Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Kamado Forum Numerology

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:50 pm    

Kamado Forum Numerology

Several posters have tried to make the point that the Kamado forum has 52,000 posts from 2600 users, as if this were somehow relevant to the question of whether or not Richard Johnson is a crook, or whether Kamado cookers are any good or whether Kamado customer service is any good. On the other hand, they like to point out that the Kamado Fraud Forum only has 100 members and 3400 posts. They claim this means that what we say here is not believable. Yep, 52,000 beats 3,400 any day, right?

The first thing that is wrong with the simple statement of 52,000 posts from 2600 users is the fact that hundreds of posts have been deleted by Richard Johnson because they complained of poor workmanship or poor customer service. And there are a lot of posts that remain which complain. Someone would need to read all of the posts and tally up all the complaints versus all the praise.

But let's look at the numbers. 52,000 vs. 3,400, eh? Well, the Kamado forum has been around in its present form since mid-2001. In order to make things fair, we need to subtract out the recipes, how to use the cooker, charcoal orders, presale questions and Kamado news posts. Those topics don't exist on the Kamado Fraud Forum. That leaves the Kamado forum with about 27,000 posts.

Now if you figure the number of posts per year, you get something around 3,800 posts per year. The KFF has been around 2 years and has 3,400 posts, so it has about 1,700 posts per year. Again, this assumes that this is somehow related to whether Kamado cookers are good, or whether Richard Johnson is a crook.

Ah, but now we must factor in the number of users. 2,600 vs. 100. Let's see. Kamado's 2,600 users produce 3,400 posts per year, or about 1.3 posts per person per year. The KFF's 100 users post 1,700 posts per year or about 17 per person. So assuming that this is actually relevant, who has the more active forum? Which forum should you believe? Frankly, we don't think it's relevant.

And just for fun, if you look at the 27,000 posts and see when they were posted by year, look what we have:

2001 - 1669 (oh boy! People are posting!)
2002 - 3769 (My fraud, er, business is growing)
2003 - 4900 (Damn! I'm fooling a lot of people)
2004 - 5751 (I'm going to be rich soon. Better put together a business plan for the investors!)
2005 - 5403 (uh, oh! Something's happening!)
2006 - 3237 (Where are my kustomers going?)
2007 - 1709 (WTF? Are my kustomers katching on?)
2008 - 711 (projected through the end of the year, still a few fanboy Koolaid drinkers hanging around)

Now what does this tell you about Kamado quality and service? What other possible explanation could there be except that Kustomers are catching on to the fraud and the lies.

So, if you own a Kamado cooker, and you are happy, great! If you have never needed to call for customer service, great! We are glad that Richard Johnson hasn't been able to hurt you yet. (We really are glad that Richard Johnson hasn't been able to hurt you yet. You see, if you would open your eyes and read this forum, you'd see that the purpose of this forum is to keep Richard Johnson from hurting any more people.) But please don't tell us that your one cooker means that all Kamado cookers are great. Please don't tell us that the customer service you have never used is great. But most of all, please don't tell us that 52,000 posts and 2,600 users are proof that all Kamado cookers are good, all Kamado customer service is good, and Richard Johnson is good. You see, it doesn't and they aren't.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:37 pm    

If we are doing an analysis of the numbers, this should give something for comparison. The Komodo Kamado Forum has just 302 registered users, and already has over 21000 posts.

What does that tell us? People have found a tiled cooker where they get quality product and service. The market enthusiasm is still there, people are just more wise to RJ, since he cant delete and hide posts once they land here.
gladididnt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:23 pm    

Just adding to the string, without any personal opinion.
The Big Green Egg forum has 3332 registerd members.
And it appears that all seem to be happy with the product.

Have a great wekend!!
schlebb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:29 pm    

Ghost posting

Seems like people who registered 2+ years ago and who have never posted are coming out of the wood work to post all of a sudden...
mpit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:35 am    

I have purchased two Kamados a #3 and a #7. I purchased the #7 first and then two years later bought a #3 f or use at my girlfriends apartment as my wife didnt like me cooking for hr at our home.

The #3 came with some damage which Kamado has agreed to fix for the past two years. I am still waitng for the parts which they say they sent 5/01/06. I have sent them countless emails and have left them probably 50 messages on the phone for sales and service. They refuse to answer any calls or emails.

Over the past 4 or 5 years I have sent them 3 or 4 buyers who all have the same problems as I do. I can't get parts for my cookers and they can't either. My last purchase from Kamado was 13 bozxes of coconut lump which was delivered useless. It was all krumbled up and filled with mold. It smelled so bad whtere was no way I was going to cook with it. But alas, no problem, Kamado is sending me replacements. I have been waitng for them for the last year and 9 months also.

FUTURE BUYERS OF KAMADOS BEWARE, IF YOU NEED SERVICE FOR YOUR FUTURE COOKER YOU ARE SCREWED.

YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM DRINK IT!!!
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:23 pm    

mpit wrote:
I have purchased two Kamados a #3 and a #7. I purchased the #7 first and then two years later bought a #3 f or use at my girlfriends apartment as my wife didnt like me cooking for hr at our home.

Razz Wives can be so unaccommodating sometimes! Razz
mpit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:18 am    

yes it was ment to be funny, however the message is very serious.

If anybody out there is even contemplating ordering parts or a new cooker from Kamado they need to seriously consider the fact they will probably never get what they order.

and after they read all the warnings still wish to take a chance, they need to pay with a credit card as they will be able to get their money refunded after 3 or 4 months from the credit card company as I was able to do.

BTW I just ordered and received a lump saver for my K & from Komodo Kamado and it arrived in just 3 days. Don't be afraid to deal with Mr. Linkletter.

merrill
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:27 am    

word is kamado does not accept credit cards anymore.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:45 am    

Their eBay add says they take PayPal and the ad also has a "0% APR until 2009 with new eBay MasterCard" tag on it. I wonder who is "taking the credit card" if you get an eBay CC. Do you have the same protections as normal if you use a credit card on PayPal? But is IS VERY telling that Kamado cannot accept a credit card themselves any more.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: