Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Richard Johnson to his customers: Fix it yourself!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:26 am    

Richard Johnson to his customers: Fix it yourself!!

To all prospective Kamado customers, this exchange on the Kamado forum is absolutely typical of what you should expect if you make the mistake of dealing with Richard Johnson:

Alan is not happy and for good reason!

Quote:

Alan
Associate Member
Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 2:12 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
What solutions were used for the new rod firebox when sitting too low for gas attachment to slide under. I expect that this must be a common problem.

I had mine for a few months and it being the first seventy degree day in the midwest decided to try it. I don't understand why this should of happened and as you expect not too happy.

Alan

Of course, fanboy AlanZ is always ready with a solution that will help Kamado weasel out of their obligations to their customers:

Quote:

Alanz
Post Number: 1180
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 6:24 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Alan,

This is not happening on the rod firebox I received.

I'd imagine that raising the ledge that the rod sets on 1/4" with some thinset or anything else would let the bottom clear the burner.

Of course it isn't happening to you, AlanZ! You are a fanboy! You kiss RJ's ass on a daily basis. You are their golden boy! You suspend the accounts of anyone who dares to question his royal highness in his royal residence, the Kamado Forum! You help to keep his business alive and your pathetic hopes for ever cashing in on that Kamado stock that RJ gave you. Of course your firebox is ok! Richard Johnson made sure that one or two good ones went out so people like you could post how happy you are and how wonderful Kamado products are. So, just like the sun always rises in the east, you have jumped into this thread and given Richard Johnson the weasel fix he so desperately needs in order to avoid having to spend any money fixing something that he screwed up! And thus, as expected, Richard Johnson pulls out the tired and worn refrain of his, FIX IT YOURSELF! Damned if he'll send out a firebox that is actually built correctly to replace the defective firebox that you paid for!

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2311
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 6:39 pm:

Checking our delivery records Alan has one of the first we made. All the last Rod Fireboxes do have addition clearance.

Alanz is right Alan, just add a little M62 to the firebox ledge, if you need more, just let us know. It is hard to give up the Rod Firebox after you use it as it is nice.

No, Richard! It's hard to give up the Rod Firebox because Alan knows that if he does ship it back to you, it will be months or years before he sees a replacement.

Quote:

Alan
Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 5:59 pm:

Richard,

If I send the new rod firebox back I will not be able to use my cooker till you send some solution back. I am not willing to do this.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:19 pm    

Quote:
Bixmeister

Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 7:13 pm:
I was asked to comment on the new rod firebox.
I have had no problem starting charcoal using slide-in propane burner. I have used the new firebox at least 8 times. The gas burner easily slides in without a hitch. Pictures follow-Bix

Thanks Bix. Who asked you? And how does that help Alan, exactly?

Quote:
Richardj
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 8:42 pm:
I have been asked earlier and on this forum the dimensions of the #5 Rod Firebox. Note the diagram is only for the #5. Also, the ledge on the wall of the base (where the outer ring of the RFB sits) must be relatively clean so the RFB will fit. If necessary, it is very easy to scrape this seat to enlarge it a little or after a little use the heat expansion will enlarge w/o damage. I did the measurements in metric.

And thank YOU, Richard. I'm sure Alan finds your diagram very helpful.

Rolling Eyes
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:11 am    

Quote:
If necessary, it is very easy to scrape this seat to enlarge it a little or after a little use the heat expansion will enlarge w/o damage.

Isnt this exactly what he used to blame his cracking on? Stress from heat expansion, and outside objects that could not possibly be caused by shoddy materials or workmanship?

Now he wants you to squeeze a metal rack in there, and let it get hot so it can force its way to a better fit?!?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:53 am    

Ok, not to worry about pushing that thing in there and breakings due to expansion. Alan is going to get a replacement. Well, isn't he? I mean he deserves one, right? I mean, he asked for one:

Quote:

Alan
Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 9:33 am:

Richard,

I must of received a new rod firebox before the adjustments were made. I am looking forward to my replacement. Can you
e-mail me so I know when it will be sent.

Alan

So isn't Alan going to get a replacement, LMFAO???
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:14 am    

fishtail-99 wrote:
So isn't Alan going to get a replacement, LMFAO???

Stop smirking, it's unbecoming. Any good Roman spectator knew there was proper decorum to be observed when the Christians were fed to the lions.

And the wave was definitely verboten.
Sesquipedalian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:00 am    

RJ yesterday

Quote:
Larry, I have been using Kamados for over 48 years and I have never covered any including the first tiled Kamado I ever made over 13 ears ago. This is the same one we use 3 or 4 times a week and there is not one tile loose or missing.

In fact, less than 1/10 of one percent of all the 1000's of Kamados we sold have any tile problems, but even one is too many.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:08 am    

Of course RJ thinks even 1 cooker with missing tiles is 1 too many. He'd have to fix it and he won't fix even 1!
The Spanker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:27 am    

Statistics don't lie, but liars...

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2320
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 10:48 am:

In fact, less than 1/10 of one percent of all the 1000's of Kamados we sold have any tile problems...

< 1/10 or 1%... i.e., less than 1:1000???

That's amazing! The percentage of his current and former forum regulars that have suffered tile loss is a couple of orders of magnitude higher than that.

Apparently forum participation is very hazardous to a kamado's health.
Sesquipedalian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:57 am    

sorry I just found out this had been posted as paer of another post under another topic.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: