Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Just Cancelled My Kamado Order
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jglanton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:11 am    

Just Cancelled My Kamado Order

After waiting 15 weeks for my 4-6 week delivery of a lovely tiled Kamado cooker, and a month of non-replies to emails and phone calls, I decided enough was enough. They show no signs of being in business, except for the occasional spam email that they send. My CC company was happy to reverse the charge for my deposit, and will contact Kamado's bank and demand the money back for non-delivery.

All they really had to do to keep me on the string a bit longer was to pick up the phone, reply to an email, give me an excuse and a new delivery date. They couldn't even do that.

I was hoping for a Kamado for Thanksgiving. Not sure that I feel like re-starting the shopping process for a different supplier, then going through another wait.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:24 am    

Then why not buy an Egg? Not as pretty, but readily available and the food will still be excellent, which is ultimately what matters most. There are plenty of beautiful KK's ready-to-ship stateside, as well.

Congrats on your cancellation!

Wink
curly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:25 am    

I was just looking at a different tiled ceramic cooking site where the guy called up and ordered one on Monday of this week and he has a picture of it sitting in his truck in his driveway today. He's waiting for a few neighbors to get home from work so they can help him unload it.

Thanksgiving can still see a turkey in a ceramic cooker at your house. And now, since you were wise enough to cancel the RJ Kamado, whatever you get may even last for a few more thanksgivings. Rolling Eyes

Here's the thread with the pic.

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1993

Here's the thread where he said it took only 4 days from order to having it in his driveway.

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18777&highlight=#187 77
ToastedMorsel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:27 am    

Ready stock for Turkey day

jglanton wrote:

I was hoping for a Kamado for Thanksgiving. Not sure that I feel like re-starting the shopping process for a different supplier, then going through another wait.

You can get a Komodo Kamado in 2 days if your west coast and about 5-6 days east coast. They usually have about 20-25 in ready stock in Los Angeles.

Here's a guy in FL who just ordered on Monday 11-05-07 and got it Friday 11-09-07
KK forum
http://komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1982&start=15

It's a real company with real customer service..

Wink Wink
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:33 am    

I had a similar experience with the kamado people. They actually did you a favor..their quality control is spotty, and you would really be mad to have had product issues and they don't respond.

I do not have experience with the egg or primo product. However I do have a komodokamado and a kamado. The kk is superior... There is inventory of the KK in the US and if you like any of those colors, you can get those within a few days depending on your location.

Its hard to believe, but you have been saved.
Knotter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:50 pm    

jglanton. Consider yourself lucky on one hand. On the other hand, if you've not cooked on a ceramic cooker, and don't purchase one, you'll never know what you're missing.

Even those of us not as lucky as you, now with imperfect Kamados, would still not go back to metal cookers.

Get yourself a KK and be happy. You won't be sorry. From my experience, KK customer service is the best; clearly outdoes the rest.
jglanton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:34 pm    

Thanks for your inputs. I just looked at the KK cookers and they look very nice. And in stock, that is awesome! What I don't like is that there is only one size and the $2500 price tag. I'd rather have something a bit smaller, like the #5 Kamado size that I had on order. I went out at lunch today and looked at a BGE. It's just "OK". I'll keep looking.
curly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:20 pm    

As long as you stay away from Kamado you'll be fine. BGE's cook as well as the others...they just lack the pizazz that comes with tile. But they do have wonderful customer service and are available NOW Very Happy
greggd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:54 pm    

cancelled Kamado order

jglanton: If you can drive to Chicago, I will sell my broken in, very serviceable, no problem to date, Kamado blue #7. Make me a reasonable offer.

G
Got my Money back

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:23 am    

JG -
I cancelled my POSK order as well in Oct after 7.5 months of nightmare.
I ordered a KK from Dennis on Mon 11-05-07 and i picked it up at the freight co Fri 11-09-07. Freight co had is slated for a mon am delivery - i just could not wait. 5 days from order to door...

I can strongly recommend the KK adn i haven't even cooked on it yet. It got here so fast, i don't have any charcoal!

as far as the $2500 tag... well worth it, workmanship, everything AND customer service to boot!!
Got my Money back

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:24 am    

sorry - fogot to mention - I live in Florida, Kooker came from California.
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:22 pm    

I have a #7 in PA you can buy.

It functions... sorta...
foxhound

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:21 pm    

jglanton...what state are you from...we might find you a #5 for sell from someone wanting to upgrade on the KK site.
jglanton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:59 pm    

sam wrote:
jglanton...what state are you from...we might find you a #5 for sell from someone wanting to upgrade on the KK site.

Thanks everyone! I was in the mood to get results today. I have a whole chicken, new potatoes with fresh rosemary, and some corn roasting in a BGE as I write this. No lovely tiles to look at, but I'm ready to get cooking. My wife called her friend and told her that I brought home a giant avocado thing.
Dormouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:44 am    

Great about immediate cooking on an avocado.
There's an immediately available intact-tiled K5 in NJ you could have purchased (with gadgets). Next time, perhaps.

Enjoy the guacamole! Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: