Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Now I'm confused....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:18 am    

Now I'm confused....

Peteroadie also wrote:

Peteroadie
Post Number: 145
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 10:29 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Hate to but I must sell my Kamado #5. It's cobalt blue with charcoal grout. Mint condition. Stainless stand with stainless straps. Has all three grill levels and a heat shield.

Asking $500. Paid $1000.

Call Peter at 925 551-3326 eve's and 510 770-4485 days. PST

Peteroadie wrote:

Peteroadie
Post Number: 146
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 10:41 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I have a kamado #5 with a similar condition, however, my fire ring has broken in 4 places around and has fallen apart. However, I use my kamado, or at least used it 4 times a week for five years before it fell apart. I've had trouble contacting and getting anything out of the service department so I've drilled holes on each side of the cracks and wired it together. I'm temporarily good for now. But very upset the sales department. Initially in December, I actually spoke with someone and they were very nice on the phone. I sent a check to the invoice address and they said they would send a replacement fire box. However, they never cashed the check. I never received the fire box and was finally able to speak with another service person who gave me a different address to send a check to. In any case, after that I haven't been able to get anything out of the sales department since. It's been six months now. Don't know what I did to warrent this type of treatment. They don't even answer the phone any more.

Once proud, but now sad K owner.

Does he have 2 or is the description of the crumbly condition considered "mint"?? Embarassed He says it great, buy it, then 20 minutes later he trashes it..... and the company.
foxhound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:28 am    

Yeah Bobh didn't need us to trash the K product...it self-combusts! Shocked

One by one they get screwed. Maybe Bobh continues the overblown support thinking they will always respond to him. Laughing Laughing
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:59 am    

sam wrote:
Maybe Bobh continues the overblown support thinking they will always respond to him. Laughing Laughing

That's how kamado fanboys are born!
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:07 am    

Re: Now I'm confused....

Fetzervalve wrote:
Does he have 2 or is the description of the crumbly condition considered "mint"?? Embarassed He says it great, buy it, then 20 minutes later he trashes it..... and the company.

Truly bizarre. Shocked
jchan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:19 am    

I thought it was an excellent use of the term "mint". "Perfect" implies flawless while "mint" implies "same as from the factory". Granted RJ never actually cooks in these things, even to break them in, but I could argue that a powdered firebox is a factory-installed option. Or maybe he meant "mint condition" because it looked a lot like that Life Saver he was chewing on?

Either way we're about to be shut down, BobH says RJ's customer care is completely turned around because a few people actually got stuff they ordered. Try posting that on the BGE forum and see the yawns that result, it's sad that filling an order in a reasonable period of time is newsworthy...
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:06 am    

The complaint message has been removed, but "for sale" is still there, and he hasn't been banned!! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: