Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Reporting Kamado fraud in Nevada (Las Vegas)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defrauded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:22 pm    

Reporting Kamado fraud in Nevada (Las Vegas)

Now that the Krooks have incorporated in Las Vegas, I am going after them through the Nevada Atty Gen's office. Forget the Better Business Bureau, I tried this in San Diego and the Kompany did not respond to any inquiries from them. The BBB does their best, but they can only make recommendations and have no enforcement power.

The first link is the Nevada Atty Gen's consumer complaint page,
and the second is the link to the actual complaint form.

http://ag.state.nv.us/complaints/complaints.htm
http://ag.state.nv.us/org/bcp/complaint_form_bcplv.pdf

I called the office as well, they say it will take 4-6 weeks to process. I will submit mine sometime this week (the Krooks owe me a ~$600 downpayment I made in Feb 2006 for a meridian they never ended up building). I provided some details of my situation in another posting.

If everyone that has been screwed by these snake oil salesman puts in a complaint, it will be hard for the Atty Gen's office not to take notice.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:03 pm    

GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! Good luck!
Sesquipedalian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:26 am    

It is good to see someone taking some action against them.
defrauded

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:40 am    

Update: I may be getting my Meridian deposit back from VISA

I found my original credit card statement when I ordered the Meridian.
I contacted VISA, who asked me to fill out a form detailing the fraud of Kamado. I sent them a fax of 21 pages, which included email exchanges from Laura where she admits they never built the Meridian, 16 months after receiving my down payment, and that they would be refunding my money as a result. I will probably get my deposit back, but who knows if VISA will be able to recover the amount from Kamado.

However, if Kamado does not pay VISA, VISA could very well refuse to honor them as a vendor. This helps everyone.

- defrauded
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:45 am    

We suspect that various credit card servicers have refused to allow Kamado to use them. Maybe Visa has caught on themselves. Now, Kamado is accepting PayPal on eBay, so they still have ways to get money and scam customers.
defrauded

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:16 pm    

VISA refunding my meridian deposit ... priceless

I sent VISA a 22-page fax detailing the empty promises and misrepresentations of Laura, and VISA refunded my money. I am one of the lucky ones.

I never did hear back from the Nevada Atty General's office after filing my complaint. I'm still glad I did it, perhaps the cumulative weight of complaints against Kamado could cause the state to go after them (if they don't cut-and run, changing their corporate name and state of incorporation again to avoid litigation).

Thank you for your support. Though my saga with Kamado is over, I will check in now and then. Keep up the pressure on these Krooks, you are making a difference.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: