Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Alanz is alive and well, part 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:10 am    

Alanz is alive and well, part 2

A Kustomer was trying to contact Kamado by calling their east coast service center numbers and posted that neither number worked. So, helpful Alanz jumps in with a suggestion:

Quote:
Alanz
Post Number: 1185
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 4:58 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
When I need to contact the folk at Kamado, I use the phone numbers from the home page.

Notice that Alanz doesn't explain that there is no east coast service center. He just suggests calling a different number. Good move, Alanz! Don't expose the myth of the east coast service center. But the Kustomer wants to know how successful Alanz has been in calling this other number:

Quote:

Bigbobed
Post Number: 110
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 5:03 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
When was the last time you were able to talk to someone?

Good old Alanz never has a problem:

Quote:

Alanz
Post Number: 1186
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 6:39 pm:

I spoke to them about a week ago.

OF COURSE YOU SPOKE TO THEM ABOUT A WEEK AGO! YOU ARE FAN BOY #1! Richard Johnson has caller ID, you fool! He knows it is you calling, so he'll answer the phone! Alanz is turning into just as big a liar as Richard Johnson. Sigh....
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:08 am    

I wonder if "tony" or "admin" or "Richardj" or any pf the others has not just hijacked an id to further their scam?

Wasnt Alan posting not long ago that his new rod firebox didnt fit for shit either?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:12 am    

Well, you know that would not be outside the realm of possibility. If so, I apologize Alanz. (But I doubt it....) If that were actually true, I would have expected Alanz to at least post here that he no longer is assiciated with them. He is registered here, so he could post if he wanted to. Unless there was some sort of secret agreement like there was with Kim and David where Alanz agreed to go quietly and not say bad things, I imagine Alanz is still alive and well and serving the Koolaid.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:25 am    

Well, assuming Alanz hasn't been hijacked by Richard Johson, he just posted his "fix it yourself" solution for the defective fireboxes that Richard Johnson has been shipping. I wonder if those clamps will survive the heat. Oh well, it doesn't matter. Even if they don't, Alanz has probably saved Richard Johnson from having to replace any of his defective fireboxes at least for a few more months. Oh, how long can this patient stay alive.....
Wheatridge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:02 pm    

I'm pretty sure he did in fact speak to them. I typed a reply to post on the k forum the other day, when I signed in I learned that I had gotten the toe. Thats right, uncerimoniously stripped of privledges on the k forum. I emailed AlanZ and asked why and someone squealed to the johnson's that they had recieved a pm from me asking them to check out the Kamado Fraud Forum. before they buy. tsk tsk That's against forum rules and regulations.
JasmineFilter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:14 pm    

Alanz appears to be as morally corrupt as RJ himself. I wonder if Alanz is RJ's love child....
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:04 am    

fishtail-99 wrote:
Unless there was some sort of secret agreement like there was with Kim and David where Alanz agreed to go quietly and not say bad things, I imagine Alanz is still alive and well and serving the Koolaid.

David was complicit in the whole K fiasco as far as I could tell. I've seen the emails from him to TO and David was in all the way with RJ and company.

They got theirs when RJ didn't pay up for the East Coast gig. Likewise, David supposedly had a store front for the 'coming soon' East Coast Kamado. At least they got burned by RJ, too.
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:08 am    

JasmineFilter wrote:
Alanz appears to be as morally corrupt as RJ himself. I wonder if Alanz is RJ's love child....

He's a weird dude. Had a nice little 'chat' with him years ago at a competition. He went on a rant about school fundng for sports (should be abolished), yet ten minutes later said 'drama club' should be fully funded. Bonus points if you can figure out what his wife was involved in...

If you haven't met him in person, yes, he looks like he rode the bench in every sport (if any) he tried.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:44 am    

You may recall that David posted after a long absence about he and Kim were well and happy and running a dive shop. At a minimum he could have just refused to post, since he knew anything negative would have been deleted.
GRB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:26 pm    

I know Kim & David personally, and have spoken to them a few months ago... Essentially they did just ride off into the sunset, as I did. There is nothing to gain by posting "the dirt" at the K forum, it would just get deleted.

They worked hard for a year or two but never got the mfg support they needed. (Just like Tony) They spent a couple weeks in MX helping them get set up there when they moved from SAC, but there was never any money coming in for Kim & David.

They are both very smart, and decided to cut the cord and get on with life. I'll always consider them my friends and they have been to my house for dinner when passing through AZ and are welcome anytime.

There is NO reason to say anything negative about those two.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:51 pm    

I toned down my post a bit, but their nice friendly post certainly gave the wrong impression. I already said that anything negative would have been deleted, but they could have chosen to simply not post.

But to Crooked Richard, of course they were in it. They believed in the cookers and wanted to participate in the business. I would be shocked, though, if they thought they were participating in a scam. There's a difference between trying to help RJ succeed, unaware of his activities, and actually trying to perpetuate his scam.
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:25 pm    

GRB wrote:
There is NO reason to say anything negative about those two.

Why not ask TO about David running interference for RJ? Likewise, David did a number of tap dances when it came to warranty claims for various customers.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:53 pm    

When was the news broken that the East Coast distribution center was closing? Did they ever even receive inventory? Sorry if I am out of the loop, after I bought my K I stopped following the forum. I do remember it was very busy till everyones tiles started falling off. I started paying attention again when I wanted to take advantage of the lifetime warranty that I signed on for was ignored.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:20 pm    

CrookedRichard wrote:

Why not ask TO about David running interference for RJ? Likewise, David did a number of tap dances when it came to warranty claims for various customers.

I never dealt with Kim nor David, but I do recall porkchop posting his entire email exchange over his crumbled firebox. FWIR, it was David that was wielding RJs "tough shit stick" and asking for a credit card number in order to charge him for his warranty replacement.

Porkchop posting on K forum under alt of SugarBooger wrote:

deb, thanks for the offer, but i've already gone thru this with david, k. more interested in calling you guys on the nonsense in this thread. i've come to terms with my troubles with you guys and your service, and i'm not actually all that bunched up by the way i was treated anymore.

I cant comment on David's motivation in the exchange, but I definitely have a hard time considering them innocent victims of the machine.

BTW, the maib page of this forum has a link to a mirror of Porkchop's email exchange.
GRB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:15 am    

I'll still stand up for Kim & David...

They were heavy consumers of the "kool-aid". They really believed in the cooker and wanted the company to be successful. Unfortunately they were squooshed slowly through the same RJ wringer as everyone else has ever been.

I can't comment about any specific deal or conversation between you guys and them, but it is hard for me to believe that they would be part of any intentional deception or fraud. No way! Kim would kick David's a$$!
They are regular folks like us that got duped as bad as anyone since Tony.

Kim and David even fronted for nextel phones so they could stay in touch from across the country (RJ was supposed to reimburse, but of course....you know how that goes). Fast communication doesn't matter if the guy doesn't deliver. If David had to "tap dance" it is because he was being fed the same old BS that RJ been doling out forever. Their role was really as advocates, but they had no control.

K&D were in the impossible situation of fronting all the customer calls & complaints but had no control over RJ's ability or willingness to fix things or deliver product. It's alot like being a waiter in a restaurant when the kitchen crashes and the chef walks out. What can they do?

Eventually K&D shut off the cell phones and logged off the forum and bought the dive shop.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: