Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

K's for sale!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:56 pm    

K's for sale!!

This is probably the worst site in the world to advertise this, but I have decided to get rid of both my #7 Kamados... one a texture black 2002 indonesian, and the other a coconut brown 2005 model Mexi-K (the one I won at the Kookoff)

I want to buy one of those new stone-tiles 19.5's.

The cocobrown one has no tile problems, and I have almost all the accessories.. Guru port (sorta!), Mushi Grill, Upper Bracket, Upper grate, Meat Hanger, Adjustable Grill (the hanging one), Turkey Setter, Thermometer, etc.

I have abused the textured one, but babied the tile one. I broke it in for 14 days at 200° non stop. Never had it above 500°..

Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:11 pm    

GRB, How about trying to sell them on the Kamado forum. Maybe someone will be interested in them at a reasonable price. How much are you asking? By the way I can't blame you after seeing the Stoned 19.5. The KK is the most beautiful and best quality ceramic cooker available. I don't have one but the buyers testimonies speak for themselves. I can't wait to buy one myself.Why are you downsizing from two #7's to a 19.5? Will that suit your needs? What about custom ordering the larger Stoned KK.? Very Happy
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:48 am    

Most attempts to sell K's on the Kamado forum are met with deletion, even if you state that you are selling a smaller K to buy a bigger K! They just don't want anyone to buy a used K and displace the sale of a new K. They are truly desperate to make any sales, and they are not about to risk losing one.
GRB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:50 am    

The downsizing is mostly a function of price! Even the 19.5" KK costs 4x what my #7 costs.

Posting on the K board is out for me. I deleted my account. If I create a new one I would be INSTANTLY "outed" as soon as they saw the picture.

Additionally, I only have two #7's because I won one at the Kookoff in 2004. One #7 and my #1 is plenty. I never cook on them both at the same time. I have also built three drum smokers to use on the road at BBQ cookoffs. Their performance is very good, especially considering the price. I have two 55gal 22.5" diameter drums (1-ribs, 1-chicken) and an 85g 27"diameter drum with three shelves (pork butt & brisket). If I ever needed to cook a bunch of meat I could fire them up.

I'm one of those guys that want the best possible tool for a job. In 2002 when I bought my 1st #7 the only other cooker comparable was a BGE (or Primo, Grill Dome, etc...). I liked the thicker stainless rod grates and the larger size. Additionally, my $7 cost me $399 and the #1 was $199. Even then I had a feeling for the bad reputation for service, but people were getting cookers that ordered them and with a textured there was no tile issues.

Then in 2003, my cross town AZBBQA buddy, Mark Motta, competed in and won a #9 at the 2003 Kookoff. (Anyone remember that Kim Walker won the 2002 event?). If Motta could win, then I knew I could and for a year I set my sights on winning the 2004 edition. It came down to a coin flip... which I won.

Well, enough rambling...
I like the 19.5, but would probably get a 22. It'll be a tough decision though.... a 22" is almost halfway to a monster Spicewine Trailer! Might have to try and sell the Jet Skis!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:36 pm    

GRB, The good news it that it does'nt sound like your into them for that much money. They look like they are in good condition. The brown with so few cooks might fetch a few bucks it sounds like they don't have any problems yet. You might be able to sell them locally and make some money. The problem with shipping is that cost might cut into your profit. Have you decided on the asking price? The #1 might be worth keeping for the small cooks and they work good for camping trips. Wink
GRB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:44 pm    

Yeah, I'm gonna keep the #1. I'll probably strip the textured #7 and break it up like duck did his #9. I am already using the grates in my UDS. I think the tiled #7 could go $700-ish with all the stuff.

Of course, the lifetime warranty is transferrable, right?
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:13 pm    

Quote:
Of course, the lifetime warranty is transferrable, right?

It cant be worth any less than it is now! Laughing
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 pm    

GRB, does the Textured one have any Kracks? If not it might be worth selling with the grates as a complete Kooker, and then buying another set of grates for the UDS that your useing them in. If the #7 does have Kracks repair them with some "AREA 51". and disclose the repair upon resale. Just an idea. Wink
mpit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 am    

I might be interested in the tiled one,

CAN YOU BACK IT UP TO THE PHONE AND LET ME HEAR IT RUN!!!!

In all honesty I do have a K 7 that I have used for 6 years and it is fine. Other than not being able to get replacement parts I am happy with it.

My K3 on the other hand arrived 3 MONTHS LATE, with a BUSTED TOP and MISSING PARTS etc. I ws not worried becasue Laura told me they were all being shipped asap. That was over two years ago. I am still holding my breath and expecting them any day now.

JUST CALL ME "BLUE BOY"
mpit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:09 am    

BTW

GRB, that is a very nice set up you have there. I bet the food is very tastey as well!!!

If I were you I'd try and sell them to one of your neighbors. Give them a fair price and be honest with them. If you were to arrange a sale over the internet and shipped it to someone it could get damaged very easily. The shipping alone might cause the tiles to start falling off.

I do a lot of cooking out and use my K7 about three times a week all year long and live in MIchigan. I do a lot of entertaining at my home. Just two days ago I had 25 people here just laying round the pool drinking beer adn grilling out. I always have friend asking me where I got it and how much it cost etc.

When I tell them about all the problems with getting parts etc they are shocked!

They are a very good looking cooker. Too bad the company is ran by a bunch of lieing, coniving theives who could care less able keeping their customers happy.

mpit
gravyboat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:05 pm    

Are you still selling the tiled one?

Are you still selling the tiled one?What general area are you located in?Thanks
Chirogyro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:05 am    

mpit wrote:
BTW

When I tell them about all the problems with getting parts etc they are shocked!

They are a very good looking cooker. Too bad the company is ran by a bunch of lieing, coniving theives who could care less able keeping their customers happy.

mpit

Whenever I am asked, I tell them to check out Dennis' KK -- They comment that the shape is different, and I tell them that its a "newer, better design". Smile

-M
GRB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:35 am    

Sorry for the delay...

Cookers are located in Queen Creek AZ.
The textured #7 has a bullet hole in the neck (spider bolt expansion popped off the cement...looks like a bullet hole!) and the top hat is rusted part way open. I have not tried to turbo torque it because of the neck damage. I am sure it would tear the top completely off.

I have been using the grates in the UDS's from BOTH kamados!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:27 pm    

OTB for GRB!

Hey GRB, there is a blue KK OTB on EBAY for sale. You probably don't find these for sale from a private owner much. Anyway have a look. Very Happy http://cgi.ebay.com/Komodo-Kamado-Ceramic-Type-BBQ-Cooker-Like-Egg-Gri ll_W0QQitemZ250292380043QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem BTW did R.J. get the boot at EBAY? I did'nt see any POSK"s on there. Confused
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:14 am    

My guess is that since RJ hasn't sold a single cooker on eBay lately, he may have just given up, figuring the listing fee isn't worth it. There were complaints lodged against his ads since they violate eBay listing policies, but that was some time ago and he never changed his listings, so I assume eBay didn't take the violations seriously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: