Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Alanz is alive and well.....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:38 am    

Alanz is alive and well.....

A Kustomer posted that Richard Johnson had once again told a customer to "fix it yourself". This time, the fix was a little trickier than just gluing a few tiles on. This time, the Kustomer is supposed to have welding skills and equipment to fix Richard Johnson's shoddy workmanship:

Quote:
Johnh
Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 1:06 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I got an email from Richard suggesting that I weld a riser onto the rod firebox, or increase the height of the ledge inside the Kamado. Neither option is good for me as I don't have welding equipment, and I don't want to modify the ledge on the K- I may want to use a lumpsaver in the future. He also said the new fireboxes are on back order.

What I would like is to get a lumpsaver now for temporary use (since mine is dead), and be on the top of the list for a new design rod firebox. Bob T wants to buy the rod firebox I have, as he doesn't have the gas option. I have left many phone messages and sent many emails to Kamado about this with no response. Can someone from the factory please respond? Thanks.

What? You don't have welding skills or equipment? Well, in jumps Fan Boy #1, Alanz with the helpful idea that you should take your defective part to a welding shop and pay to have it fixed rather than go throught the hassle of "returns/exchanges":

Quote:
Alanz
Post Number: 1187
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 6:43 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
You might be able to find a local welder or metalworker who can do the modification in about a couple of minutes.

Or there might be something at your local hardware store that can be attached to one of the rings to raise it up slightly.

I'm just trying to think about the easiest ways of getting you going quickly without the hassle of returns/exchanges.

So there you have it. Straight from the mouth of Fan Boy #1. If you have a defective part, trying to deal with the Kompany and getting some sort of warrantee service will not be quick. Rather it will be a hassle. Good call, Alanz!
CrookedRichard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:17 am    

Quote:

Johnh
Post Number: 58
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 6:45 pm:

I have a Rod Firebox for a #7 for sale. It is one of the ones that sits too low and hits the gas burner on my K. If you do not have the gas option, it will work fine. If you do have the gas option, it needs to be raised up at least 1/2 inch to clear the gas burner. Price is $60 plus fedex ground shipping. I can ship ASAP, send me a private message if you are interested.

What a Kwitter!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: