up a factory in Des Moines and saying, "Make me another thousand widgets just like the last batch." It's a LONG supply chain, from here to places where concepts of quality control, consistency, etc. may be very different and/or very hard to monitor and maintain. Nobody would doubt that Richard sets the specs, and that they're stringent. Could somebody, somewhere, when Richard isn't standing over him, say, "You know, if we burned this stuff for 8 hours less we'd make another buck, and who's going to know the difference?" Yes. Would Richard strangle this person if he caught him? Absolutely.

This would be a perfect post to reply to on the K forum pointing out that RJ doesn't pay for the charcoal that is why he can't get the original good stuff again.
jchan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:54 pm    

I can certainly understand the posts that say "it's just charcoal" and that a good cook shouldn't care about ash production and burn time since he can just clean out the ashes mid cook or add more charcoal. I may even agree to an extent. However, why would anyone with that philosophy buy charcoal from half the world away and incur a horrible shipping penalty when they can just buy local and have something that also gets the job done? I've used Cowboy, it's not half bad. Even the pro-RJ posters are essentially saying not to buy his charcoal - it may be OK that it doesn't live up to his "ashless" claims but according to them even if it's better than local that shouldn't matter if you're a good cook.
foxhound

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:02 pm    

nerka wrote:
Quote:
This would be a perfect post to reply to on the K forum pointing out that RJ doesn't pay for the charcoal that is why he can't get the original good stuff again.

I have been thinking the same thing, except I no longer can post over there Laughing I just don't think if you told some of those people flat out that RJ didn't pay for the charcoal they would not accept that. They would probably say he was justified somehow for not paying for the charcoal, even though he sold it.

Jchan...I also agree with you...if you are willing to accept the defects why pay the premium and go through the ridiculous bullshit to order the stuff when you can get it locally at WalMart or similar outlet.
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:40 am    

sam wrote:

I have been thinking the same thing, except I no longer can post over there Laughing

It's as easy as setting up a new Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail, etc. address and re-registering on the POSK forum.

Not that I've done it a dozen times or so....
jchan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:59 am    

While you're at it, I don't remember seeing the TNW lump review posted there - people should be aware that they may not be getting the full weight they were promised.
foxhound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:53 am    

CrookedRichard wrote:
sam wrote:

I have been thinking the same thing, except I no longer can post over there Laughing

It's as easy as setting up a new Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail, etc. address and re-registering on the POSK forum.

Not that I've done it a dozen times or so....

The last time I re-registered over there, it took several days for a moderator to approve the account. It is about the same speed as their legendary customer service. Shocked My bet is some of their new customers loose interest in buying before they can ever get registered on the forum. Maybe part of the reason that forum is declining over there.
Knotter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 pm    

Curly wrote
Quote:
This family is mutli-generational flim-flam griftin gypsies...they'll not give up the fight easy.

"Gypsies", perfect expression.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: