Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Another example of what kind of person Richard Johnson is.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:14 pm    

Boy, the more you think about this episode, the more stupid and arrogant that RJ appears. According to his email, he was sent this ONE photograph. He didn't read the thread, yet he can provide his expert in depth analysis of the failure of that cooker from this ONE photograph! Astounding! The manufacturer of that cooker required more photographs to see what happened, but RJ can name that tune with ONE photograph! Why, I'll bet he can look at my lips and instantly provide the names and social security numbers of all the women I've ever kissed!

Is there any soul on the planet that is breathing who doesn't believe that this was a cheap shot misrepresentation (I musn't say "lie"!) of the situation with that cooker? If so please raise your right hand.
somebodyelse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:22 pm    

Re: Another example of what kind of person Richard Johnson i

[quote]Richardj
Post Number: 2343
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 9:27 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------

We absolutely do not want to embed or cast metal into ceramics as there is a much higher expansion rate in metal than in ceramics. Doing so will result, sooner or later cause cracking and destroying the interrogatory of the ceramic in this area. This is especially true in higher temperature conditions, as in our Kamados, as the coefficient of expansion increase is dramatic with temperature increases. The metal expansion always wins over ceramics. There is nothing that can be done to prevent the ceramics from cracking.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------

So do the steel spiders that are embedded in the lids count as metal ? I guess not because that means that every one of the tens of thousands of Kamados sold with this design flaw WILL fail because metal expansion ALWAYS wins over ceramics.
And I guess that very damper top is going to pop off the steel rod embedded in them as well.
GRB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:06 pm    

I guess embedding chicken wire in portland cement & crushed lava rock i s not the same thing?

What's wrong with embedding the spider bolts?? Nothing bad could happen from that, right?

The Spanker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:42 pm    

Re: Another example of what kind of person Richard Johnson i

thatsjustwrong wrote:
So do the steel spiders that are embedded in the lids count as metal ? I guess not because that means that every one of the tens of thousands of Kamados sold with this design flaw WILL fail because metal expansion ALWAYS wins over ceramics.

Dammit. I wish I had thought of the spiders!!! That was perfect. Razz Twisted Evil

thatsjustwrong wrote:
of the tens of thousands of Kamados sold

Smirk. Fortunately the problem isn't really that widespread. Razz Razz
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:28 am    

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 12:36 PM
To: Richard Johnson
Subject: RE:

Richard, Thanks for your response, However I am not sure which brand you are refering to. I would like to be sure. I am still considering upgrading to a larger size cooker and I want to make the right choice. By the way I still would like a warranty replacement bottom for my cracked #1, I am wary of useing it and making it worse, it's really bad already. I also may need a spider collar because the one that is embedded in the top that holds the hat is breaking out. I would really appreciate a response on this issue as well

Subject: RE:
To: "'Shaun
Cc: sales@kamado.com
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 1:23 PM

Hello Shaun,

The picture was taken by the customer and it is a “Komodo” which came from Indonesia as well as our location.

Richelle is will send you a copy of the no charge invoice and work order for the replacement. We do as that you pay the shipping. This will be our 2008 model with many improvements including the collar. In the mean time, while this is being made, I would not hesitate to use this Kamado or if you wish we can send you some M63 that can permanently repair the cracks.

Regards, Richard

Sorry that it took so long to post. I have recieved the no charge invoice and the replacement may be on it's way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: