Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

More evidence of portland cement fraud....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:24 am    

More evidence of portland cement fraud....

Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2363
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 2:26 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Thanks Mike for the nice comments. We are all fine and celebrating our youngest daughter's last year of the University. And we count on all being fine with you and yours.

We usually like to have orders to sales@kamado.com where you will receive the invoice and work order information. All our knobs and handles are made from a teak or similar hardwood. I think you might have a ceramic knob and will find that it will withstand up to binge drinking. LOL.

My suggestion is a maximum of 550 degree for a longer time to remove the gunk et al. Thereafter a light brushing to remove the ash. I agree on the 750 degree as being unnecessary and dangerous high temperatures, to humans and the thermal shock from rapid heating and cooling. As you know, a ceramic formula that can withstand 2000 degrees F doesn't mean a single thing when it comes to thermal shock. A formula to withstand rapid high temperature changes is quite different and why we suggest our high temperature coating (M61, M62 or M63) after a few years of high temperature use or any sign of something more than normal "spalling".

I certainly agree that we make the best cooker and at any price. If it were not, I would make the changes to make it the best or not make Kamados. One thing we don't make is the fastest product, maybe some day, hopefully, we will speed up delivery.

Again, thank you for your kind comments. Richard

Richard, could the reasoning behind your statement that 750 degrees is unnecessary and dangerous have anything to do with the fact that portland cement begins to deteriorate at 700 degress? Could it?

And your statements about "ceramic" withstanding 2000 degrees but not thermal shock. Er, what's that about? Big Green Eggs (which you claim to have invented, LMAO!) withstand both 2000 degrees and thermal shock, as evidenced by the thousands and thousands of owners doing it everyday. So, why won't your kooker withstand a modest 750 degrees when other brands will? Is it because portland cement isn't ceramic? Huh? Is it? Do you really think that a mere 550 degrees is an adequate maximum temperature for the "best barbecue in the world"? (Your words, not mine, LMAO again....) Heck, a Weber kettle can get over 550 degrees. A Weber kettle would a darn sight cheaper, and last a heck of a lot longer than your cement cooker.
Nerka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:02 pm    

I think I'll do some high temp pizza cooking this weekend to see how dangerous it is. Hopefully the thermal shock doesn't get my cooker but then again it isn't made from cement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: